Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?

Posted by Greatest I am 
March 03, 2015 04:55PM

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Job 2;3 And the LORD said unto Satan: 'Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a whole-hearted and an upright man, one that feareth God, and shunneth evil? and he still holdeth fast his integrity, although thou didst move Me against him, to destroy him without cause.'

From what I have read in scriptures, God does not follow the advice that he gives in his WORD. The above shows him overcome by evil and replying with evil.

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

If we are to emulate God as scriptures say we should, should we too ignore his WORD the way he does?

At the end of days and in many biblical stories of the past, God is overcome by evil and responds with evil while telling us we should respond with good.

Which example should we follow; what God says or what God does?

I think that if God is saying, --- do as I say and not as I do, ---- that that is an immoral example that only a satanic demiurge would say. Yet it appears that that is what God is saying.

Should we follow God, --- or his advice and WORD?

They are not the same. One is good the other evil.

Regards
DL
Sam
Re: Does God follow his WORD? Or is it --- do as I say and not as I do?
March 03, 2015 05:48PM
No one here believes in gods. Try the theology board.
March 04, 2015 02:35AM
God does seem pretty evil in a lot of the Bible. He certainly couldn't mean for us to do as He does.

April 05, 2015 04:52AM
Somewhat some of the reason why God really is good and not bad like some people claim he is.
A man operating a machine that takes years of training to operate and tons of brain power will not let a normal person, as intelligent as a chimp compared to his own genius, touch the scientific wonder.

The reason why some things in the universe happen and others don't is based on this principle. God has the knowledge to keep things running in a moral operation. See how tragic a fate it would be for Grandma Doris to die when she falls and breaks her hip. She gave thousands of dollars over her life to charity, people who were homeless could get back on their feet, the hungry could eat, and some could have life saving surgery because of what she did.

In another time line, she survives the fall that breaks her hip, becomes bitter, hates God and poisons her grand kids.

In yet another time line, she just dies in her sleep and doesn't hurt herself at all by falling.

If she dies after a life of charity and good deeds, she gets quite a sweet deal in Heaven, a gorgeous Mansion in Heaven with a butler and a lot of servants, indoor swimming pool, etcetera.

If she dies after suffering, she gets an even much sweeter deal, owning a gorgeous Mansion in Heaven and VIP status for clubs Moses, the Apostle Peter and Jesus all go to.

However if she survives the fall and breaks her hip, becomes bitter and poisons her grand kids, she gets a large, comfy, but one story home, nowhere near Mansion size. No maids, not butler, no VIP status, no indoor swimming pool. Her grandkids get to live in her super Mansion with the VIP status for clubbing with Moses, Peter and Jesus, not her.

God might have decided to let her fall and break her hip to experience a temporary suffering, and then the best Paradise in Heaven for her own good. See?
April 05, 2015 05:55AM
So the moral of the story, if I've got this thing right, is that if we love our grandchildren then we should poison them so that they can live with Muhammad and Jesus in a heavenly Playboy club?
April 05, 2015 06:28AM
My good sir why must you be such a Dick?

April 06, 2015 04:38PM
"So the moral of the story, if I've got this thing right, is that if we love our grandchildren then we should poison them so that they can live with Muhammad and Jesus in a heavenly Playboy club?" -Dick

Your ability to accurately summarise the precise meaning and intent behind anything that anyone ever says is an astounding thing to behold.

April 06, 2015 07:33PM
+1.

The man's logic is off the charts.
April 07, 2015 01:26AM
Sorry sj, but unlike you and the last 2 posters I try to live I reality.
April 07, 2015 04:21PM
...to which your quote I posted above certainly attests.

eye rolling smiley

April 07, 2015 11:45PM
Why? Some of us want better for our grandkids than we have it. I guess you and Windy don't. Figures.
April 08, 2015 01:14AM
Oh. I see. Well okay then. Go ahead and poison your grandkids if you really think it's best for them in the reality you live in.

April 08, 2015 06:37PM
No, I'm pretty sure you don't see. Why on earth would I poison the grandkids that I love???

You see unlike yourself I know that gods don't exist. You, with your misguided sense of what it means to be tolerant, might have to take this crap seriously, but I don't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!