Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Housewife in 1956 volunteers to take LSD for government experiment....

Posted by Ponderer 
Housewife in 1956 volunteers to take LSD for government experiment....
February 26, 2015 05:52AM
What happens when an ordinary woman takes LSD for the first time as a government experiment? She begins having one of the most profound spiritual experiences one could have.

Let’s take a look............
eye popping smiley

Re: Housewife in 1956 volunteers to take LSD for government experiment....
February 26, 2015 05:55AM
It's been so long since I've done it. I did acid maybe four or five times back in my 20's. Mushrooms a few more times than that. I can really relate to how hard it was for her to describe what she was seeing/hearing/feeling. Like... how do you describe your surroundings while in the fourth dimension to those who are still only in the third?

February 26, 2015 07:13AM
I thought you said before that you never had visions from acid.

I took acid for the first time in 10+ years a few weeks ago. It was a really nice head space. Unfortunately 1 tab wasn't nearly enough to make it as visual as I'd have liked, but it felt in a sense like waking up from a slumber.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
February 26, 2015 01:20PM
Best line, toward the end: "I wish I could talk in technicolor." Yup, that's about right. We all probably have times, drugged up or not, when we wish we could talk in technicolor, or talk in five dimensions, or talk inside-out.

I dropped seven times in my mid-twenties. Each time, right around the two hour mark, I would get quiet for awhile, and then I would get excited and exclaim that I had it, this time I really had it, and I was now going to explain the universe. My friends would groan and say, "Oh, here we go again." Lol ... good times! My only regret is that I never tape-recorded what I said.
February 26, 2015 02:18PM
Navy2711
Best line, toward the end: "I wish I could talk in technicolor." Yup, that's about right. We all probably have times, drugged up or not, when we wish we could talk in technicolor, or talk in five dimensions, or talk inside-out.

I dropped seven times in my mid-twenties. Each time, right around the two hour mark, I would get quiet for awhile, and then I would get excited and exclaim that I had it, this time I really had it, and I was now going to explain the universe. My friends would groan and say, "Oh, here we go again." Lol ... good times! My only regret is that I never tape-recorded what I said.

It would probably be completely incomprehensible if you had, best to remember it how you experienced it.

Christ... in my first year at University I took a tonne of mushrooms on my birthday night, and was still awake in the morning. I loved my lectures on aesthetics and despite my friends telling me it was stupid, went into the college and attended it, not hallucinating any more but still very much off it.

All was well until the seminar section afterwards where the class debated the topics from the lecture.

To this day, I have no idea what I actually said, but I know I started talking near the beginning of the seminar and when I came to I was still talking, the hour session had about 15 minutes left on it, and the entire class was staring at me with their mouths open.
February 26, 2015 04:53PM
Kai, I never hallucinated and saw things that weren't there. Again, it's hard to convey exactly what I was experiencing and sensing. It's not that I saw things differently so much as I was perceiving them from a completely different perspective.

February 26, 2015 07:45PM
Two things that are a lot of fun while tripping - because both jack up the adrenaline and heighten your awareness even more...

1) Nitrous.

2) Dealing with cops.

Be sure to handle both with care, however.
February 26, 2015 09:01PM
"Kai, I never hallucinated and saw things that weren't there. Again, it's hard to convey exactly what I was experiencing and sensing. It's not that I saw things differently so much as I was perceiving them from a completely different perspective."

I understand that was much like my last acid trip actually. There was a bit of visual stuff going on, but hardly at all, mostly it was just the head space and different perspectives.

I had this idea that I couldn't get out of my mind that the university library facade should be painted. That's how I knew that the trip had started.

Thethorn: Interesting did anyone tell you what you'd said in that class?

Indy: Like the nitrous idea. I think I heard it once before from someone else, but can't remember exactly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 26, 2015 09:40PM
Kairos
Thethorn: Interesting did anyone tell you what you'd said in that class?

Indy: Like the nitrous idea. I think I heard it once before from someone else, but can't remember exactly.

My friends didn't come in with me and I decided I just didn't want to know enough to ask acquaintances.
February 26, 2015 10:21PM
I'd want to know! hehe

February 27, 2015 04:47AM
You might have heard it from me, K. It basically shoots you up a lot higher for a couple minutes - you lose contact with everything. Just tread carefully if you try it though - one time it turned a great trip upside down on me.
February 27, 2015 06:28AM
I'm sure I did hear it from you on an old board, but I think I also heard it from a head named Dan half a lifetime ago.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!