Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Towards a constructive and meaningful conversation on the fundamental nature of the universe

Posted by TheThorn 
Re: Towards a constructive and meaningful conversation on the fundamental nature of the universe
March 21, 2015 01:41AM
tuk22
Lol I can't believe you actually think the god = fairies argument is convincing... It's so stupid...

I agree. The proposed existence of a god is completely off the chain. But what is one to do? Most of the world believe that some version or other of one exists and are willing to promote hate and even perpetrate heinous crimes in its name! Unlike a seriously confused person (read: agnostic) I take this very seriously.
lol you take this seriously? Lol

Dick and I say this with all seriousness you can't think freely when you are blinded by hatred. That's not being objective.
Re: Towards a constructive and meaningful conversation on the fundamental nature of the universe
March 21, 2015 11:52PM
Not that I'm blinded with hatred, but even were I, I could still think clearly. You can think clearly no matter how emotional you are. The trick is to account for the emotion as much as possible.

It's like in science . . . some people imagine that the best scientists are cold, bloodless Mr. Spock types. But while some of those people no doubt are great scientists, some people with enormous passion and feeling for what they do are also great scientists. It's just a matter of understanding that you are biased (and in case you haven't figured it out yet, we're ALL biased) and then to try your dead level best to account for that bias as much as is humanly possible.

Frankly, I'm a little surprised that you believe the killing thousands and thousands of innocent people or the impeding of legitimate scientific research on the basis of bronze age religiosity isn't a thing to be taken seriously.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!