Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The day the sun danced in the sky.

Posted by Dick 
Re: The day the sun danced in the sky.
February 20, 2015 09:52PM
What a bunch of nonsense. Your brain is quite addled...

God = Theology, a central branch of metaphysics.

Fairy = A particular mythological character.
Sam
February 20, 2015 09:56PM
Both made up out of the thinnest of air.
February 20, 2015 10:06PM
Predictable.

Your belief that you live in a world absent of God is a metaphysical belief.
Sam
February 20, 2015 10:19PM
So? It's pretty useful for living in the real world. Of what use is your belief you can choose not to believe @#$%&? lol
February 20, 2015 10:23PM
So? Then you must acknowledge that your atheist belief is only faith. If you want to continue to be rational stop believing that nonsense...

Will you finally admit the truth or will you continue to pretend to be ignorant?
Sam
February 20, 2015 10:28PM
Agnogs pretend to be ignorant. You are proud of it, too! I humor you and indulge your childish imaginings.
Sam
February 20, 2015 10:34PM
Let's see if you can imagine this scenario. You are born just as you were but with no mention of any gods around you. Ever. You've never heard of such a thing. When you start developing your critical thinking skills and learn how to figure things out for yourself, all of sudden one day you find a bible. What do you think? Do you think you should believe there is any sort of godthing based what you read there? Someone veryvery ignorant invented some god which evolved into your God and godthings. Why do rational thinkers have to start with the possible existence of your favorite Thing and prove it's not there in order to be considered rational? I truly think you are rationalizing your belief in, if not the probability, the possibility someThing exists. You seem veryvery irrational to me. Unstable up on that rickety fence, too.
February 20, 2015 10:37PM
Can't have both Sam that cognitive dissonance is creeping up in that brain of yours...

Right now your belief we live in a world absent of God = the belief in the existence of fairies...

Your argument btw not mine...
February 20, 2015 10:44PM
I seem very irrational to you? Nothing causes me more anxiety than inconsistent thoughts. I have quite a well thought out system... I also challenge people to poke holes, I would quickly adapt... I'm not scared to learn new things...
Sam
February 20, 2015 11:10PM
All you are doing is saying all belief is irrational. That is a meaningless thing to say.
February 20, 2015 11:23PM
Not even close. A rational belief is a belief based on logical proof or material evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2015 11:24PM by tuk22.
Sam
February 20, 2015 11:37PM
AND, for me, the absence of material evidence.
February 21, 2015 12:03AM
That is faith-based nonsense... you'll have a hard time convincing a rational person your absence of evidence rule is hard and fast...
Sam
February 21, 2015 02:10AM
It's hard enough for me. It's fast enough for me. And doggone it, I like it. Call your thing a god, call my thing a faith, I don't care. I'm as about as rational as I can be and you will never convince me otherwise. I'll let you convince Dick and then Dick can translate to me. Would that help? I don't enjoy masturbating to other people's fantasies.
February 21, 2015 05:20AM
Your contradicting yourself not pleasuring yourself
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!