Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The day the sun danced in the sky.

Posted by Dick 
Re: The day the sun danced in the sky.
February 15, 2015 02:12AM
You are so invested in religious concepts. Theology includes both natural theology and what religionists call 'revealed' theology
February 15, 2015 02:15AM
It seems as if we all agree that thousands of people can be entirely mistaken about what they sincerely believe they saw. Anyone disagree with this?

Good stuff, Indy. I agree that there are lots of much more probable explanations, both physical and psychological, for the event than something so improbable as it's being caused by a being or beings that we don't even know with high probability exist.
February 15, 2015 02:23AM
tuk22
No Dick you are assuming God and the universe as separate entities. Seriously there is no theory, experimental or theoretical that conflicts with Theology.

You've said this before and it's still trivial. There are many, many fictitious concepts and beings which are perfectly consistent with all physical law. This, however, is not the slightest evidence that those concepts are true or that those beings exist.

This is the reason that coherency is necessary but not sufficient for truth.
February 15, 2015 02:34AM
You misunderstand what this equation implies. It implies that the universe itself is foundational. It is in no need of a foundation because it stands alone. If a god of some kind were to exist, that God would be just another thing IN the universe. She would not stand apart from it.

No it suggests a hypothetical reality that is named a graviton is an elementary particle. IOW an undetectable eternal being (ontological being people) is the foundation of the universe.

What did I say was the simplest metaphysical explanation to account for all reality?

Shouldn't we be listening more to tuk? Lol
February 15, 2015 02:38AM
Again if metaphysics is trivial be consistent and stop claiming we live in a world absent of God
February 15, 2015 02:50AM
tuk22
Again if metaphysics is trivial be consistent and stop claiming we live in a world absent of God

What leads you to believe I'm making a metaphysical claim?
February 15, 2015 03:07AM
Good question. You make a metaphysical claim every time you say that it's improbable that God exists. That statement implies you know how the world actually is and further implies a different atheistic metaphysical concept. You are far from just stating "you are without belief in God". You assume to hold special knowledge of the foundation of the universe.

It can be tricky if you have a very particular God concept stuck in your head that you can't shake.

What is God at it's basic understanding? An eternal foundational being that accounts for the universe. A higher power. An unspecified 'something' that is foundational to law, both logical and physical, and material reality.
Sam
February 15, 2015 03:58AM
What is the difference between something that can have no qualities which make it detectable and something that does not exist? No diff. The godthing has no qualities which make it detectable, therefore, it probably does not exist. In fact, it is impossible for it to exist because existent things by definition have detectable qualities.

Nobody cares about theology except believers who need to find a way to justify their belief in improbable/impossible beings.
February 15, 2015 05:38AM
We have observed only 4% of the universe... Aliens, dark matter, gravitons... All undetectable.

You can't have something be impossible and improbable...

And I think it's obvious people are interested in Theology...
Sam
February 15, 2015 06:34AM
[hubblesite.org]

Aliens, dark matter and gravitons, ohmy! Some may not have been detected yet, true, but they still have qualities that are detectable and the probabilities for their existence is much higher than zero if you can follow the math. Name one quality of godthing that might be detectable. Warm fuzzy feelings when you're on your knees beside your bed don't count.

[lovegod.wordpress.com]

Oh, these types do love their possible realities where godthings are crammed into real science. Makes me lmao...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2015 07:22AM by Sam.
February 15, 2015 08:44AM
String theory and multiple universes... Sam what does it feel like to be so wrong so often? Not warm and fuzzy I bet... Bitter and flustered?

What's the probability that multiple universes exist? 42.7%?
Sam
February 15, 2015 03:53PM
Since you didn't address what I posted, I'm guessing it is you who is bitter and flustered, lol. I bet you talk to the godthing, don't you? Don't lie. hehe
Sam
February 15, 2015 06:10PM
Re: "What is God at it's basic understanding? An eternal foundational being that accounts for the universe. A higher power. An unspecified 'something' that is foundational to law, both logical and physical, and material reality."

Why should anyone EVER believe this godthing even POSSIBLY exists?
February 15, 2015 08:11PM
20% chance we're all sims.
February 15, 2015 10:18PM
Ugh you can't even see when you contradict yourself. It's like you are googling random atheist responses from the internet and copy/pasting whatever you think is relevant...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!