Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is Anything "Impossible"?

Posted by Ponderer 
Sam
Re: Is Anything "Impossible"?
February 07, 2015 04:05AM
Indy logic: Sam is a maid (lie) because she is not logical. Lmao!
February 07, 2015 06:25AM
Sam
As usual Indy has to put others down and lie to make himself feel superior. Classic narcissist. Even a maid can see how sad that is. sad smiley

We're on the philosophy board - remember? There are rules as to what is possible or impossible and logic dictates the only way you could see what the maid sees is if you are the maid.

Stepped in your own logic that time, Hazel. smoking smiley
Sam
February 07, 2015 08:08AM
Or if I'm in the same chat room. Logic. I know it's hard but keep trying and maybe you'll get it some day.
February 07, 2015 08:58AM
There's no need to be ashamed of your... ahem... "profession", Hazel. Or failing at your own logic game... not exactly the first big failure in your life. eye rolling smiley
Sam
February 07, 2015 04:33PM
What a sad, ugly, predictable little man. I bet he needs to have the last word, too. Probably (not possibly) more than one. Watch.
February 07, 2015 06:16PM
Gotta say... cheap shot, Indy!, bringing up an irrelevancy like Sam's profession just to make a personal attack.

Sam
February 07, 2015 07:08PM
Plus I'm not a maid so he even has to lie to try to get my goat. He thought he insulted me but instead shows his true feelings about a whole industry of people who pick up after lazy assholes who won't do it for themselves. He probably even had/has a maid, lol. Anyway, for the record, I am a retired social worker with a very successful career under my belt who, in my old age, is now a caregiver to a woman who is in a coma. I take care of all her mundane needs as well as keep her alive by administering her meds and maintaining the wellness of her tracheostomy opening in her throat and feeding tube stoma in her belly. I also wipe her ass so Indy is right about that but to characterize my whole job with that one duty screams volumes about his own feelings of failure, lol. I wonder if Indy's maid wiped his ass? Weird. Nice to see someone from his team notice his silly and ohso sad antics.
February 07, 2015 08:12PM
Good for you Sam
February 07, 2015 10:06PM
Ponderer
Seriously. Can anything be said to be impossible? Or are we logically or philosophically not allowed to ever use the word in reference to anything?

Yes, some things are impossible. However, no matter how ludicrous an example of impossibility you can come up with, there will be someone, somewhere who would be willing believe it's possible.
February 07, 2015 10:32PM
Ponderer
Gotta say... cheap shot, Indy!, bringing up an irrelevancy like Sam's profession just to make a personal attack.

Surprised you're falling for this routine, Pondy. Especially after what we all saw her do to Maddie. You honestly think Hazel here is some innocent, sweet old lady who never hits below the belt? Please. That's her stock in trade. She likes to poke and prod and pick and until she gets a reaction - and then hopefully somebody runs to her defense so she can play the innocent victim. That's who she is, that's what she does. I don't take the first cheap shot - but I do return those aimed in my direction (Tuk certainly knows that). I've actually been nice about it - refusing to bring it down to the level she's playing.

Bottom line? No Pondy - if you're trying to shame me or something - it's not working. Hazel is an open book and Indy is merely reading the first chapter aloud.
February 07, 2015 11:07PM
Good lord, Ponderer called out Indy. Indeed, anything is possible.

My two cents: Although Indy may have intended his comments as a cheap shot, they're only insulting if Sam or anyone else takes them that way. There's simply nothing to be insulted about. Health care aides provide an invaluable service, and it's a shame they're paid as little as they do. (Just like emergency workers and social workers. Society can't do without them, and we pay them sh*t.)

I used to work for a home health care company. I think I gave a nervous giggle when one of the aides told me that she regularly goes to an old man's house, put on a rubber glove, and anally stimulates him so he can have a bowel movement. I joked that he was only claiming he needed the service so a pretty young aide would keep showing up at his house. I wound up meeting that patient later on and there was no more laughing. This guy told me, while near tears, how thankful he was for the service they were providing. He felt embarrassed that he was in that situation, but without the help his system would become septic and he would get seriously sick, if not die.

There are thousands of health care professionals who put aside their distaste for certain body parts or functions to take care of people who need it. If Indy thinks he's above any or all of those people, f*ck him. And f*ck anyone who thinks they're above anyone else because of their profession.
Sam
February 07, 2015 11:27PM
Thx for the support of my profession, people. I don't do it for the money but people like Indy don't really understand things like that.
February 08, 2015 12:48AM
I'm not trying to shame you, Indy!. I'm just calling it as I see it. Perhaps, as others here seem to believe, I have been lax in the past in doing so when it comes to you. And no, I don't think Sam is Miss All Innocent blah blah blah. I know how she can be sometimes. If you want to fight fire with fire, go right ahead. But a cheap shot is still a cheap shot. If you're called on it, you just need to deal with it and maybe reflect on why you needed to take it. Don't kill the messenger.

February 08, 2015 01:08AM
Pondy: As stated, I don't take the first shot. Never have. I also don't sit back and let assholes fire away at me. When it comes to Hazel here - I have been more than accommodating, imho. She is aiming far lower than I am and I let her get away with plenty. But quite frankly, she's swinging so wildly there's no need for me to take it to the personal level she takes it in virtually every post. So I hear what you're saying - but if you are "calling it as you see it" - I think you're only looking in one direction. That's not killing the messenger - that's an honest assessment.

Navy: Should anyone be surprised that - as usual - you have a personal... ahem... "story" ready for the situation at hand? Probably no more surprising than you running to the defense of anyone tangling with me. Hey - who can blame you? Gives you an excuse to say "fvck Indy" again. Honestly... I think you deserve that considering all the time you spend trolling the board looking for the opportunity. smiling smiley

Hazel: You're caught between a rock and a hard place here with your job... if you're "not doing it for the money" as you claim - then you must be doing it to help the less fortunate (certainly laudable). However, if that were the case - you wouldn't need to look for sympathy from me or anyone else. Your reward would come from your service... obviously. But hey - look on the bright side - at least Navy bought your bullsh!t. smoking smiley
February 08, 2015 02:47AM
Navy bought it, Ponderer bought it, Tuk bought it, and I buy it. You seem to be the outlier here, Indy.
February 08, 2015 02:56AM
Lot of people paid to see the Twilight movies too, Dick.
Sam
February 08, 2015 06:43PM
She's my cousin. I don't need anything from anyone. Just setting the record straight in case someone believes your desperate lies, Indy. What blow was soooo low you can't deal with it without this kind of personal attack? Saying you agnogs don't understand certain things about logic? Wow. Butthurt much?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2015 07:09PM by Sam.
February 08, 2015 09:23PM
Hazel, your attacks are so far off base and so far from reality - none of them hurt. That doesn't mean I'm going to continue letting you - or anyone else - take free shots at me. I am also not concerned with a god's existence or nonexistence or anything else in that regard. My life - unlike yours - doesn't center around that question and the need for everyone else to agree with me. Believe whatever you want to believe for both yourself and for me in that regard - whatever makes you feel comfortable with your problem.
Sam
February 09, 2015 12:42AM
Just as I thought. The low blow thing was also a lie.
February 09, 2015 12:52AM
Funny. I used to think maybe you had a couple semesters of psychology at some unaccredited community college or a "school" you found on the back of a matchbook. Now I'm thinking it's far more likely you read a psyche book at one time and didn't understand a word of it - but you're under the mistaken impression you did. Cuz if that's the best you got - I suggest you read it again. S...l...o...w...l...y... this time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!