Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is Anything "Impossible"?

Posted by Ponderer 
Sam
Re: Is Anything "Impossible"?
February 09, 2015 01:14AM
Does your butt really still hurt? Tell your maid to wipe it a little more gently.
February 09, 2015 02:44AM
Also funny. If I didn't know better I would swear you are showing your "true feelings about a whole industry of people who pick up after lazy assholes who won't do it for themselves."

Open book. Matter of fact... an E-Z Reader book. Big fat, extra large text. smoking smiley
Sam
February 09, 2015 04:09AM
Just trying to experience Indy's world. It's scary there. No wonder you are so prickly.
February 09, 2015 07:23AM
Of course. It's not like those are your words, right? smoking smiley
February 09, 2015 10:59AM
Indy wrote: I am also not concerned with a god's existence or nonexistence or anything else in that regard.

Just curious but why do you never fail to post in those threads? You may not be "concerned" with that question but is it fair to say that you are extremely interested in it?
Sam
February 09, 2015 03:51PM
Indy's only interest is in Indy and who he can projectile vomit his deep insecurities and proud know-nothingness upon, lol.
February 09, 2015 09:21PM
Nope - that would not be a fair assessment, Dick. First off, your belief that I "never fail" to post in these threads is probably wrong (I don't know for sure) - but I certainly do not participate in the manner your blanket statement suggests. First off, I comment on a lot of things posted on the board for reasons other than having a personal interest (much less an "extreme" interest - whatever that means). It's no different than watching a movie out of curiosity as opposed to actually being interested in the subject matter (except it takes a lot less time and effort). Secondly - and I think you might agree with me here - no one could possibly keep up with some posters' desperate desire for personal validation in regards to their spurious beliefs in regards to god(s) due to the sheer volume of (repetitive) posts they produce on this subject. The third reason I think is obvious - it's fun watching these same posters, with their huge egos build up a ridiculously large theory based on nothing but big, fat, empty conjecture so I can then stick a pin in their super-inflated assinine nonsense and watch it burst.
Sam
February 09, 2015 09:35PM
Indy has some real size issues going on. Too big in some places, too small in others I surmise. Instead of much needed therapy it gets wiped all over the place here. Hard to read sometimes.
February 09, 2015 11:07PM
Yes - hard for some to read... obviously. smoking smiley
Sam
February 09, 2015 11:34PM
My queendom for a P.U. smiley...
February 10, 2015 12:12AM
Word.
February 21, 2015 08:40PM
Navy I am new to this discussion board and I am wondering Why do you think that everyone who believes in ET visitors Thinks all those crrazy things? I believe it ET visitation and I do not believe in all those crazy things. I believe that some are a possibility but I don't know and neither do you.
February 21, 2015 08:51PM
Welcome aboard, byt the way, latch33534! Feel free to make yourself at home. We can always use some new blood around here.

February 21, 2015 10:08PM
latch33534
Navy I am new to this discussion board and I am wondering Why do you think that everyone who believes in ET visitors Thinks all those crrazy things? I believe it ET visitation and I do not believe in all those crazy things. I believe that some are a possibility but I don't know and neither do you.

Because it's the lazy argument against the idea. You'll soon find the naysayers attaching every tinfoil hat idea to you now that you've admitted to an interest in ETs.
February 21, 2015 11:43PM
Latch,

"Navy I am new to this discussion board and I am wondering Why do you think that everyone who believes in ET visitors Thinks all those crrazy things? I believe it ET visitation and I do not believe in all those crazy things. I believe that some are a possibility but I don't know and neither do you."

1. Not sure which crazy things you're talking about, but regardless ...

2. I recognized some time ago that there is not currently, nor do I believe there is the potential for, an honest discussion regarding the UFO phenomenon on this board. Take the things I say with a grain of salt — most of them are just to push buttons. If it turns out that you're rational and open-minded, then I will look forward to discussing the topic with you, sans craziness.
February 22, 2015 08:39PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2015 08:41PM by Indy!.
March 01, 2015 11:48PM
Resolved: The existence of anything is known as either necessarily nonexistent, necessarily existent, or contingent.

A ) Logical contradictions cannot exist. They are false/ nonexistent beyond any doubt, even hyperbolic doubt. The world cannot be structured in such a way that their truth/ existence is possible. We KNOW with absolute certainty that these things are false/ nonexistent.

B ) Necessary beings, tautologies, and the like are infallibly true/existent beyond any and all doubt. They world cannot be structured in such a way that they fail to be true/ exist. We KNOW with absolute certainty that these things are true/existent.

C ) For everything else, knowledge of existence is always contingent, only more or less probable, depending on evidence, never certain either way.

Some things in category C include:

Me and you, dear selectsmart discussion board reader, exist beyond practical doubt although, perhaps, not beyond any doubt.

ET life, IMO, almost certainly exists given what we know about life and the universe. Although the existence of ET life is pretty safe bet, it's still not known, even if it is rational to believe that it exists.

ET intelligent life is a dicier proposition, but IMO it too has a very high probability of existence even if it may be exceedingly rare, even as rare as averaging one planet with intelligent life per galaxy at any given time. To sum up: not known, but rational to believe it.

Gods? No. Sorry. No evidence. Unless you can make the case that God is a necessary being, then it's a matter of evidence and the evidence just isn't there.
Sam
March 02, 2015 12:57AM
If they can't understand that then we might as well burn this board to the ground.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!