Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Moral Wisdom

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Moral Wisdom
February 05, 2015 06:53PM
Builders love low-cost housing; the general community hates it because it lowers their property values
February 05, 2015 06:56PM
See Pondy face palm there are even cheaper housing projects available very much economy sized, one bedroom with everything needed...
February 05, 2015 07:24PM
Medicade doesn't cover everything.
February 05, 2015 07:25PM
Historically the free market has chosen slavery because that generates the most profits.
February 05, 2015 07:29PM
TUK
Islander nice defense of the nanny state. Liberals think they know best!

So you're just trolling. Got it! winking smiley
February 05, 2015 07:31PM
Horns QMB covers everything medically necessary. There are different levels.
February 05, 2015 07:31PM
Okay - you're the expert on that.

I suspect, though, that "medically necessary" isn't always cut and dried.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2015 07:32PM by Hornswoggle.
February 06, 2015 01:35AM
It's very cut/dry... Full Medicaid is income/asset based so one can be above the threshold and only receive partial financial assistance
February 06, 2015 02:04AM
Islander what else can I say when you claim libertarians are generally ignorant of human behavior and tend not to be charitable? I guess we need a nanny!
February 06, 2015 02:14AM
[www.lp.org]

Here is the platform... I do agree we all seem to have different opinions on how much government involvement there should be on any particular issue... I would guess the majority of libertarians would think I'm too favorable with government involvement in some issues... I do favor this political philosophy over liberalism and conservatism
February 06, 2015 05:44PM
Tuk wrote;
Islander what else can I say when you claim libertarians are generally ignorant of human behavior and tend not to be charitable? I guess we need a nanny!

What else can you say? You could quote me rather than making false assertions about what I "claimed"----I don't care to waste my time here in a thread where the thoughts I post are mischaracterized and simply used for trolling.
February 07, 2015 12:58AM
IMO, the liberals are just more pragmatic while the libertarians are more idealistic.

IOW liberals have practical solutions and libertarians think wishfully.

The libertarians, I think, are closer to the voluntaryists in this regard. Voluntaryism is the next step after graduating from libertarianism. They carry the ideals even further.

Implying voluntaryists take action; libertarians often do not...

But as with most such ideologies, although the ideals are great in the abstract, they fail to adequately take into account how human beings actually behave.

Implying libertarians are ignorant of human behavior.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!