Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

At last a Pope who Thinks Like Me

Posted by madmadmadonna 
At last a Pope who Thinks Like Me
November 02, 2014 05:01PM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

I've never felt that evolution conflicts with God's creations - I always believed God facilitated evolution. I think I've said this before on this very forum.

Maddie
Re: At last a Pope who Thinks Like Me
November 02, 2014 05:14PM
You are certainly not alone, Maddie. I'm sure a lot of religious people are encouraged and happy that this pope has decided to bring the Catholic church into at least the 19th century.

November 02, 2014 07:33PM
The Church has to keep things in line with science or they lose credibility.
November 03, 2014 04:04AM
I really like this pope, too.

But then there's this:

Casting Out Demons: Pope Francis Declares Support for Exorcisms [www.msn.com]

eye rolling smiley
November 03, 2014 09:41AM
More evidence the pope is the anti-christ.

Just kidding. tongue sticking out smiley

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
pb
November 04, 2014 03:56PM
Indy!
The Church has to keep things in line with science or they lose credibility.

Ah!

A person with blind faith in the all sufficiency of the scientific method!¡!¡!!!!
November 05, 2014 12:07AM
Who's that, Foghorn? I don't have "blind faith" but I do recognize religion has never been correct about anything. At least science usually gets it right.
November 05, 2014 02:49AM
Science is wonderful for figuring out electronics or doing medicine and stuff. You can count on it when you're using natural laws for all sorts of purposes. You just can't use it for things like... oh... life on Earth. Science is utterly impotent and useless when it comes to that subject since the Bible already gave us the Final Word on how life got to where it is now from its earliest beginnings a few thousand years ago.

You can use science to make a particle accelerator and create nuclear fission, but just don't go trying to assert that bones found in the ground mean anything that science can figure out. They were obviously deposited there during Noah's Flood. Case closed. End of story. Bible:1, Science:0.

November 05, 2014 09:44PM
True... as long as we're not talking about the bones that were surreptitiously placed there by archeologists trying to justify their preposterous dinosaur theories and bloated government grants.
November 06, 2014 06:59AM
And the very fact that all scientific evidence points to and supports evolution as being a blatant fact while absolutely no evidence whatsoever supports a Genesis version of the development of life on Earth only stands as obvious proof that Satan must be responsible for science and evolution and the evidence that supports it.

Bible : 2
Science : 0

November 06, 2014 07:21AM
That would certainly explain the disparities between the two camps to most people's satisfaction. I think you're onto something, Pondy.

[www.youtube.com]
November 07, 2014 04:11PM
November 08, 2014 07:36PM
That's the largest can of Bud I've ever seen.
November 09, 2014 12:03AM
Hey Mads out of interest apparently the islanders on Socotra claimed up to the Middle Ages that they had been converted to Christianity by St. Thomas on the way to Kerala. When the Portuguese explorers arrived there were they found crosses on the island and stories of the earlier Christians there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 11, 2014 03:37PM
. . .

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:02PM by Nemo.
November 12, 2014 11:37AM
Check out the film The Hawks and the Sparrows by Pasolini. Its satirical and based on this episode.

November 12, 2014 04:55PM
. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:03PM by Nemo.
November 13, 2014 07:14AM
November 13, 2014 04:39PM
. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2015 05:02PM by Nemo.
December 06, 2014 08:17AM
Sister Moonshine [www.youtube.com]

This is the song that turned me into a Supertramp fan. They hit super big with their next album, Breakfast in America.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!