Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Share

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 27, 2014 06:21PM
You guys keep trying to change the argument. It's not about what I think when it comes to abortion or personhood or DS babies.
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 27, 2014 06:26PM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You guys keep trying to change the argument. It's
> not about what I think when it comes to abortion
> or personhood or DS babies.

If you say something which needs to be contested, you shall be contested. That's what a discussion board is for

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 27, 2014 10:29PM
True. However I have never commented one way or the other on what I think about abortion or terminating DS babies. You two are simply jumping to your own conclusions based on your own beliefs. That's Tuk's specialty (OH! You should have ignored that one, Tuk!)


smiling smiley
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 27, 2014 10:58PM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> True. However I have never commented one way or
> the other on what I think about abortion or
> terminating DS babies. You two are simply jumping
> to your own conclusions based on your own beliefs.
> That's Tuk's specialty (OH! You should have
> ignored that one, Tuk!)
>
>
> smiling smiley

Wait a minute. You stated a very clear opinion on what personhood means for you. I contested only THAT point and gave my opinion on that. Let's not waltz around that.

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 09:45PM
The difference is I am not applying MY definition of personhood to the situation at hand. It is not affecting my position on what Dawkins said - the original point.

If you want to discuss my position on personhood as opposed to yours - that's a whole different argument on which I don't think we disagree as much as you believe. The fetus that is "kicking, burping, farting" inside you may very well be viable outside the womb as well by that point. The only difference? It's not outside the womb.
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 09:49PM
You stated in very clear terms what your views are on personhood - that the fetus can be considered a person only after it comes out of the womb. Thereby it has no life of value whilst inside the womb, and so it's okay to kill it off.

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 09:59PM
Maddie, something that isn't a person automatically has no value...?

Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 10:06PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maddie, something that isn't a person
> automatically has no value...?

Did I say that?

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 10:25PM
My bad. The small print threw me.

Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 29, 2014 11:54PM
Well again - like Dick, Navy, Tuk, et al... you're jumping to an erroneous conclusion based on your own feelings on the subject. Here is my quote...


"Personhood - A fetus is viable when it can live outside the womb..."

Just because it is still IN the womb does not mean it cannot survive OUTSIDE of the womb. We know this from actual events - plenty of pregnant women have died for whatever reason and their children extracted by doctors at the hospital because they are already viable.
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 30, 2014 06:13AM
Indy: "Personhood - A fetus is viable when it can live outside the womb. It is not a "person" until it is living outside of the womb.

I was contesting your second statement. That it is indeed a person while it is living inside the womb too because it is an active energetic body.

And let's not compare Maddie to Dick, Navy and Tuk. Anyone who contests any nonsense you spout has to be jumping to erroneous conclusions? Because the great Indy can never go wrong.

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 30, 2014 08:10AM
Well at least you got that last sentence right. Here's where you messed up the rest of it...

I am claiming the "person" starts when it is out of the womb. I am NOT claiming it is okay to abort the kicking, biting, farting fetus INSIDE you that would also be viable OUTSIDE of you. Which is directly contradictory to your previous statement...

"Thereby it has no life of value whilst inside the womb, and so it's okay to kill it off."

I never said anything of the sort - nor did I imply it. You (and Tuk and Dick and Navy if they were here too) are jumping to a conclusion that is not supported by anything I've said. You are basing it on YOUR definition of "person" and what YOU think is morally right or wrong.

BTW, it's not "the great Indy" it's... The Great Indy! You have to say it with some panache to get the proper effect. smoking smiley
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 30, 2014 08:19AM
Indy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I am claiming the "person" starts when it is out
> of the womb.

And I am claiming it starts even while it's in the womb.

Maddie
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 30, 2014 03:29PM
Every baby should be aborted. It's the only moral thing to do. DS or no.

============================================================================

*Sanders 2016*

"And these children that you spit on
As they try to change their worlds
Are immune to your consultations
They're quite aware of what they're going through"
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 30, 2014 07:53PM
madmadmadonna Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Indy! Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I am claiming the "person" starts when it is
> out
> > of the womb.
>
> And I am claiming it starts even while it's in the
> womb.


Yes - and we disagree on that point. However, we agree there is some value to the life while still in the womb. That is the part you got wrong (about me) above.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login



Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!