Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...

Posted by tuk22 
Re: Dawkins says it's immoral not to abort DS babies...
August 25, 2014 07:25AM
Does your Christian friend believe all people should choose to abort the fetus?
August 25, 2014 07:28AM
I didn't ask her.
August 25, 2014 07:30AM
Where did Hawkins say that all people should choose to abort the fetus?
August 25, 2014 07:34AM
eye rolling smiley no sheit, but you know she can't justify a moral position that promotes just that... You can't make a rational quality of life argument justifying a moral obligation to abort all DS fetuses... I'm having this same discussion on another board where someone with a DS cousin claims his cousin loves life and is a blessing to his entire family...
August 25, 2014 07:38AM
...Where did Hawkins say that all people should choose to abort the fetus?
August 25, 2014 07:44AM
Quote:
Richard Dawkins ✔ @RichardDawkins
Follow
@InYourFaceNYer Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world if you have the choice
August 25, 2014 07:59AM
How do you know Dawkins doesn't mean it would be immoral because the woman admits she doesn't know what she would do? Obviously she doesn't want to deal with the consequences. She should then bring the child into the world... why, exactly? Because you have a problem with abortion? It would be immoral for any mother to have a child she doesn't want - DS or not.

And your entire "abortion is not..." argument above is based on YOUR beliefs. You can't seem to get past that part.
August 25, 2014 08:11AM
My 'abortion is not' argument is based on current medical coding classifications... If the mother is healthy abortion is an elective procedure...

And how do I know? Context...
August 25, 2014 10:33AM
Tuk is pro-choice -- just as long as no woman actually chooses to have an abortion.

The basic problem here is that tuk, like so many other of the rabid religious, believes that personhood, not just life, begins at that nebulous point called conception.
August 25, 2014 04:20PM
No... I believe it's ridiculous to claim any women is immoral for choosing to bring a DS baby into the world...

I guess Dick must share Dawkins view... thumbs down

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2014 04:53PM by tuk22.
August 25, 2014 07:11PM
I don't have a view on personhood although I should... What is everybody's opinion on it?
August 26, 2014 12:59AM
First off - I wasn't debating the "elective procedure" angle - I was arguing the purpose of that elective surgery. You do not get to decide when, where and why women can use a perfectly legal "elective surgery". That is what freedom means - everyone can decide for themselves. Again - you cannot seem to separate your own moral code from everyone else's. I would agree with Dick's statement that you (most likely) do not believe in abortion. You might begrudgingly agree to one here and there to save a mother's life or in the case of rape perhaps - but generally? You don't believe the right should exist.

Personhood - A fetus is viable when it can live outside the womb. It is not a "person" until it is living outside of the womb.

Very simple. Of course that is my own personal opinion and you are free to have your own very different (or exactly the same) opinion.
August 26, 2014 01:44AM
I don't care what fundy atheists and liberal jackasses assume... When I say I'm pro choice I mean just that... When I say I don't have a concept of personhood other than the obvious definition that's exactly what I mean... You two might have reasons to lie on an anonymous message board; I don't... Your unreasonable assumptions do nothing to strengthen your arguments...

I'm pro choice. It's up to the parents to decide and maybe I'm making a bad judgment here I'm not sure... What I am sure of is there is no moral imperative to abort all DS fetuses... That's insanity...
August 26, 2014 02:04AM
An unconscious pregnant women with no ID is in the ER. The soon to be mother is fitted with a baby monitor and doctors determine the baby needs immediate surgery/care to live... Does the fetus have a right to life and emergency treatment? Is the fetus a patient of the hospital?
August 26, 2014 02:35AM
tuk22 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't care what fundy atheists and liberal
> jackasses assume...

Again with the name calling? As previously noted - easy to see when you're losing a debate - it's always the first line of your incredibly weak defense.

When I say I'm pro choice I
> mean just that...

Of course you are. You believe in a woman's right to choose as long as she chooses to do what you tell her to do.

When I say I don't have a
> concept of personhood other than the obvious
> definition that's exactly what I mean...

The "obvious definition"? As in YOUR definition? You were asked your opinion - you automatically assume YOUR OPINION is the "obvious definition". With every post you prove MY point.

You two
> might have reasons to lie on an anonymous message
> board; I don't...

Lie about what? About being pro-choice? About not being a wingnut? Yes - someone is obviously lying. It aint me.

Your unreasonable assumptions do
> nothing to strengthen your arguments...

Your name calling certainly doesn't help you.
>
> I'm pro choice. It's up to the parents to decide
> and maybe I'm making a bad judgment here I'm not
> sure...

ROFLMAO!!! Even when you're lying your ass off about it you can't commit. If it is the parents' choice as you now laughingly tried to claim - then the parents can choose to abort a DS baby. Can you not follow that simple logic?

What I am sure of is there is no moral
> imperative to abort all DS fetuses... That's
> insanity...

And no one said there was. You - the anti-choice zealot - imagined that declaration that was never stated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!