Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Do you Supporters of the ONE ever Worry About the Fact that...

Posted by pb 
pb
Do you Supporters of the ONE ever Worry About the Fact that...
September 20, 2012 04:15PM
Milt has out-raised the ONE by m-m-m-miillion of dollars and has not spent much of that money. He has boatloads of cash in hand with less than 7 weeks until the election.

More significantly, the GOP PACs have out-raised the Dem PACs by something like three to one and they are being coordinated by the--I don't want to say,evil, but certainly--devious Karl Rove and they've spent very little and have millions upon millions upon millions of dollars still unspent as the election draws near and we all know Rove didn't coordinate the raising of all that money and bring the movers and shakers in the GOP and TP world together just so they could sip cocktails and moan about how bad it is that the ONE is in the White House but not use that money.

Do you ever wonder what's coming?

Can you conceive of the October Surprises? Do you think Rove is not planning some sort of Sock and Awe campaign?

Are you all that naive or are you shivering your timbers?

We know Rove. Don't we?

------------------------------

"...this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." -- the ONE, Billy Joe McAllister Day 2008
HHH
Re: Do you Supporters of the ONE ever Worry About the Fact that...
September 20, 2012 04:44PM
Will Rove be removing Romney from the ticket? That might work.

September 20, 2012 04:44PM
Of course it's possible that Obama could lose. Of course I worry about it. I'm sure at least half the country does. Of course the forces of the Corporatocracy could pull all manner of bullshit if they are dead set on getting Romney elected. I wouldn't put anything imaginable past them.

I simply made a bet, a prediction, and I am sticking to it.

Of course I could end up being wrong. Unlike some I know, I am capable of saying that.

September 20, 2012 04:46PM
Pb: claims to be a "Dem"; thinks Romney will win because he's raised more money.

No amount of fund raising can save Romney from his greatest enemy: Mitt Romney.

============================================================================

Tax the rich & raise minimum wage.
pb
September 20, 2012 05:05PM
HHH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will Rove be removing Romney from the ticket?
> That might work.

All he has to do is convince that the ONE is a buffoon. Easy sell.

"...this was the moment when the rise of the oceans began to slow and our planet began to heal; this was the moment when we ended a war and secured our nation and restored our image as the last, best hope on Earth." -- the ONE, Billy Joe McAllister Day 2008
September 20, 2012 05:05PM
Ever heard of Senator Michael Huffington? Or President Phil Gramm?
pb
September 20, 2012 05:08PM
sardonicadonis Wrote:
> Pb: claims to be a "Dem";

I am a Dem. I am not a demO.

> thinks Romney will win
> because he's raised more money.

No. I think Romney will win because voters will have too much sense to reelect the ONE.

> No amount of fund raising can save Romney from his
> greatest enemy: Mitt Romney.

And, nothing can save the Dems from the ONE who is certainly the worst President since Carter.

September 20, 2012 05:16PM
Bush has already claimed that title.

Romney will gladly take that title, if he can make it to office without shooting himself in the foot (more than he already has)

September 20, 2012 06:35PM
Wow - total lightning strike just now. Your post explains why Romney is fracking up so royally, Foghorn - he's doing it on purpose. Sure - think about it. He's been racking up millions of dollars in donations and somebody obviously told him if he loses he can do whatever he wants with it. Being a good business man - he immediately set out to tank his own campaign so he gets to keep the cash. Don't know why it didn't occur to me before.

PS: And yes we know Rove. He's the guy who hasn't won anything since 2004.
Anonymous User
September 20, 2012 07:00PM
Iindy,
You are onto something! It makes total sense. Mitt Romney is doing a real-life political version of Mel Brooks' The Producers.

Pb,
Have you ever heard the expression a fool and his money are soon parted? Rich people are not necessarily smart people. Not all money is well spent. Having worked for ad agencies in past, and created radio, TV and print advertising for successful state level political campaigns, I know that there is diminishing return on political advertising as the days run out. If Mitt has the money, now is the time to spend it (really, he should have already), he can't wait for people's opinions to set in favor of Obama. Don't believe me? Check RCP polling averages.
September 20, 2012 07:12PM
The more you think about it - the more it makes sense. Romney probably took a quick accounting of how much money he had in his campaign coffers - compared it to the (for him) "measly" $400K the president makes every year - and decided the prudent business decision was to take the "m-m-m-millions" Foghorn alluded to and run. Why bother putting up with all those problems running the country when his campaign has already turned a profit? The man's not stupid.
pb
September 20, 2012 07:54PM
sardonicadonis Wrote:
> Bush has already claimed that title.
>
> Romney will gladly take that title, if he can make
> it to office without shooting himself in the foot
> (more than he already has)

He had. He's been surpassed. In NASCAR speak, the ONE has lapped the field.

pb
September 20, 2012 07:56PM
Indy! Wrote:
> Wow - total lightning strike just now. Your post
> explains why Romney is fracking up so royally,
> Foghorn - he's doing it on purpose. Sure - think
> about it. He's been racking up millions of dollars
> in donations and somebody obviously told him if he
> loses he can do whatever he wants with it. Being a
> good business man - he immediately set out to tank
> his own campaign so he gets to keep the cash.
> Don't know why it didn't occur to me before.
>
> PS: And yes we know Rove. He's the guy who hasn't
> won anything since 2004.

Um, what's he lost since 04?
pb
September 20, 2012 08:02PM
Curt Anderson Wrote:
> Iindy,
> You are onto something! It makes total sense.
> Mitt Romney is doing a real-life political version
> of Mel Brooks' The Producers.
>
> Pb,
> Have you ever heard the expression a fool and his
> money are soon parted? Rich people are not
> necessarily smart people. Not all money is well
> spent. Having worked for ad agencies in past,
> and created radio, TV and print advertising for
> successful state level political campaigns, I know
> that there is diminishing return on political
> advertising as the days run out. If Mitt has the
> money, now is the time to spend it (really, he
> should have already), he can't wait for people's
> opinions to set in favor of Obama. Don't believe
> me? Check RCP polling averages.

What I have checked is the poll samples employed to achieve the RCP average. And, they are extremely unlikely at the very least. Sure, if all the GOPs and indies who voted in 010 forget what day the election is on, the ONE might squeak out a victory. But, I really don't think that will happen.

It is profoundly curious to me, Curt, that Milt and the GOP PACs are holding on to so much money and I don't discount your theory that that don't plan to use it. But, I keep in mind the very real possibility that they have serious plans for it.

What stuns me is that so many TBs such as yourself are discounting the possibility that the GOPs will really try to win in 012.

And, when I monitor Talk Radio and listen to the orgasmic point of view that comes from those guys and gals, I can't help but wonder if they know something that you are discounting as even being possible.

September 20, 2012 08:34PM

The Recent History of Karl Rove...

2006:
Rove had his turdblossom handed to him. He bet everything on the Christians and they let him down as the Ds took control of CONgress.

2008:
Nonfactor. Prostituted himself to Fox as an on-camera "political expert" and desperately plotted one losing electoral strategy after another for McCain while Obama wiped the floor with him on the way to a landslide victory that still haunts Foghorn every living, breathing day of his life.

2010:
Nonfactor. Again stood by while the astroturd Tea Baggers got all the faux glory in a victorious (although later exposed as futile) campaign for the Red Party.

2012:
Trying to get back in a game that has obviously passed him by. While there are enough easily duped donors in the Red Party who are still mesmerized by his (quickly fading) glory from 2004 - his floundering attempts to help Milt in spite of himself make 2006 look like Rove's career crowning achievement.
pb
September 20, 2012 08:40PM
Right. He's been on the sidelines since 04. And, maybe he'll be inept in using the many million--HUNDREDS of them--at his disposal.

So, go ahead. Count on that. You can't do anything about it anyway.

Anonymous User
September 20, 2012 08:43PM
Every time I think about the election process in this country I want to barf. The idea of the USA was a good idea, too bad we fvcked it up. Things that don't last forever don't.

Or as Ghandi said when asked what he thought of Western Civilization he replied "I think it is a good idea"
September 20, 2012 08:44PM
pb Wrote:
> sardonicadonis Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Bush has already claimed that title.
> >
> > Romney will gladly take that title, if he can
> make
> > it to office without shooting himself in the
> foot
> > (more than he already has)
>
> He had. He's been surpassed. In NASCAR speak,
> the ONE has lapped the field.

In pbverse speak:

"noooooop!!"

Obama came in to Bushie Jrs mess. He's done at least enough to move US in the right direction.

pb
September 20, 2012 08:45PM
A.L. Brigade Wrote:
> Every time I think about the election process in
> this country I want to barf. The idea of the USA
> was a good idea, too bad we fvcked it up. Things
> that don't last forever don't.
>
> Or as Ghandi said when asked what he thought of
> Western Civilization he replied "I think it is a
> good idea"

Sounds like you are resigned to the fact that the ONE is going to lose. Good for you. Have the courage to embrace the difficult reality.

pb
September 20, 2012 08:46PM
sardonicadonis Wrote:
> In pbverse speak:
>
> "noooooop!!"
>
> Obama came in to Bushie Jrs mess. He's done at
> least enough to move US in the right direction.

Embrace that subjectivity, there, sardo.

September 20, 2012 08:54PM
Ahhh.... how soon we forget. Especially when it comes to the blackest of our days. Psychologists believe we have a built in defense system that causes our brains to forget those especially traumatic events in our lives. I'm sure that's what's happening with you, Foghorn. 2006 was such a disaster for you and your party that your brain did you a favor and completely wiped those awful memories away. I hate to be the one to remind you - but if I don't... who will?

Rove Offers Republicans A Battle Plan For Elections

By Dan Balz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, January 21, 2006

White House Deputy Chief of Staff Karl Rove offered a biting preview of the 2006 midterm elections yesterday, drawing sharp distinctions with the Democrats over the campaign against terrorism, tax cuts and judicial philosophy, and describing the opposition party as backward-looking and bereft of ideas.

"At the core, we are dealing with two parties that have fundamentally different views on national security," Rove said. "Republicans have a post-9/11 worldview and many Democrats have a pre-9/11 worldview. That doesn't make them unpatriotic -- not at all. But it does make them wrong -- deeply and profoundly and consistently wrong."

Rove spoke at the winter meeting of the Republican National Committee and, with RNC Chairman Ken Mehlman, provided a campaign blueprint for fighting the Democrats. They spoke at the beginning of an important election year in which Republicans are battling historical trends, public unrest over Iraq and a spreading corruption scandal that together threaten to reduce the GOP majorities in the House and the Senate and possibly shift control of one or both chambers to the Democrats.

At a time when Democrats have staked their hopes in large part on the issue of corruption, Rove and Mehlman showed that Republicans plan to contest the elections on themes that have helped expand their majorities under President Bush. They see national security and the vigorous prosecution of the campaign against terrorism at the heart of the GOP appeal to voters.

Rove's RNC address was a rare public appearance at a time when he remains under investigation in the CIA leak case that resulted in the indictment and resignation of Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby. Despite the investigation, Rove is still Bush's top political adviser.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

==============================================================================

And who can forget this episode (other than you)? Please note how much cash your wingnut friends had on hand in comparison to the Ds and how much it helped them with the eventual results...

Rove Sees No GOP Fall in the 2006 Election
October 24, 2006

Karl Rove, President Bush's top political strategist, says he doesn't believe the polls — at least the public polls that claim the Republicans are likely to lose the House of Representatives and possibly even the Senate on Election Day.

"I see several things," Rove says. "I'm allowed to see the polls on the individual races. And after all, this does come down to individual contests between individual candidates."

In addition to polls not generally available to the public, Rove says the Republicans have a huge financial advantage in the home stretch.

Citing spending and contribution reports, Rove said, "at the end of August, in 30 of the most competitive races in the country — the House races — the Republicans had $33 million cash on hand and Democrats had just over $14 million."

The money, Rove says, will be used for advertising, as well as to coordinate volunteers, the grass-roots workers who get voters to the polls.

And despite recent reports and polls that show a voting public fatigued by the direction of the war in Iraq, Rove thinks the midterm elections will be decided on other issues, too.

"I think Iraq and the economy play a role in virtually every race," Rove says. "But there are also local considerations in the local contest between two individuals, that at the end of the day matters for a great deal of the contest."

[www.npr.org]

Bottom line? Rove = FAIL.
pb
September 20, 2012 09:00PM
i,

2006 was a Foghorn election for us Dems, as was 2008.

As I said, I encourage you to think that with that incredibly large cash advantage that Rove will be impotent, and, as you have already theorized, not even spend the huge piles of money he is sitting on...

...until he unleashes the barrage and you can't hide behind your theories any longer.

September 20, 2012 09:05PM
Foghorn - you don't need to tell ME what kind of election 2006 was - you need to tell your pal Rove. He's the one who was clueless.

So far as the money - you're talking to someone in the business. As I tell my clients, advertising is a wonderful thing - but if you have a product nobody wants? You can spend everything you have and still not make a sale. The bottom line is the customer's wants and needs - not how much you spend. Nobody wants Romney - THAT'S your party's problem - not lack of advertising.

Maybe you should tweet that to Rove too. Save him a couple bucks to use in 2016. smoking smiley
pb
September 20, 2012 09:14PM
Indy! Wrote:
> Foghorn - you don't need to tell ME what kind of
> election 2006 was - you need to tell your pal
> Rove. He's the one who was clueless.
>
> So far as the money - you're talking to someone in
> the business. As I tell my clients, advertising is
> a wonderful thing - but if you have a product
> nobody wants? You can spend everything you have
> and still not make a sale. The bottom line is the
> customer's wants and needs - not how much you
> spend. Nobody wants Romney - THAT'S your party's
> problem - not lack of advertising.

> Maybe you should tweet that to Rove too. Save him
> a couple bucks to use in 2016. smoking smiley

I have always agree with you about Milt, there, i. But, in this case, people don't have the choices you describe.

Few are going to vote for the ONE. Just ask pondy. Even SHE claims she won't vote for the ONE.

Few are going to vote for Milt.

In this election, nearly everyone who votes is going to vote against one or the other and what Rove can do--and there's a lot of ammunition available to him--is convince people that they need to vote AGAINST the ONE.

Don't think for a moment that people are going to vote for Milt. Almost no one is going to. But, they will vote against the guy behind the foreign policy that has our Ambassadors murdered and our Embassies under seige.

September 20, 2012 09:27PM
"But, they will vote against the guy behind the foreign policy that has our Ambassadors murdered and our Embassies under seige." -pb

Yes. Instead they'll vote for the candidate from the party behind the foreign policy that brought us the attack on 9/11 and the Iraq War.

Right.

I got it.

Thanks.

eye rolling smiley

September 20, 2012 09:34PM
pb
September 20, 2012 09:48PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> "But, they will vote against the guy behind the
> foreign policy that has our Ambassadors murdered
> and our Embassies under seige." -pb
>
> Yes. Instead they'll vote for the candidate from
> the party behind the foreign policy that brought
> us the attack on 9/11 and the Iraq War.
>
> Right.
>
> I got it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> eye rolling smiley

Um, po? 911 came after the eight years of Bubba?

And, yes. The electorate is experienced at voting against what is going on now?

Sounds as if you are now going to vote for the ONE, after all, eh?

September 20, 2012 09:55PM
Yes - 9/11 was AFTER Bubba. DURING Bush. BEFORE Obama.

We know, Foghorn.
September 20, 2012 09:55PM
It was Bush's abandonment of Clinton's intelligence policies and focuses that brought 9/11 on us all. And he barged right into Iraq having intended to from the get-go. Romney is already lining many of those same Bush Neo-con players up again as his advisers and potential cabinet members. Romney will make the Iraq war seem quaint.

And again, no, I am not voting for Obama. He's arguably as much of a warmonger as Bush was.

pb
September 20, 2012 10:03PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> It was Bush's abandonment of Clinton's
> intelligence policies and focuses that brought
> 9/11 on us all.

You're saying that the whole 911 thing took place in the time after what Bubba put in place had time to fall apart. I think that preparations were in place for several years...

...well in this universe, anyway.

> And he barged right into Iraq
> having intended to from the get-go.

Not arguing that point.

I'm not supporting W nor am I supporting Milt. I'm just saying that the ONE has been the disaster I said he'd be.

> Romney is
> already lining many of those same Bush Neo-con
> players up again as his advisers and potential
> cabinet members. Romney will make the Iraq war
> seem quaint.

You may be right.

> And again, no, I am not voting for Obama. He's
> arguably as much of a warmonger as Bush was.

And, as much as Milt will be?

It is just so hard to believe that someone who's so quick to defend the ONE will not march to the polls to vote for him.

September 20, 2012 10:33PM
"You're saying that the whole 911 thing took place in the time after what Bubba put in place had time to fall apart. I think that preparations were in place for several years..." -pb

And any warnings Bush received from Clinton or subsequent intelligence was willfully dismissed and ignored, thereby paving a clear path for whatever Bin Laden had in the works. Had Bush kept the same focus and vigilance that Clinton had passed on to him, 9/11 might have well been stopped before it happened.

"I'm not supporting W nor am I supporting Milt. I'm just saying that the ONE has been the disaster I said he'd be." -pb

Please point out some specific example of Obama's "disastrous" foreign policies of which you speak. An embassy was attacked...? How many presidents has that not happened to in the last few decades?

> And again, no, I am not voting for Obama. He's
> arguably as much of a warmonger as Bush was.

"And, as much as Milt will be?" -pb

No. I don't think anything Obama has done or is likely to do would will ever make the Iraq War seem quaint.

Romney would be the most compliant meat puppet that the Military Industrial Complex could have ever dreamed of.

pb
September 20, 2012 10:51PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> "You're saying that the whole 911 thing took place
> in the time after what Bubba put in place had time
> to fall apart. I think that preparations were in
> place for several years..." -pb
>
> And any warnings Bush received from Clinton or
> subsequent intelligence was willfully dismissed
> and ignored, thereby paving a clear path for
> whatever Bin Laden had in the works.

Okay, then.

> Had Bush kept
> the same focus and vigilance that Clinton had
> passed on to him, 9/11 might have well been
> stopped before it happened.

Wow! You really believe that, don't you?

> "I'm not supporting W nor am I supporting Milt.
> I'm just saying that the ONE has been the disaster
> I said he'd be." -pb
>
> Please point out some specific example of Obama's
> "disastrous" foreign policies of which you speak.

Allies toppled. Abassador savagely and brutally assassinated? Embassy under seige? Any of this stuff make the news in the pondiverse?

> An embassy was attacked...? How many presidents
> has that not happened to in the last few decades?

Only one who is currently in office.

You don't think the ONE has been effective in foreign policy, do you?

> > And again, no, I am not voting for Obama. He's
> > arguably as much of a warmonger as Bush was.
>
> "And, as much as Milt will be?" -pb
>
> No. I don't think anything Obama has done or is
> likely to do would will ever make the Iraq War
> seem quaint.
>
> Romney would be the most compliant meat puppet
> that the Military Industrial Complex could have
> ever dreamed of.

Could be. But, the electorate can know what the disaster that is the ONE's foreign policy is now. And, what that will look like in early November? I don't even want to imagine.

September 21, 2012 12:03AM
Poor Boy wrties,

Milt has out-raised the ONE by m-m-m-miillion of dollars and has not spent much of that money.

2012 will prove that conservatives can't buy an American Presidential election even with the help of a well-organized right-wing propaganda machine.
September 21, 2012 12:06AM
...and m-m-m-m-millions of willing dupes like Foghorn here. smoking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum