Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

A warning!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
A warning!
September 04, 2012 11:50PM
Published on Monday, September 3, 2012 by TruthDig.com

Life Is Sacred

by Chris Hedges

I retreat in the summer to the mountains and coasts of Maine and New Hampshire to sever myself from the intrusion of the industrial world. It is in the woods and along the rugged Atlantic coastline, the surf thundering into the jagged rocks, that I am reminded of our insignificance before the universe and the brevity of human life. The stars, thousands visible in the night canopy above me, mock human pretensions of grandeur. They whisper the biblical reminder that we are dust and to dust we shall return. Love now, they tell us urgently, protect what is sacred, while there is still time. But now I go there also to mourn. I mourn for our future, for the fading majesty of the natural world, for the folly of the human species. The planet is dying. And we will die with it.
LINK: [www.commondreams.org]
Re: A warning!
September 05, 2012 12:00AM
So AL Brigade is your new moniker, Donna?
Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 12:10AM
??????confused smiley
September 05, 2012 12:13AM
You're busted.
September 05, 2012 05:47AM
AL, Indy! is ragging on you for liking Chris Hedges. Donna likes him a lot and used to post a lot of his stuff here before she left. Indy! always gave her no end of grief about it.

If the truth of reality is too negative, we're not supposed to pay so much attention to it like Chris does. Chris doesn't sugar coat it. He lays it out exactly like it is. Not everyone's cup-o-tea, I'm afraid.

Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 05:56AM
I like Chris Hedges too.
He often says what I'm thinking.

Mac
HHH
September 05, 2012 06:16AM
He often says what I know I should not be thinking if I hope to have a productive life.

September 05, 2012 06:36AM
Ignoring reality is one of your methods of having a productive life?

HHH
September 05, 2012 06:38AM
Oh, never you mind. There's plenty of stuff to be concerned about even if I don't listen to that guy.

September 05, 2012 06:51AM
You know how Austin Powers middle name was "Danger"? Hedges middle name is "Hyperbole".

I'm just sayin'... smoking smiley
Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 07:48AM
I like Hedges and I understand how he thinks. His degree from Harvard Divinity School and his morals continue to inform his worh. One of the people in this world that I truely admire
September 05, 2012 08:28AM
Hyperbole in the name of accuracy is no vice.

AL, Donna and I saw him speak here in L.A. a few weeks ago. He was outstanding. She had him sign his latest book she had.

Anonymous User
September 05, 2012 08:46AM
Now I am jealoushot smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!