Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

The rate of attempted suicide for transgendered individuals is 47%

Posted by Ponderer 
You should learn how to speak and to be understandable Whats, without coming off like a complete asshole, even in the occasional time its unintentional on your part.
Jun
Re: The rate of attempted suicide for transgendered individuals is 47%
September 01, 2012 07:52AM

Fernanda Milan will be deported 17/09/2012

"It appears that the reason Fernanda Milan was not granted asylum is because Denmark does not recognize persecution on the basis of gender identity as a reason for claiming asylum. Denmark, the UK and Ireland all opted out of the new EU directive on asylum, which includes gender identity."

Denmark does not recognize trans identity as a reason for asylum. This is against the United Nations - Human Rights Convention, Article 19.

Petition at: [www.skrivunder.net]

Facebook Event: [www.facebook.com]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

"Don't judge other people just because they sin differently from you!" ~ Anon

Three things you (probably) don't know about Islam
[www.youtube.com]

Welcome To Belgistan -- The New Muslim Capital Of Europe
[www.youtube.com]

September 01, 2012 06:07PM
I certainly condemn Denmark's policy, but what on Earth made her pick that particular country to seek asylum in?

For anyone, to be made to believe that you are fundamentally flawed is traumatic to the limbic mind. I cannot imagine what it must be like to feel you are born in the wrong sex body. I have long thought that if this condition of being was completely accepted by society, then transgender people would not feel the need to have a sex change and they would certainly be healthier mentally. I have written before that I believe the very concept of mental illness is questionable, and that its existence is more of a social problem than a biological problem.
September 03, 2012 02:59AM
I disagree. You don't think these individuals are incapable of looking around and seeing someting is wrong with themselves without society? I would give people more credit for understanding their own plight than you do myce. I am sure you will find it a matter of both biologcal and mental. Probably one driving the other.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/03/2012 03:54AM by whats@work.
September 03, 2012 03:09AM
Mental illness is real - we know that because the Republican Party is real - it does exist. But I do think society in some instances over emphasizes the idea of mental illness - especially concerning children who are just being children sometimes.
Jun
September 04, 2012 07:49AM
whats@work Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am sure you will
> find it a matter of both biologcal and mental.
> Probably one driving the other.

thumbs up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- Juni {^á´¥^}

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Jun
September 05, 2012 02:39PM
If only more parents of Transgender-children are like her.
[www.theconversation.tv]

thumbs up

- Juni {^á´¥^}

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!