Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join to post Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Worst "restaurants " to work for...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Worst "restaurants " to work for...
June 16, 2012 08:39PM
and eat at I might add

and to eat at I might mention

Is your favorite restaurant mistreating its workers?According to a guide released earlier this year by a group dedicated to workplace justice, some of the most popular fast-food, fine-dining, and family-friendly restaurants in the United States -- including McDonald's, The Capital Grille, and The Olive Garden -- are also the worst ones at which to work.

"We all enjoy eating out," Restaurant Opportunities Centers (ROC) writes on the website for its National Diners' Guide 2012. "Unfortunately, the workers who cook, prepare, and serve our food suffer from poverty wages, no benefits like paid sick days, and little or no chance to move up to better positions. When the people who serve us food can't afford to pay the rent or take a day off when they're sick, our dining experience suffers."
(the finlal paragraphy I really like to wit; "A sizable number of well-known restaurant chains earned "zero" ratings because they didn't meet any of the minimum requirements for their workers -- and, contrary to what you might think, there are more than a few high-end fine-dining establishments on the list. Take a look" What total BS there is not a single decent restaurant, much less a "fine dinning" onne in the list.)

Link: [shine.yahoo.com]

The list

Applebee's

Baskin-Robbins
Bob Evans

Boston Market
Buffalo Wild Wings

Burger King

California Pizza Kitchen

The Cheesecake Factory

Chuck E. Cheese
Cracker Barrel

Dunkin Donuts
Einstein Bros. Bagels
Hard Rock Cafe

Hooters

IHOP

KFC

Legal Seafoods

McDonald's

Outback Steakhouse
P.F. Chang's

Pizza Hut

Quiznos
Red Robin

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

Sonic

Subway
TGI Friday's

Taco Bell

Uno Chicago Grill
Wendys
Re: Worst "restaurants " to work for...
June 16, 2012 08:42PM
Havent eaten at any of those for more than half a decade.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

President Eisenhower
June 16, 2012 08:47PM
We have a fast food chain here in California called In-N-Out Burger. It's in other states too. But it has an incredible record of treating it's employees very well. It's not uncommon for people to make a career out of working for them. Probably a big difference is that In-N-Out is not a franchise. Every single restaurant is still totally owned by one family. As a result it seems as though they treat their employees as family in a way too.

Success and profit does not have to come at the cost of the workers.

June 16, 2012 09:14PM
The Pentagon should hire them for catering at the latest event.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

President Eisenhower

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 09:14PM by Kairos.
June 16, 2012 09:33PM
My first job was McDonald's - they're freakin' slave drivers. They like to bring their workers in for 2-3 hours during the rush shift, then send them home for an hour or two and bring them back for the next rush shift for 2-3 hours. The basic rule was "there's always something to do" so you weren't allowed to ever stand around and do nothing. The one I worked at didn't even allow you a free burger for lunch if you were working an 8 hour shift - the only thing you could have was a drink in one of those tiny courtesy cups. You had to fill it up and walk around the freezer - when you came back from the other side the drink had to be finished. One Friday night - right before we closed, I snuck a couple fries from the bin - fries that were going in the garbage anyway because we were closing. The next day when I came in the manager fired me for "stealing from the company". His exact words were "If you're stealing fries from the bin - I have to be worried that you're also walking out the back with boxes of burgers". Dude was actually sitting in the parking lot on Friday night watching the employees. Didn't realize it at the time, but he was doing me a huge favor. That's how Mickey D's rolls - (or least how they used to) they only hire people who have never had a job. Why? Because then you have no idea they're working your ass off - you have nothing to compare.

OTOH - just about every restaurant job is slave labor. People get comfortable being a waitress or a manager or whatever and they never get out of the grind to see that other jobs that pay just as good (or better) are so much easier.
June 16, 2012 10:12PM
Corporations like McDonald's are Tyrannical Dictatorships. Historically the only mechanism we've had to take them on and reign in their tyrannies is Labor Unions, but they've pretty much been outlawed by fascists within our government.

And after the Trans-Pacific Partnership goes through, International Corporations will then have the power to sue our federal, state, and local governments for things like lost profits from environmental regulations.

The Global Corporatocracy is coming sooner than we thought.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login