Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Tax me,for f*&k's sake! A glorious rant by Stephen King.

Tax me,for f*&k's sake! A glorious rant by Stephen King.
May 01, 2012 04:45AM
...I’ve known rich people, and why not, since I’m one of them? The majority would rather douse their dicks with lighter fluid, strike a match, and dance around singing “Disco Inferno” than pay one more cent in taxes to Uncle Sugar...

[www.thedailybeast.com]

As an Australian I'm baffled by American hostility to taxation. I'm of the belief its the price we have to pay for living in a civilized society.

I'm disgusted at the excuses the superrich in America come up with for not wanting to pay more tax.

I'm horrified at the ultra capitalism that is now considered normal in America.

BTW I've been a constant reader since 1977, and agreed with most that Stevo is the Charles Dickens of our times
Re: Tax me,for f*&k's sake! A glorious rant by Stephen King.
May 01, 2012 04:52AM
I am more horrified by someone that wants others to pay for them. So far we ALMOST have 50% of the population not paying anything into the system yet get to vote people into office to get even more. Just a matter of time before this sillyness degrades to civil war.
May 01, 2012 05:09AM
Oh my. Lil Whatsy believes the "50% don't pay anything' lie. LOL!

Amazing what Fox can do with a weak mind. smoking smiley
May 01, 2012 06:57AM
"I am more horrified by someone that wants others to pay for them." -whats

Oh HELL yeah! Those money-grubbing, government teat-sucking oil companies expecting poor and middle class taxpayers to pony up for tax breaks for them when they're already making the biggest profits in the history of money...!

Good call, whats! thumbs up

http://imgdump.novarata.net/image.php?di=WN26
HHH
May 01, 2012 07:46PM
How much are the poor and middle class paying for those tax breaks anyway?

May 01, 2012 11:13PM
How much are the poor and middle class paying for those tax breaks anyway? - HHH

We don't know yet. It depends on how they plan to compensate for the loss of tax revenue. It could happen through cutbacks on Medicare or Social Security. Or food stamps. Or unemployment compensation. Or education. They certainly won't make wealthy people or corporations make up for the loss.
May 01, 2012 11:36PM
More and more everyday... interest on the debt.
The dollar has been devalued something like 98% in the last 50 years due to over printing.

That was the issue with the Weimar republic.

If you want to make your currency worthless then create make-believe money and just keep printing it till you run out of ink.
May 02, 2012 12:59AM
Why would anyone want worthless money?
May 02, 2012 01:03AM
It's not a matter of "wanting" worthless money. In Weimar Germany's case, the only way they could pay off war reparations for WWI was to print gobs of money. And of course that just made it more worthless. Our own Fed has been doing the same thing to stave off a worldwide depression.
May 02, 2012 01:17AM
Understood. However Cas clearly stated "If you want to make your currency worthless..."
Hyperbole.

No one WANTS worthless money.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum