Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

US Government totally responsible for Afghan village massacres.

Posted by Anonymous User 
So it turns out that Staff Sgt. Robert Bales may have been on Mefloquine. A highly dangerous anti-milarial that even the corrupt FDA states can cause hyper-violence in people with existing psychological disorders.

If Bales had been fed Mefloquine it is highly likely that it is directly responsible for his actions.

[www.keprtv.com]

The British Army halted use of the drug because they found that just this kind of thing can result.
Re: US Government totally responsible for Afghan village massacres.
April 01, 2012 02:34AM
either that or being in a h-llhole fighting a war for a small group of people that hold unjust sway over the war powers of the federal government

bonus: that small group considers you an animal

==============================================================================

"The masses... do not conceive any ideas, sound or unsound. They only choose between the ideologies developed by the intellectual leaders of mankind. But their choice is final and determines the course of events. If they prefer bad doctrines, nothing can prevent disaster."
HHH
April 01, 2012 04:55AM
Satanic influences.

And you've never tripped in you life so you have no idea that your subjective mind can be manipulated by chemical reactions, that what you see may not be real, that what you are may just be a figment of your own imagination.

For the first time in your life you are forced to imagine a way to look at life, the universe and everything from outside the eyes in your own head.

And the drugs that the military is giving you is elevating your violence level by orders of magnitued that you've never even thought of. You can't control your own actions.

All you see is anger, rage and more energy than you can stand.

Imagine that you've been in a hostile foreign country for years and you've been fed psychoactive drugs for most of that time.

And you've been given a gun and told, over and over again, that anyone native is the "devil".

What would you do?

Personally I think I'd be split between trying to bring peace and happiness, or going out and killing everyone.
April 01, 2012 12:58PM
At this point, I don't believe ANYTHING our Government says about this incident.
And neither does the entire rest of the World.

Mac
April 01, 2012 01:24PM
What do you suppose the political fall-out would be if, because of this drug, Bales is exonerated? We know that the Afghans are clamoring for Bales' blood. Will they be satisfied with anything less than seeing Bales drawn and quartered?

If Bales walks - even though, in light of this news, an acquittal might really be the fairest outcome - the entire Middle East would explode. Can anybody see that being allowed to happen?
April 01, 2012 05:46PM
Amy Goodman did an excellent piece on this subject interviewing the guy who is petitioning the government for the information to find out if this guy had taken this drug. It's highly likely that in the heat of battle he was given this drug along with all the others in his group even though the brain trauma he had previously suffered was supposed to exclude him from it. There are many well documented cases of soldiers who were otherwise fine who had previously suffered brain injuries or disorders that were specifically supposed to exclude them from being given this drug who shortly after being given it anyways went batshit crazy killing their wives, others and/or themselves. And the effects don't wear off. Mentally they may be permanently damaged to where (if they didn't manage to kill themselves) they can barely put a sentence together any longer. Some of these poor souls were elite Seal Team Six types who had been heavily screened for preexisting psychological problems.

Jazz, if this soldier had been given this drug, do you think the information should be kept from being brought into the case? This isn't a mere "Twinkie" defense. This drug is documented turning soldiers into raging psychopaths when given it after having brain injuries or disorders like this soldier had previously suffered. I agree there could be hell to pay if something like this exonerates this guy in some way, but it still seems extremely relevant to the case if he took this stuff.

Democracy Now! - Pentagon Stays Silent on Whether Suspect in Afghan Massacre Took Controversial Anti-Malaria Drug

www.ivaw.org

Mefloquine - Wiki

http://imgdump.novarata.net/image.php?di=WN26
One of my best friends was in the Peace Corps in Malawi and they had him dosed on Mefliquine. He said that it was like being in a jar full of rage and hyper-violence, unable to really see out. He demanded to be picked up because he knew that he was quickly becoming a danger to others and might snap.

He was lucky enough to have lots of experience with halucinagenic drugs so he could keep it together but some of the other people in the Peace Corps who have been on this drug have not been so lucky.

The Peace Corps bought up massive stockpiles of the stuff after the British Military stopped using it because it turned some soldiers into deranged murders or drove them to suicide.

If Bales was on this stuff, even by accident, the fault lies with the US government, who KNOWS that Mefliquine causes these problems, and not with Bales himself who may not even know what happened.

However, if he is aquitted for these murders there will be backlash. I mean he's already created two villages full of potential enemies.
April 01, 2012 09:19PM
Join the military - be a medical guinea pig.

Been that way for ages. Look what happened to OD.

I'm just sayin'... eye rolling smiley
April 02, 2012 01:14AM
I have come to the conclusion that this entire incident was a planned mission.
What brought me to that conclusion?
Helicopter support.

Mac
HHH
April 02, 2012 02:34AM
What drug have you been taking?

> I have come to the conclusion that this entire
> incident was a planned mission.
> What brought me to that conclusion?
>
> Helicopter support.

Thanks for clearing that up. I had erroneously guessed a ouija board.
Mac, where did you read about helicopter support?
April 02, 2012 12:01PM
Witness statements.
They claimed the helicopters were there from the very beginning of the shooting.
They also claimed that 15-20 US troops were involved.

Mac
HHH
April 02, 2012 02:33PM
And just why would all those troops be engaged in cold-blooded murder of women and children?

2: They were part of a unit that had agreed to take vengence on the villages that had threatened them (documented).

3: They were lost.
April 03, 2012 12:15AM
3- They should have turned left at Cucamunga.
(Don't US troops watch Bugs Bunny cartoons?)

In my opinion; they weren't hunting for Bales and they weren't lost.

Mac
April 03, 2012 02:43AM
It could well be that any helicopters in the area that night were on their own missions. Maybe even near by the places were this all went down.

http://imgdump.novarata.net/image.php?di=WN26
April 04, 2012 05:00AM
Right.
It was just a coincidence.

Mac
Cascade writes "Imagine being in a total war zone and totally tripped out on psychedelic drugs."
Well imagine an entire nation being under the influence of the narcotic of simplistic explanations and beliefs.

I love the critics who denigrate the beliefs of the primitive Muslims such as the Pashtuns and are unable to see the same faults in their own nation namely all the "Born again" types and people such as Romney, Santorum and Paul who are closer to some stone age tribe that the Enlightenment
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Map IP Address