Forum Index Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post in these forums: Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Occupy Wall Street is TWICE as Popular as the Tea Party Movement

Posted by Ponderer 
Occupy Wall Street is TWICE as Popular as the Tea Party Movement
October 15, 2011 02:28AM
In the protest movement popularity contest, Occupy Wall Street is whupping the Tea Party.

The demonstrations against big banks has a 54% favorability rating compared to the conservative group's 27%, according to a new Time magazine poll.

A sizable number - 23% - said they didn't know enough about the Wall St. protesters to make a decision.

In contrast, 23% said they had a negative opinion of Occupy Wall Street compared to 65% who said the Tea Party's influence has been negative or negligible.

nydailynews.com

I'll bet of those 23% who said they didn't know enough about OWS, a sizable portion would be in favor of it once they knew more.

"Bush lied us into a war, Obama lied us into health care - which one are you more upset by?" -Jimmy Dore
Re: Occupy Wall Street is TWICE as Popular as the Tea Party Movement
October 15, 2011 03:06AM
LOL...oookkkaaayyyy Smoke a joint; drink a brew....
October 15, 2011 09:25AM
What... sounds a little slow in his estimation:

The usual right wing talking points - how long can you call someone a dirty hippie, or beatnik?
Anyone who fits the generation that is being applied in this characterization likely has been retired for ten or twenty years.
October 15, 2011 01:30PM
Whats,
REAL dope smokers don't attend protest rallies.
They sit around watching TV and eating munchies.

One "weed-whacker" I knew complained that TV was boring.
It always had the same show on; about people swimming or something.
Turns out he was sitting in the utility room watching the front loading washer run.

(For those of you too dumb or stoned to figure it out. That was a JOKE.)

Mac
October 15, 2011 04:27PM
"REAL dope smokers don't attend protest rallies.
They sit around watching TV and eating munchies."
-Mac

That was last night, Mac. Today we're going to the protest rally at Occupy LA.

I just don't get someone like whats. Is he actually in favor of what Wall Street and the bankers, along with their government enablers, have done and are still doing to this country? He sees no room for improvement? He's perfectly content with everything as it is to the point that seeing thousands of people beat down and fed up with this staus quo is laughable to him? Is there any way that these protesters could dress or behave, are there any signs that they could be carrying, that would allow him to empathize and agree with anything these people are protesting?

We laughed at the Tea Party when it was at its zenith because there was so much of its message that was actually nothing but paranoid, right wing delusion. You can't say that about what the Occupy Wall Street movement is all about. Well... you could say that, but you'd be wrong. A list of Occupy Wall Street's grievances contains nothing that isn't among the many factors and policies behind what has actually driven this economy into the toilet or calls for those responsible to be held accountable. Partisanship is not a driving factor at all. This isn't about unseating a specific politician or political party. They are all complicit with only a few rare exceptions. There are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents, Greens, even Tea Partiers... all parties are represented among those protesting in Wall Street and in cities and parks all over the country right now.

Why are people like whats really laughing at what's going on with this movement? How can they actually disagree with it or be against it? What is their investment in things staying exactly as f*cked up as they are now?

"Bush lied us into a war, Obama lied us into health care - which one are you more upset by?" -Jimmy Dore
October 15, 2011 07:04PM
People who sneer at this movement don't have a clue what's going on.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2011 07:30PM
Mac McFadden Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> One "weed-whacker" I knew complained that TV was
> boring.
> It always had the same show on; about people
> swimming or something.
> Turns out he was sitting in the utility room
> watching the front loading washer run.
>
> (For those of you too dumb or stoned to figure it
> out. That was a JOKE.)

I know that was a joke, but this story is no joke:
When I was in college I lived in a large house with several friends. We smoked a lot of pot in that house. Visitors were in and out of that house constantly. We had an old used B&W TV set, the kind in big wooden cabinet. Soon it went on the fritz and video was the familar snow storm with waves of grey in constantly changing intensity. The audio still worked as I recall, although we usually had it turned down. Being a decent artist, I carefully painted a stagecoach scene directly onto the glass (in greenish grey to match the video). My painting of course was static, but the effect was that it was stagecoach driving through a violent storm. Many of my stoned friends sat watching this "western" for a long time before realizing what it really was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2011 07:46PM by Curt Anderson.
Ha! THat's great Curt! I would have loved to have seen that.
October 16, 2011 04:29AM
I had an old Sylvania TV (the one with the "halo light"winking smiley that didn't work except for the halo light.
I used it as a night light.

Pondy,
Whats thinks anyone who smokes an occasional doobie is a full blown, stoned 24/7, weed-head.
Incapable of cognitive thought beyond deciding which Doobie Brothers Album to play next.
I think it's projection on his part.

p.s.- Dave's not here.

Mac

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2011 04:30AM by Mac McFadden.
October 16, 2011 05:33AM
No... this IS Dave, man!

smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum