Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Liberals

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Liberals
August 23, 2011 08:52PM
It must be admitted that all this was partly the result of extraordinary crafty tactics on the part of Liberals on the one hand, and obvious official stupidity or naiveté on the other hand. The Liberals were too clever to allow a simultaneous attack to be made on the whole of their Press. No one section functioned as cover for the other. ...The national papers, also in Liberal hands, knew how to camouflage themselves as model examples of objectivity. They studiously avoided harsh language, knowing well that blockheads are capable of judging only by external appearances and never able to penetrate to the real depth and meaning of anything. ... This form of human frailty was carefully studied and understood by the Liberal Press..

Certainly in days to come the Liberals will raise a tremendous cry throughout their newspapers once a hand is laid on their favorite nest, once a move is made to put an end to this scandalous Liberal Press and once this instrument which shapes public opinion is brought under Conservative control and no longer left in the hands of Liberals and enemies of the people. I am certain that this will be easier for us than it was for our fathers. The scream of the twelve-inch shrapnel is more penetrating than the hiss from a thousand Liberal newspaper vipers. Therefore let them go on with their hissing..

By means of the Liberal Press, the Liberals spread the colossal falsehood about 'American Militarism' throughout the world and tried to inculpate America by every possible means, while at the same time the Democratic Party refused to assent to the measures that were necessary for the adequate training of our national defense forces. .

What soon gave me cause for very serious consideration were the activities of the Liberals in certain branches of life, into the mystery of which I penetrated little by little. Was there any shady undertaking, any form of foulness, especially in cultural life, in which at least one Liberal did not participate? On putting the probing knife carefully to that kind of abscess one immediately discovered, like a maggot in a putrescent body, a little Liberal who was often blinded by the sudden light.

In my eyes the charge against Liberalism became a grave one the moment I discovered the Liberal activities in the Press, in art, in literature and the theatre. All unctuous protests were now more or less futile. ... Here was a pestilence, a moral pestilence, with which the public was being infected..

I was happy at last to know for certain that a Liberal is not an American.
Re: Liberals
August 24, 2011 12:52AM
The "Liberal Press"? Is there somebody on the planet Earth who actually believes people still read newspapers? Appreciate the heads-up.
August 24, 2011 01:17AM
The "Liberal Press" is probably the biggest "Urban Myth" there is.
Just look at who OWNS those presses.

Mac
Anonymous User
August 24, 2011 03:41AM
RO,

Suggesting here that you make a sincere effort to ease up on this overestimation of modern liberals. Classical liberals would plainly roll in the grave over what the 20th century did to the term.. Just call 'em what they are-----tomorrow's tyrants, in search of an opportunity.
Imagine yourself as deeply compassionate-----but only and always at someone else's expense-----and you'll have the essence of the putrefaction process.
August 24, 2011 04:16AM
Yes - imagine that while Belly imagines you sitting on the throne taking a dump.
August 24, 2011 07:11AM
Imagine yourself as deeply compassionate-----but only and always at someone else's expense-----and you'll have the essence of the putrefaction process.

Win!

August 24, 2011 08:59AM
On putting the probing knife carefully to that kind of abscess one immediately discovered, like a maggot in a putrescent body, a little Liberal who was often blinded by the sudden light. - Right On!

Suggesting here that you make a sincere effort to ease up on this overestimation of modern liberals... Imagine yourself as deeply compassionate-----but only and always at someone else's expense-----and you'll have the essence of the putrefaction process. - belly

Win! - whats

Well the joke's on you. The opening post was an excerpt from Mein Kampf with the word "Liberals" substituted for the word "Jews", and so on.

As many liberals including myself have often noted, the 21st century right-wing American mind set is identical to the 1930s German mind set which took over that nation; the only elements that are different are the place, time, and victims. It wouldn't take a lot of convincing by a charismatic leader -- especially during an economic collapse, as Weimar Germany was experiencing -- to talk wingnuts into herding liberals into "work" camps.

You people scare the crap out of me.

"When they say there’s not enough money, they mean there’s not enough money for YOU." - Jill Stein, Green Party presidential nominee.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 09:20PM by PowerToThePeople.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2011 09:02AM
FEMA Camps Pttp, not Death Camps.

And why did you spoil the fun? You could have dragged that out for a little while longer at least.
August 24, 2011 09:04AM
How many other wingnuts post here? I wanted to catch a couple while they were still around.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 09:05AM by PowerToThePeople.
Anonymous User
August 24, 2011 09:09AM
Good point. Ya' gotta' rub their noses in it before too much time passes or they never learn.
August 24, 2011 09:54AM
The funny thing is, when Thom Hartmann read that today, I immediately thought of bellyfire because it reminded me of his writing style. When was the last time we heard from bellyfire? Weeks ago? I figured the lead post -- which I penned under the moniker Right On! -- might lure him back.

People of this mind set exist in all societies. They scare the crap out of me because under the right conditions a demagogue can tap into their depravity and cause a lot of pain, suffering, and even genocide. History is rife with examples. No nation is immune to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 09:19PM by PowerToThePeople.
August 24, 2011 10:19AM
The article the altered excerpt from Mein Kampf appeared in was written by Thom Hartmann and published in Common Dreams back in 2004. Here's the link: [www.commondreams.org]

Excerpt:

Conservatives must constantly attack others (and focus on "morality" ) to keep hidden their own true agenda, which is no less than a return to the world of Scrooge & Marley, Inc. They're working to bring about a return to Robber Baron feudalism, with a stable, rich, and powerful ruling class, and an impoverished, frightened, and politically impotent working class.

But for conservatives to keep the loyalty of the working-class victims of their policies (which are shipping American jobs overseas, while fighting unions and minimum-wage increases here), they must convince people that there is a "them" out there - liberals in this case - who are out to destroy America's moral fiber and are thus responsible for working-class misery.

This is an old trick, and one the cons know is very difficult to counter. Consider what happened when German militarism in WWI led, through the punishing Treaty of Versailles and then later the Great Depression, to the collapse of the German economy in the 1920s and early 1930s. Hitler couldn't blame the militarists and corporatist conservatives who had led his nation into WWI and mismanaged the economy afterwards, so he pointed to the Jews as the "them" responsible for the problems in German society.

The www.zenpickle.com website (disclosure: Zenpickle is owned by Joe McPherson, a former producer of my radio program) features a spoof book supposedly by Ann Coulter, titled "Mein Kampf, Second Edition." To create "Ann's" book, Joe clipped pieces out of Hitler's original and adroitly made a (very) few replacements, such as changing "Jews" and "Germany" into "Liberals" and "America." Thus, we find on his site:

"When they say there’s not enough money, they mean there’s not enough money for YOU." - Jill Stein, Green Party presidential nominee.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2011 10:41AM by PowerToThePeople.
August 24, 2011 08:30PM
Amazing that people actually buy that "liberals are destroying America" nonsense when you consider we've been on a hard right conservative tack for the past 30 years. Liberal issues aren't even discussed out in the open anymore - much less acted on.
August 24, 2011 09:48PM
Sorry, modern liberals ARE destroying this country. Being compassionate without contributing; stealing others peoples money to do what you THINK is right...is wrong.

Hard right for 30 years..lol..the delusion continues...get help.

August 24, 2011 10:37PM
I put my OWN money where my compassion is.
And have done so for years.
So pog ma thon.
(That's Gaelic for: "kiss my ass".)

Mac
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!