Forum Index Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post in these forums: Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What is the Republicans' end game?

Posted by Ponderer 
What is the Republicans' end game?
June 22, 2011 04:27PM
Seriously. What is the Republicans' end game? What is the final outcome they are really shooting for? I mean, can they really be this unabashedly stupid? Are they actually trying to flog their retarded, sociopathic ideas that amount to crash dieting to address hunger out of shear, blind, dogged stupidity? Or do they have some super secret diabolical final outcome in mind for this country once they have driven it to the point of destruction and destitution for the vast majority of the population?

Every place you look anymore you see the GOP pushing serially failed ideas as if they're the freshest piece of fruit in the store. Ideas that have consistently and demonstrably proven over decades to not work in regards to the stated intentions and goals. Yet they trot them out every single time they sense that they could do it again. Ideas that will lead to nothing less than the utter destruction of the poor and middle class in this country.

What is the Final Vision they actually have for this country? If they weren't so dead-set on selling and buying their own flaming, bald-faced lies... if they were to go entirely against their true nature and be honest with us all for once in their existence and tell us what they actually have in mind for us, what would it be?

What is this Final Solution they are so religiously driven to condemn us to which they are playing so closely to their chest?

"I hate it when people compare Dick Cheney to Darth Vader. Vader never avoided military service." -John Fugelsang
pb
Re: What is the Republicans' end game?
June 22, 2011 04:29PM
Three words, po: Subjectivity is truth.

You couldn't sniff reality if it was an onion and someone stuffed it up your nostils.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 04:48PM by pb.
June 22, 2011 04:36PM
I got three words for you...

"I hate it when people compare Dick Cheney to Darth Vader. Vader never avoided military service." -John Fugelsang
pb
June 22, 2011 04:44PM
I've got three more words for you: I love it when you go all True Believer!
June 22, 2011 04:48PM
There is no end game. Everything they do is based on selfishness and making sure they got theirs. They don't care about the country or anyone else - they're just lining their own pockets.
pb
June 22, 2011 04:50PM
What strkes me these days is that the DemOs don't even have an end game. The GOPs own the House and the Dems own the Senate and White House but the Dems seem only to be able to figure out that they don't like GOP ideas.

They no longer seem to have any of their own.
June 22, 2011 05:09PM
Also true.
June 22, 2011 06:08PM
"There is no end game. Everything they do is based on selfishness and making sure they got theirs." -Indy!

But why would they be so focused on destroying the rest of the country around them? They are still gonna have to live here. And not all Republicans are astronomically wealthy. Many of them are going to be in the same destitute place the rest of us are.

Sam
June 22, 2011 06:35PM
Instant gratification...(scroll down to find the Colbert video)

[eater.com]
June 22, 2011 06:50PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "There is no end game. Everything they do is based
> on selfishness and making sure they got theirs."
> -Indy!
>
> But why would they be so focused on destroying the
> rest of the country around them? They are still
> gonna have to live here. And not all Republicans
> are astronomically wealthy. Many of them are going
> to be in the same destitute place the rest of us
> are.

The lower levels are motivated by race and propaganda.
June 23, 2011 01:27AM
Republiklan end game = destroy the economy in the hope it will bring down Obama

And what do they do AFTER destroying the economy?
Republiklans don't think that far ahead

Mac
Anonymous User
June 23, 2011 02:54AM
The Republican Party is not a single monolith, but a complex combination of various interest group, same like the Democrats. Don't believe their rhetoric, nor the Democrats. The Christian conservatives would like a theocracy, the Business conservatives would like to allow capitalism to be unbridled, most Republican politicians are pragmatists and simply want to be re-elected, so they will say and do whatever they think is expediant to make that happen, the Neo-cons or ideological Republicans want to do away with Democrats and democratic opinion, they want something akin to a one-party state. The Tea Party wants government rolled back to a strict constitutionalist interpretation. Paleo-conservatives want a return to nationalism in domestic and foreign policy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2011 02:57AM by chator.
June 26, 2011 03:37AM
Republicans decide to believe?
Part of that belief is to believe they don't have any responsibility for what they do.

Mom will always clean up after them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum