Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Michelle Bachman's lesbian sister

Posted by Indy! 
Michelle Bachman's lesbian sister
June 16, 2011 03:38AM
Who knew? I just found out on MSNBC. First off, Ms. Bachman pretended as though she was raised by a "single mother" during the debates the other day, but the truth is her divorced mother got remarried "shortly" after divorcing her first husband. Bachman also made out like she was one her own as a kid. Also a distortion - she had NINE (step) brothers and sisters - one of who was a lesbian. Okay - so it's bad enough that Bachman is one of the leaders of the anti-gay movement when her sister is gay, but get this... Her family was upset about her position on gay folks, so they took her to some "get to know the gay folks" event to basically show her... "Hey - dumbass - gay folks are just like everyone else." Of course it didn't work - she's still working against the evil gay disease. But to top that off (believe it or not - you can top that if you're Michelle Bachman) - when it became public knowledge that her sister was gay Bachman said she "polled her family"(!!!) and "most" of them agree with her position on the gay thing. Get that? She polled her family to see if they hated her sister as much as she does (Bachman believes "gay" is caused by Satan - that's no exaggeration) and - according to her - "most" of them agree.

"Hello mom? How you doin' today? Oh I'm fine - just busy representing Minnesota down here in DC. Listen... you got a moment there? I'm taking a poll... do you think Sis is the spawn of Satan? You do? Great - I'll put you down as a YES vote. Thanks so much - well, I'm going to have to let you go now... I'm running for president!"
Re: Michelle Bachman's lesbian sister
June 16, 2011 08:39AM
I know you're being serious, but ... ROFLMFAO!!!!
Anonymous User
June 16, 2011 10:45AM
Doesn't Newt have a lesbian sister too? I don't think he's been as virulently anti-gay as Bachman, but he's no friend to gay Americans either.
June 16, 2011 02:08PM
So you are saying she has a personal phobia about gays?
pb
June 16, 2011 06:10PM
Curt,

Define anti-gay.
June 16, 2011 06:17PM
Well, denying them the same civil rights as other citizens of the United States is pretty anti-gay.

pb
June 16, 2011 06:26PM
Ponderer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, denying them the same civil rights as other
> citizens of the United States is pretty anti-gay.

Does she do that?
June 16, 2011 06:36PM
Certainly anyone who actively promotes denying marriage equality for gays and lesbians does, yes.

pb
June 16, 2011 07:38PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> Certainly anyone who actively promotes denying
> marriage equality for gays and lesbians does, yes.

Not according to the populace of the State of California.
June 16, 2011 07:51PM
She's an evangelical, pb. Those nutbars believe being gay is a personal choice and a sin. She is actively working against gay rights on all levels.
pb
June 16, 2011 07:57PM
Indy! Wrote:
> She's an evangelical, pb. Those nutbars believe
> being gay is a personal choice and a sin.

I don't think that your characterization is correct on either point. Most evangelicals I know personally accept the fact that at least some people who engage in same sex sex have a natural inclination for same sex sex. And, the evangelicals I know don't believe that BEING gay is a sin. They almost all believe that practicing gay sex is a sin.

> She is
> actively working against gay rights on all levels.

All levels? What does that mean?
Anonymous User
June 16, 2011 08:06PM
I believe that pb could grasp the concept of anti-gay if he'd replace the word "gay" and its synonyms with the word "Christian". For example a if Bachman or any politician advocated that Christians should not be able to marry each other, or that it was OK to deny Christians the right to serve in the military or be teachers., he'd understand it.
pb
June 16, 2011 08:13PM
Curt Anderson Wrote:
> I believe that pb could grasp the concept of
> anti-gay if he'd replace the word "gay" and its
> synonyms with the word "Christian". For example
> a if Bachman or any politician advocated that
> Christians should not be able to marry each other,
> or that it was OK to deny Christians the right to
> serve in the military or be teachers., he'd
> understand it.

How much of that is true of ma belle?
June 16, 2011 08:19PM
pb Wrote:
> All levels? What does that mean?

all   [awl] Show IPA
–adjective
1. the whole of (used in referring to quantity, extent, or duration): all the cake; all the way; all year.
2. the whole number of (used in referring to individuals or particulars, taken collectively): all students.
3. the greatest possible (used in referring to quality or degree): with all due respect; with all speed.

level lev·el (lěv'əl)
n.
1. Relative position or rank on a graded scale, such as mental or emotional development.
2. A relative degree, as of intensity or concentration.
pb
June 16, 2011 08:21PM
Then she's doesn't oppose gay rights on all levels.
June 16, 2011 08:23PM
Outstanding, Curt. thumbs up

You either support equal rights or you don't. There is no in-between with equality.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2011 08:24PM by PowerToThePeople.
pb
June 16, 2011 08:25PM
PowerToThePeople Wrote:
> Outstanding, Curt. thumbs up
>
> You either support equal rights or you don't.
> There is no in-between with equality.

What right does she oppose for gays?
Sam
June 16, 2011 08:29PM
Pb has admitted to cheating on his wife multiple times. I don't think his opinion about anything counts for much when it comes to the 'sanctity of marriage' as is his basis for denying gays the right to marry someone of the same sex.
pb
June 16, 2011 08:31PM
Sam Wrote:
> Pb has admitted to cheating on his wife multiple
> times. I don't think his opinion about anything
> counts for much when it comes to the 'sanctity of
> marriage' as is his basis for denying gays the
> right to marry someone of the same sex.

What's the correlation, there, sam?
June 16, 2011 08:42PM
I guess, pb, that you don't know much of anything about Bachman if you don't even know she speaks out against same-sex marriage.

June 16, 2011 08:43PM
Gay rights just aren't important to Bachman. What rights ARE important to Bachman? How about the...

"Light Bulb Freedom of Choice Act"

[thehill.com]
June 16, 2011 09:10PM
Gay rights just aren't important to Bachman. - Indy!

Oh, I disagree. Gay rights are very important to Bachmann; she's working very hard to kill them.
June 16, 2011 09:38PM
"Lots of politicians talk about a sinister homosexual agenda. Bachmann, who has made opposition to gay rights a cornerstone of her career, seems genuinely to believe in one. Her conviction trumps even her once close relationship with her lesbian stepsister. "What an amazing imagination," marvels Arnold. "Her ideology is so powerful that she can construct a reality just on a moment's notice.""

thedailybeast.com

Now, the most hypocritical candidate who seems to contradict herself the most, so far, in my opinion is Michele Bachmann; so there's a good chance she will move up in the polls very rapidly. Last night, for one, we heard her say that as president she would support changing the Constitution to define marriage as only between a man and a woman, but she wouldn't go into states like New Hampshire and make them change their laws regrading same sex marriage. So, we know she wants to amend the constitution to no longer leave it up to the states which is how the issue is handled right now. But she claims she also wants to leave it up to states like New Hampshire. She makes a great deal of sense. She believes in the 10th amendment, but she doesn't.

dailykos

I love that one. She would seek to change the constitution to mandate that marriage could only be between one woman and one man... but she would support states not abiding by the constitution.

The woman is a complete moron.

June 16, 2011 09:54PM
Ponderer Wrote:

> The woman is a complete moron.

Which is why she's one of the GOP frontrunners.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!