Forum Index Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post in these forums: Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Irresponsible parents blame teachers for their children's poor scholastic performance

Posted by Anonymous User 
James Cessna, a self-described Black man, has been ranting about teachers and in particular the lousy test scores by his inner city brethren. Show me a student who gets consistently poor grades and I'll show you parents uninvolved in their kid's education, parents who don't read to their kids, parents who don't check their kids homework and parents who won't attend parent-teacher conferences. Only about 15% of a child's year is spent in the classroom. Parents have the prime responsibility to make the most of that other 85% and that includes turning off the TV and video games occasionally, discussing issues at the dinner table; visiting museums, libraries, parks and cultural events; and getting proper sleep.

James, my advice to you is to worry less about the quality of teachers, and expect and demand more from your kids and your fellow parents.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2011 01:59AM by Curt Anderson.
Re: Irresponsible parents blame teachers for their children's poor scholastic performance
February 21, 2011 01:57AM
Bingo, Curt. The parents are what needs focusing on. Not further gutting schools already on the brink of collapse.

"I hate it when people compare Dick Cheney to Darth Vader. Vader never avoided military service." -John Fugelsang
Thanks Ponderer. It's shame that James blames others and won't take personal responsibility. By the way, I spent yesterday with my son at his district wrestling tournament (he did well by the way). My wife and I brought him to three different concert halls this weekend where he played violin with the Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon.
Re: Irresponsible parents blame teachers for their children's poor scholastic performance
February 21, 2011 02:37AM
He's a very lucky kid, Curt. thumbs up

"I hate it when people compare Dick Cheney to Darth Vader. Vader never avoided military service." -John Fugelsang
Curt Anderson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> James, my advice to you is to worry less about the
> quality of teachers, and expect and demand more
> from your kids and your fellow parents.

Again, Curt, you are very wrong.

My children do very well in public school. It would be very selfish of me and my wife to be happy with the schools our children attend and not care on “wit” about other black families who are not as fortunate or as successful as we are.

Unlike the far Left liberals in this group, I care more for my fellow man than I do for the teachers' unions who feed at the public trough and provide nothing in return to the wonderful, selfless tax payers. Tax payers like you and me and the families who live and work in the inner cities outside our protected gated communities.

James

February 21, 2011 03:08AM
James Cessna Wrote:
>
> My children do very well in public school. It
> would be very selfish of me and my wife to be
> happy with the schools our children attend and not
> care on “wit” about other black families who
> are not as fortunate or as successful as we are.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but out of "mr Cessna"s 1000+ posts, this is the very first one where he has claimed to "care" about ... ahem... "other" black families or anyone - black or white - less fortunate than himself. All I've seen is the same old redneck white trash Red Party whining about helping the rich get richer. Nothing - not a single word one way or the other about helping anyone who actually needs it.
February 21, 2011 03:09AM
Enough with the Sarah Palin cartoons already!!!

Indy! Wrote:
> James Cessna Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> > My children do very well in public school. It
> > would be very selfish of me and my wife to be
> > happy with the schools our children attend and
> > not care on “wit” about other black families
> > who are not as fortunate or as successful as we are.

> All I've decided I should see is the same
> old whining about
> helping the rich get richer. Nothing - not a
> single word one way or the other about helping
> anyone who (??) actually needs it.

Indy lives in his own little world. But it’s okay. They know him there.
Jimmy Boy, You've already used that cartoon.
Cascade Wrote:
> Jimmy Boy, You've already used that cartoon.

Yes, but this time it's used in a different application.

And it is so damn true and so damn effective!

James
No it's not Jimmy Boy, it's lame and repetitive. It's boring and shows a lazy intellect.
February 21, 2011 03:49AM
He's probably going to be cutting back on a lot of that repetitive posting actually.

Oh yeah?

Even if he doesn't want to huh?

That would be nice.
February 21, 2011 05:48AM
curt, you are right on. it's all about the home. wife is a public school teacher in a marginal district.

they can hammer the teachers all they want (and do) - the deadwood stays dead.

my favorite part is the nclb. where the districts are forced to overspend on the deadwood (and thus underspend on the achievers) trying to get them to pass the test. this is so wrong it's outrageous - punishing your hard workers to try and prop up the segment that doesn't give a damn
Cascade Wrote:
> No it's not Jimmy Boy, it's lame and repetitive.
> It's boring and shows a lazy intellect.

Yes, but this time it's used in a different application.

And it is so damn true and so damn effective!

James
No. It's small-minded, stupid and repetitive. It shows your lack of ability to think critically or engage in actual dialogue.

Your entire presence here on this board is a sham and you drag down the level of conversation here with your boorish posts.

You sir, are a fraud and an idiot.
February 21, 2011 02:05PM
When my wife worked as a teacher, she had parents who sent their kids off to school without even a pencil.
And I'm not talking about very poor or homeless kids.
She taught at a Catholic School where all the families were middle class or higher.
They had to be to afford the tuition.

Mac.
February 21, 2011 03:37PM
Mac McFadden Wrote:
> When my wife worked as a teacher, she had parents
> who sent their kids off to school without even a
> pencil.
> And I'm not talking about very poor or homeless
> kids.
> She taught at a Catholic School where all the
> families were middle class or higher.
> They had to be to afford the tuition.
>
>
> Mac.

Absolutely 100% spot on. We have a generation that thinks parenting belongs to someone other than the people that produced the children. WTF do people get the idea that it's someone else responsibility for everything hmm?

February 21, 2011 04:45PM
You are completely right for once, whats.

But still... we might as well keep blaming it all on the schools, right? We might as well use public schools themselves as the scapegoat to blame the problems on since your side wants to see them destroyed anyway, right? Why waste a perfectly good scapegoat, right?

February 21, 2011 11:38PM

WTF do people get the idea that it's someone else responsibility for everything hmm?
From Republiklans who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions.
They start a war; they blame it on someone else.
They destroy the economy; they blame it on someone else.
They phuk a staffer's wife; they blame it on someone else.*
*actually in that one Senator Ensign just BOUGHT his way out.

Mac
The parents are always the child's first educators!

This is true in intellectual matters, as well as matters of work ethic and responsibility. Blaming the teachers on your child's poor grades or behaviour teaches the children a powerful lesson: they do not have to take responsibility for themselves.

Some parents show outright disrespect to educators. Great lesson! I wonder how they expect that to help their child grow into a responsible, successful adult! Just asking...
Some parents show outright disrespect to educators. Great lesson! I wonder how they expect that to help their child grow into a responsible, successful adult! Just asking... So the reason that the education decline in all our government schools is the parents fault, is that what you are trying to say.
Lazy parents - who post on message boards, pretend to be black, claiming their children are doing well
maybe should be more honest with themselves.

Give him a nickel every time hisname gets mentioned. Why else is he here?
I've been saying all along that accountability is the key. The problem is that since "big government" steps in and tells parents what they can and can't do, feed the kiddies in the morning, does day care all day, then feeds them at night, the parents can blame the teachers all they want. They have been stripped of responsibility and thrown it on teachers (and the schools). If schools were there just to teach, and teachers were empowered to do their jobs, and leave child care to parents (e.g. make them responsible for their own children), the problem would be solved.

Bigdaddy government says otherwise.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum