Bookmark and Share  
Home Forum Index Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology Join Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

What does an upside down American flag mean?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
February 20, 2011 04:38AM
The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:
THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.

(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal.

As a result of the many traitors and enemies we as a free people have, both foreign and domestic, as a result of the many unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed against US citizens and their life, liberty and property, and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous border policy, I believe the life, liberty and property of US Citizens are in dire danger and distress.

However, some people in the United States fly their flags that way simply to be disrespectful and offensive. For these, I hope that there is a special level of Hell.
Re: What does an upside down American flag mean?
February 20, 2011 05:26AM
12th Imam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> However, some people in the United States fly
> their flags that way simply to be disrespectful
> and offensive. For these, I hope that there is a
> special level of Hell.

I could not agree more, Imam. I hope the Hispanic “dipshits” and Spanish “tacobreeds” who frequently fly our flag this way get taken out by the Mexican drug cartels and forever rot in hell.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/OceanTraveler52/mexico_flag_over_us_flag1-1.jpg
February 20, 2011 05:29AM
That's the first time I've ever seen the Mexican flag and American flag displayed together like that.

What are you trying to say, James, ***

*** removed for sensitivity to real African Americans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 07:41AM by PowerToThePeople.
February 20, 2011 05:50AM
PowerToThePeople Wrote:
> That's the first time I've ever seen the Mexican
> flag and American flag displayed together like
> that.
>

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/OceanTraveler52/bushbaby-2-2.jpg

HTTP lives in own sweet little world. But its okay. They know her there.

Hey, dipshit,

It happens all the time at the entrances to the public schools and libraries in Arizona, California, and Texas. It is a sign of contempt for our values and our heritage as U.S. citizens. The Taco "half-breeds" who do this love to stick their finger in our eye and declare Mexico, by means of illegal immigration, will one day take over (in their silly words, reclaim!) the entire southwest region of the United States.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 06:04AM by James Cessna.
February 20, 2011 05:52AM
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/OceanTraveler52/LaRaza.jpg

I wonder where these loyalties lie? ... Is there really any question? "La Raza" means "the race", as in "ethnic" race by the way.
HHH
February 20, 2011 06:07AM
Seriously, provide the address for one public building where the Mexican flag and US flag are displayed in this manner.

February 20, 2011 06:21AM
Just as they pretend to know the Constitution when not a single wingnut has ever read it - much less actually understood it, so too are wingnuts just as ignorant when it comes to the laws concerning our flag. "Cessna/Imam" is lying when he says public schools and libraries fly the flag in the manner of that photshopped pic because - for one thing - it is illegal to fly any other flag higher than the US flag when there are multiple flags displayed at one time. In rare circumstances - like in front of the UN - other flags will be displayed at the same height as ours - but never higher.Certainly not in front of any public facility like a school or a library. Maybe in front of some freeper's house like "Imam/Cessna"s here - I can see that bozo flying the NASCAR flag or the Klan flag higher - but not in a public space.

And not to further rain on your parade, but everytime I see a flag hanging in front of some wingnut's house, it's out there when it rains (illegal), it's out there at night without a light on it (illegal) and many times it is touching the ground (illegal). They are usually tattered because they are always the cheap ass $5 nylon flags you get at Walmart (also illegal). The most famous wingnut to wrap himself in a flag - George W. AWOL - broke the law by literally wrapping himself in the flag. Remember the flag jacket he proudly displayed at some wingnut flesh-pressing event? Also illegal. Yup, when it comes to breaking the laws concerning the flag - nobody can top the wingnuts.
February 20, 2011 06:34AM
HHH Wrote:
> Seriously, provide the address for one public
> building where the Mexican flag and US flag are
> displayed in this manner.

I know it is true and you know it is true.

Many articles in many local newspapers have been written about this practice.
However, most of these incidents were covered up by the MSM for fear of a backlash against the Hispanics who promote and sanction this reprehensible conduct.

By the way, do a Google search yourself. I am not going to do your work for you.
HHH
February 20, 2011 07:01AM
Yeah. Wouldn't want you to lift a finger to prove what you claim is true. That would be asking too much, now wouldn't it?

February 20, 2011 07:02AM
I think you have that backwards. We're not going to do your work for you. Unless you can back up your... ahem... BULLSH!T - there's no reason to believe anything you've ever said. Especially since you and I know you started lying the first day you came on this board.
February 20, 2011 11:43AM
Indy,

RE: Your post @ February 19, 2011 11:21PM .... are you intentionally exaggerating when you say "illegal?" Those items are not illegal, they're simply contrary to the flag code.

Also, RE: flying the American flag at the same height as other flags when multiple flags are displayed — that's not rare at all. You're correct that the American flag should not be flown lower than the others, but same height is acceptable as long as the American flag is the presenter's right, and plenty of places (businesses, hotels, stadiums) fly a set of three equal-height staves out front.

It is against international law to fly a national flag higher than another when multiple national flags are flown together.
February 20, 2011 01:45PM
"The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress." -12th Imam

That's exactly why I've been flying it that way for quite some time now. Since about the time the economy went to hell because of all the bank deregulation led to the economic meltdown.

"(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."

Exactly.

http://imgdump.novarata.net/image.php?di=WN26
Anonymous User
February 20, 2011 04:32PM
An upside-down flag is a distress signal, indicating that people’s lives or property are in danger. With the election of Obama and Biden, lives are in danger: all the unborn babies that will die as the result of abortion.

[www.journalgazette.net]
February 20, 2011 06:05PM
Indy! Wrote:
> I think you have that backwards. We're not going
> to do your work for you. Unless you can back up
> your... ahem... BULLSH!T - there's no reason to
> believe anything you've ever said. Especially
> since you and I know you started lying the first
> day you came on this board.

You are funny!

Get over yourself! I really could give a “rat’s ass” if you believe me or not.

I know the statement is true and most other enlightened, well-read people know it is true. Besides you are the kind of person who only believes what you want to believe.

Your attitude is, “My mind is made up; please don’t confuse me with facts!”

What you believe or don’t believe makes no difference to us whatsoever!

Sincerely,

James

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/OceanTraveler52/CandleandFlower-1.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2011 06:06PM by James Cessna.
HHH
February 20, 2011 06:12PM
Then it would be easy enough for you to produce a list of public buildings where this is done (if it is really the case).

February 20, 2011 06:27PM
It's shouldn't be hard to just google it and show us some slinks James.

Or maybe it's just not true.
February 20, 2011 06:41PM
12th, if you want to interpret it that way, you just go right ahead. I intended it to be symbolic more of the doom and destruction this country has faced and will continue to face in ever growing degree from the obvious handover of our government, spearheaded by the GOP, to a blatant plutocracy. But if you want to focus on one tiny issue, as the vast majority of Republicans and other conservatives always tend to do, that literally has no bearing whatsoever on the impending economic doom faced by this country from the likes of "public servants" who conspire to hand over hundreds of billions of dollars of tax money we don't have to the richest few people... who conspire to hand over billions of dollars of tax money we don't have to corporations already wallowing in psychotic, record breaking profits... who conspire to deregulate corporations from being responsible for any sociopathic actions they take... who conspire to give these richest corporations unlimited power and access to the reins of what's left of our electoral process... who conspire actively and with more effectiveness every day in fighting to destroy the middle class in America..... you just go right ahead. Since, as it has become more and more obvious that you are actually an agent of these elements here to disseminate your propaganda, lies and distortions, it's no surprise that you wouldn't be focusing on the real distress and danger going on all around you in this country since it was of course your handlers primarily who started it all.

Now... obfuscate away, O most important of The Prophet's Imams...

February 20, 2011 06:47PM
http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd507/OceanTraveler52/2006-04-07_Immigration_Protest.jpg

The Mexican flag flew over a crowd of pro-amnesty marchers in New York. Marches like this across the U.S. have been supported by the “La Raza” movement. (Reuters/Seth Wenig)
February 20, 2011 06:48PM
James is lying. Again. He has no links to back up what he is claiming. Again. If he wasn't lying, he'd back up his crap.

Your bullshit is becoming excessively tedious, James. You make these ludicrous claims, probably based at best on what you picked from some anonymous viral email, and then it's up to us to find data to back it up. As if supporting what you post in here is our responsibility. That is bullshit, James. And it's getting mighty tedious indeed.

February 20, 2011 06:49PM
"The Mexican flag flew over a crowd of pro-amnesty marchers in New York. Marches like this across the U.S. have been supported by the “La Raza” movement. (Reuters/Seth Wenig)" -James

What's your point?

I mean besides obfuscating a lie that you want us to forget you can't back up?

February 20, 2011 06:54PM
Ponderer Wrote:
> Now... obfuscate away, O most important of The
> Prophet's Imams...

Ponderer,

You are funny!

The truth could hit you and your sleep-over friends square in the face and you still would not accept it!

"MEChA and the La Raza movement teach that Colorado, California, Arizona, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, Oregon and parts of Washington State make up an area known as "Aztlan" -- a fictional ancestral homeland of the Aztecs before Europeans arrived in North America. As such, it belongs to the followers of MEChA. These are all areas America should surrender to "La Raza" once enough immigrants, legal or illegal, enter to claim a majority, as in Los Angeles. The current borders of the United States will simply be extinguished. "

If these morally sickening MEChA quotes were coming from some fringe website, Americans could at least console themselves that it was just a small group of nuts behind it. Nearly every racial and ethnic group has some shady characters and positions in its past and some unbalanced individuals today claiming racial superiority and demanding separatism. But this is coming straight from the official MEChA sites at Georgetown University, the University of Texas, UCLA, University of Michigan, University of Colorado, University of Oregon, and many other colleges and universities around the country.

[groups.google.com]
February 20, 2011 07:00PM
Hey James... ya wanna post an actual link instead of that bullshit fake one you typed at the bottom of your post? Have you literally no shame at all??

Tediouser and tediouser.....

February 20, 2011 07:03PM
And I was inviting 12th to obfuscate away. He is so much better at this than you are. Is he your supervisor by any chance. Something like your "closer"?

Anonymous User
February 20, 2011 07:05PM
Ye who disgraces our flag with your slanted progressive views should be ashamed, for disrespecting our flag.
HHH
February 20, 2011 07:08PM
Bwaaack! You made me sick again!

February 20, 2011 07:23PM
It's the people, mainly the Republican party, who actually put this country into the dire, imminently dangerous position it is in who should be ashamed.

But fat chance of that. Sociopaths are incapable of experiencing shame.

Ye can GFY, Imam.

HHH
February 20, 2011 07:27PM
Conflict makes me sick. I'll be calling off work tomorrow with the teachers.

February 20, 2011 08:01PM
Ye can GFY, Imam. What does GFY stand for?.
February 20, 2011 08:05PM
Doesn't matter. You wouldn't do it anyway.

Anonymous User
February 20, 2011 08:11PM
Why do you say that i might like it.
February 20, 2011 08:13PM
You probably would.... you probably would...

February 20, 2011 11:21PM

It means you have finally pulled your head out of your ass, now it's time to straighten up.

Mac
Anonymous User
February 21, 2011 11:34PM
It means you have finally pulled your head out of your ass, now it's time to straighten up.

that is an awful thing to say to panderer you hurt her feelings.
Anonymous User
February 21, 2011 11:37PM
that is an awful thing to say to panderer you hurt her feelings.
February 22, 2011 12:08AM
12th,
My comment was directed to YOU.
That's why I quoted your original post.

"Pog ma Thon"

Mac

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2011 12:09AM by Mac McFadden.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum