Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Rep. Val Demings of Florida for Vice President.
She would be a double first. Watch the ex-police chief rip Trump as a "habitual offender".
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

bernanke and paulson - tale of two fools

Posted by txcup 
bernanke and paulson - tale of two fools
April 20, 2009 07:16AM
THESE TWO ARE EITHER LIARS OR INCOMPETENTS - EITHER WAY, THEY ARE BOTH DUBIOUS AND SHOULD BE IN PRISON

March 13th, 2007 – Henry Paulson: “the fallout in subprime mortgages is "going to be painful to some lenders, but it is largely contained."

March 28th, 2007 – Ben Bernanke: "At this juncture . . . the impact on the broader economy and financial markets of the problems in the subprime markets seems likely to be contained,"

April 20th, 2007 – Paulson: "I don't see (subprime mortgage market troubles) imposing a serious problem. I think it's going to be largely contained." , "All the signs I look at" show "the housing market is at or near the bottom,"

May 17th, 2007 – Bernanke: “While rising delinquencies and foreclosures will continue to weigh heavily on the housing market this year, it will not cripple the U.S.”

June 20th, 2007 – Bernanke: (the subprime fallout) ``will not affect the economy overall.''

July 12th, 2007 – Paulson: "This is far and away the strongest global economy I've seen in my business lifetime."

August 1st, 2007 – Paulson: "I see the underlying economy as being very healthy,"

October 15th, 2007 – Bernanke: "It is not the responsibility of the Federal Reserve - nor would it be appropriate - to protect lenders and investors from the consequences of their financial decisions."

February 14th, 2008 – Paulson: (the economy) "is fundamentally strong, diverse and resilient."

February 28th, 2008 – Paulson: "I'm seeing a series of ideas suggested involving major government intervention in the housing market, and these things are usually presented or sold as a way of helping homeowners stay in their homes. Then when you look at them more carefully what they really amount to is a bailout for financial institutions or Wall Street."

February 29th, 2008 – Bernanke: "I expect there will be some failures. I don't anticipate any serious problems of that sort among the large internationally active banks that make up a very substantial part of our banking system."

March 16th, 2008 – Paulson: "We've got strong financial institutions . . . Our markets are the envy of the world. They're resilient, they're...innovative, they're flexible. I think we move very quickly to address situations in this country, and, as I said, our financial institutions are strong."

Mar 18th, 2008 - Bear Stearns Bailout Announced

May 7, 2008 – Paulson: 'The worst is likely to be behind us,”

May 16th, 2008 – Paulson: "In my judgment, we are closer to the end of the market turmoil than the beginning," he said.

June 9th, 2008 – Bernanke: Despite a recent spike in the nation's unemployment rate, the danger that the economy has fallen into a "substantial downturn" appears to have waned,

July 16th, 2008 – Bernanke: (Freddie and Fannie) “…will make it through the storm”, "… in no danger of failing.","…adequately capitalized"

July 20th, 2008 – Paulson: "it's a safe banking system, a sound banking system. Our regulators are on top of it. This is a very manageable situation."

August 10th, 2008 – Paulson: ``We have no plans to insert money into either of those two institutions.” (Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac)
Re: bernanke and paulson - tale of two fools
April 20, 2009 05:20PM
opinions please - do you think they are liars or incompetents?
HHH
April 20, 2009 08:54PM
I think you're incompetent.

April 20, 2009 09:40PM
I think he's a liar.

(So now that we are out of options, is this the end of the thread?)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 09:40PM by Henry M. Paulson.
April 20, 2009 09:44PM
hp - still waiting on other people's opinions. i could go get more quotes from the incompetents (or liars)...but that would be beating a dead horse. i've proven my point.
April 20, 2009 10:41PM
Incompetent or a liar?

Those are the only two options?

So anyone who for the last few years wasn't blowing the alarm horn for full-scale collapse of our economy was either lying or incompetent? Or just these guys?

April 20, 2009 10:48PM
head of the treasury, chairman of the federal reserve - cant see where the economy is going? while the people that i follow could - it was obvious! yes, only two answers - liars or incompetents. you have another handle for them? maybe imbiciles....or imposters?
Anonymous User
April 21, 2009 01:28AM
My opinion is that they are both dbl. talkng politicians that don't really have the best interest of any in mind & are only interested in their personal silk pocket protectors
HHH
April 21, 2009 02:01AM
Do you put your hands in your silk pocket protectors when noone is looking?

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!