Forum Index Tips & Rules
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post in these forums: Politics Philosophy Diversions Theology
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Visited the Book Depository in Dallas where Kennedy was shot

Visited the Book Depository in Dallas where Kennedy was shot
December 29, 2008 07:22AM
I have been so busy I forgot to relay my fascinating visit to the JFK Assaination site.

Interesting facts:

1) I was on the floor where Oswald was supposed to have shot Kennedy through the Window. Trees block the view of the road where Kennedy was hit from that window. (same time of year and the trees are the same ones that were in the photo)

2) Met a brother on the grassy knoll who has volunteered there for some 25 years. The Kennedy Memorial wall was there before Kennedy was shot. He showed where the shots came from and pictures of Oswald and Ruby together as in they knew each other before the killing. An eyewitness also testified to this.

3) There is no way the bullet made all those holes with virtually no damage and was found on the gurney of JFK.

After a thorough review of the evidence, our government by and through the war brokers orchestrated and planned the hit of our President.

If you are ever in dallas I highly recommend it. I had to come home to St Louis for Christmas but will be on the move again in the next week or so.
Re: Visited the Book Depository in Dallas where Kennedy was shot
December 29, 2008 07:51AM
Wow interesting info GPP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

President Eisenhower
Anonymous User
December 29, 2008 08:56AM
Greener Pastures Pub Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> (same time of year and the trees are
> the same ones that were in the photo)
>

GPP,
How can the trees that were there 45 years ago be the same ones as the ones that are there now, or if they are the same ones, be the same size?
HHH
December 29, 2008 04:48PM
Apologist.

December 29, 2008 04:56PM
A comparitive analysis of photos from the day of the assination and the day I was there were remarkably similar. The follage on the trees made it impossible to see. I was there on the anniversary of the shooting so it was the same time of the year etc. The historic preservation people have kept everything as it was on that day they could possibly preserve.

Oswald could not have killed the President with one Pristine bullet and hit the Governor as well. The weapon was not capable of that. I believe Oswald did shoot the police officer whe he realized he had been set up.

Look at all the evidence when you go. Oswald was a creation of the government. he could not have been every where he was reported to have been. Oswald was a patsy which is exactly what he said he was. Oswald was planted at the book depository and told to wait. He was set up. Ruby shot him to keep him from mounting a defense. Much like today it was to keep a war going for the families that benefitted financially from its continuation with the complicity of our government.

The military was even ordered to stand down that day instead of offering assistance and protection. What kind of secret service sends a President into hostile territory in a convertible through high rise buildings? A full page letter was takin out in the Dallas Paper by the republicans who opposed him. Dallas was indeed a hostile location for Kennedy to visit. Extra precautions should have been taken not relaxed. It was a coup to put Johnson in office and continue the war.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2008 04:58PM by Greener Pastures Pub.
HHH
December 29, 2008 05:09PM
*wappa, wappa, wappa* black helicopters over your house, GPP.

December 29, 2008 05:34PM
HHH I always believed Oswald killed Kennedy and wrote off the conspiracy theories etc. But when you go in person and see the place yourself. The explanation simply is unbelievable. The layout, the bullet, the videotapes of eye witnesses all contradict Oswald being the killer.

Go look for yourself. I went to cover the anniversary of the shooting and toured for that but at the end my conclusion was no fooking way. It defies logic and common sense.

If Oswald was in that window he would have had a clear shot before the car turned. He did not have a clear shot from that window where Kennedy was actually shot. Had to come from the Grassy Knoll like the witnesses said or from the Castle on the other side of the street.

The Prisoners in the jail watched the whole thing and they all said the shots and the smoke came from the grassy knoll.
December 29, 2008 05:35PM
I wonder what Caroline Kennedy would say if you ask her who she thought killed her father and who was behind it?
Anonymous User
December 29, 2008 05:52PM
GPP, it is to damn bad you didn't say this sooner. I reside nearby and have frequently visited the same site, and I agree...NO FUKING WAY THE OFFICIAL STORY HAPPENED!
December 29, 2008 07:03PM
Dan is right. If you go there you will realize that it is all a bunch of Bull Sheet. That does go to show the more impossible you make a story the more people are likely to believe it.

The brother outside the place knows more than any of the people in the Musuem. He sells a newspaper that shows the real story. How the official story is Bull Sheet and why it is Bull Sheet. He can answer almost any question in a thoughtful and analytical way that does not defy logic.

Go there and judge for yourself.
December 29, 2008 07:07PM
I wonder what Caroline Kennedy has to say about the death of her father? Whether she knows it was our government. I have never heard either whom Jackie Kennedy thought was behind his death and where she thought the shots were coming from. Interesting why crawl off the back of the car when the shots were coming from behind?
December 29, 2008 09:17PM
Ah, there are trees in the way so therefore it was a hit by our government. Conspiracy theorists are so logical it's impossible to refute them.
December 30, 2008 12:29AM
Linc it is but one of many serious inconsistencies and impossibilities. What makes it so convincing that the government was involved is the Secret Services orders and the militarys orders to stand down before the hit

I am not a conpiracy theorist. If you go there you will see the official version of what happens is utter nonsense. I have always maintained that the conspiracy theory was silly but after going there the official version is the one that is silly.

Before you speak go see for yourself. Did not happen could not have happened they way they say.

Explain a bullet that hit 7 times without any marks or damage. The magic bullet
December 30, 2008 12:46AM
In his massive new book on the murder, Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy (W.W. Norton), former Los Angeles prosecutor Vincent Bugliosi concludes that an unstable Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing Kennedy, and incisively dissects every conspiracy theory: the CIA, the FBI, the KGB, Castro, the mob, LBJ, and others.

This weighty, 1600-plus page book—with a CD ROM of more than one thousand pages of endnotes—has been praised for its comprehensive narrative and its presentation of conspiracy theories, exposing selective use of evidence and flawed logic. The Los Angeles Times Book Review called Reclaiming History “a book for the ages.” The book is bound to stir debate, but many critics agree that it will be a starting point for future researchers. [...]

Vincent Bugliosi: Here, everything pointed toward Oswald’s guilt. All the physical evidence, all the scientific evidence. Everything he said, everything he did. In Reclaiming History, at the end of book one, I set forth 53 separate pieces of evidence pointing toward Oswald’s guilt. It would not be humanly possible for this man to be innocent and still have 53 pieces of evidence pointing toward his guilt. Only in a fantasy world can you have 53 pieces of evidence pointing toward guilt and still be innocent.

Quickly, five pieces: Oswald’s Mannlicher-Carcano rifle was the murder weapon. That’s pretty heavy by itself. Oswald was the only employee at the Book Depository Building who fled the building after the assassination. Forty-five minutes later, he shoots and kills Officer J. D. Tippit, Dallas Police Department. That murder bore the signature of a man in desperate flight from some awful deed. Thirty minutes later at a Texas theatre he resists arrest, pulls a gun on the arresting officer. During his interrogation, [Oswald] told one provable lie after another, showing a consciousness of guilt.

From [hnn.us]

"When they say there’s not enough money, they mean there’s not enough money for YOU." - Jill Stein, Green Party presidential nominee.
December 30, 2008 01:18AM
"Did not happen could not have happened they way they say." -GPP

That's 'cuz the way they said it happened is wrong. We've heard a lot of assumptions and assertions about the positioning of Kennedy in the car and how the bullet passed through him and Connally that are just wrong. The bullet didn't need to be "magic" either.

We saw a very well made documentary a while back on this. It is quite possible to make a straight line through all the points the bullet passed without the "magic" contortions. You just have to have Kennedy and Connally in the correct positions first. And they conducted detailed test firings through equatable materials, even going through bone, with the same rounds from the same model and make of rifle and the bullet looked fine afterwards. And it practically fell out of the last hole it exited.

December 30, 2008 03:22AM
Linc, According to the conspiracy theorists Brutus helped kill Ceasar. In reality we all know Caesar fell on his own knife by accident.

You yourself not so long ago said how silly it is that people think this stuff no longer goes on these days.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."

President Eisenhower
December 30, 2008 04:08AM
Actually, this was even setup by Mythbusters and it was PROVEN beyond a shadow of a doubt to be completely plausible. In fact the bullets tumbled JUST like it was stated. The science supports the official story.
December 30, 2008 04:25AM
Mythbusters???? That is not scientific. I was there. saw the window I saw the grassy knoll I saw the zaprueder film and It did not not happen the way the official explanation states.

What about all the witnesses wiho testified that the shots came from the grassy knoll. That there was a man with a weapon at the grassy knoll and that other witnesses saw the same man get out of truck with a rifle or shotgun further that the man was not Oswald.

Go there to the book depository Whats Did not happen

Why did the secret service stand down as well as the military on that day.

Republicans wanted war and they killed the President to get it. Republicans will do anything to keep America in an endless war as we see first hand in the middle east today.
December 30, 2008 06:35AM
I've been to the site. We drove the very route and I recall looking back at the book depository as we drove. I don't recall the view being obscured by any trees at any point. This was about 10 years ago.

December 30, 2008 06:45AM
You need to get up into the room where he was shot. The corner is glassed off where Oswald allegedly sat but if you go to the next set of windows it is immediately apparent. Did you tour the depository? You have to get out and look.
December 30, 2008 06:54AM
You have to look down from the window The branches obscure the view. The trees do not drop their leaves until late December and Kennedy was shot in November. [www.panoramio.com]

Here is one taken in the 60s but notice the tops of the trees would have obscured part of the view
[flickr.com]
December 30, 2008 06:56AM
[www.flickr.com]

Here is the grassy Knoll and a shot of the building Note that the tree with the square on it is not the tree that obscured the window but merely demonstrates where the window is in relationship to the rest of the picture.
December 30, 2008 07:52AM

Close to the building the view of a car on the raod may be partially obscured but farther along, where the limo was when the shots were fired, there is a perfectly clear line of sight to the road. In the bottom picture, the 3rd dark car at the head of the line is right about where the limo was when the money shot got him.

December 30, 2008 08:00AM

This is the shot with the most obscured view I could find. It was taken from the sidewalk and the road is still in the line of sight from the window. Check out where this tree is in the wider angle shot in the post above. Practically the whole road was a clear shot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2008 08:02AM by Ponderer.
December 30, 2008 05:15PM
Pondy I was THERE IN THE 6th FLOOR THE VIEW IS OBSCURED BY BRANCHES. GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF
December 30, 2008 05:24PM
Umm, don't you think the tree may have been a tad different decades ago?
December 30, 2008 07:01PM
I have never believed that Lee H. Oswald was the shooter. For several years following the assassination, I read everything I could get my hands on that had to do with it, including even, the bazillion page 'Warren Commission Report Summary' (though not the report itself) from cover to cover. I attended more lectures than I can count on the subject listening to such 'conspiracy' theorists as Mark Lane, Jay Epstein and many, many others. I have visited the Texas School Book Depository and the actual shooting site on two occasions (1966 and 1993) and I consider myself to be as well-informed on the subject as most anybody selected at random would be.

After all of that - even though I believe that if Oswald had ever been actually brought to trial to face charges of killing President Kennedy and Officer JD Tippett he would have been quickly acquitted on both charges - after having heard all the arguments both pro and con, I still can't decide who or what was really behind the plot and who did the shooting. But I'm absolutely convinced that it was not Lee Harvey Oswald.
December 30, 2008 07:09PM
Pondy I was THERE IN THE 6th FLOOR THE VIEW IS OBSCURED BY BRANCHES. GO THERE AND SEE FOR YOURSELF - GPP

No, it's not. And as whats said, even if it was, how big do you think those same trees were 45 years ago?

I'm putting my money on Vince Bugliosi.
January 01, 2009 02:28AM
PTTP until you go there yourself and see for yourself you can not understand. It simply could not have happen the way the government said it did.

As for the trees look in the picture at the time of the shooting and you will see how much foliage obscured the view looking down from the 6th floor. That is not the only thing.

Again I said the same thing you did before I went. I bought the official version of things until I saw it for myself.
January 01, 2009 06:41PM
gpp
there is no way the bullets came from the front unless they are able to make a u-turn. give it up
January 01, 2009 07:04PM

And in 1964...

The tree in this shot is the one closest to the corner of the building right under the 6th floor window. Due to the curve of the road, the other trees wouldn't have blocked the roadway at all.

And this is the approximate angle of the first shot..

LHO was a Patsy.
January 02, 2009 01:16AM
None of his acquaintances and family members were surprised that he killed JFK. They all thought he was a kook.
By "brother," you must be referring to the scavengers who set up their booths in Dealey Plaza every weekend and prey on gullible tourists. I'm not sure they can be considered volunteers, since they are selling sensationalist publications and grotesque photographs, purportedly from JFK's autopsy.

Instead of complaining about your government (like Lee Harvey Oswald often did), you should be thankful that you live in a country where you have the freedom of speech. You have the right to share your uninformed opinions with anyone you wish.
August 31, 2009 09:50PM
Can you say tinkerbell to the man above. Bet you are a republican too.

Do not make an assertion without some evidence to back it up.

FYI I read the entire paper free of charge and had a cup of coffee with the brother. Very insightful.
Talk about opening up a can of worms. The JFK thing will never be solved in this manner. The trees were in the way, they weren't, yada, yada... nobody knows for sure because we weren't there in '63. This is a sidebar that we can agree to disagree on. The real question is asked in the film JFK - why didn't Oswald shoot JFK from the other window - the one that had a straight on view of the motorcade? That was a much easier shot and a marksman like Oswald would have known it. The answer is probably the one from the film as well - that they could get a triangulation of crossfire in Dealey Plaza. An interesting tidbit of this event that is almost never discussed is what occurred the day BEFORE the assassination. One of the peripheral players in the Ruby/Oswald/Ferrie group of players (can't remember his name now) ran into a bank and fired a pistol into the ceiling. The obvious intent was to get himself arrested. Why? Because he wanted to be locked up in a jail cell when the assassination went down. He must have discovered he was being set up as a patsy to take the fall. Was he the original patsy... the one who would take the fall INSTEAD of Oswald? We don't know - but Oswald certainly knew HE was now the patsy once he was arrested. People tend to go two ways on Oswald - he was either the lone shooter, or he was a patsy who had nothing to do with it. The latter has a fatal flaw - we know he was part of the Ruby/Ferrie crew and he had (most likely) attempted to assassinate General Walker previous to JFK. So let's try a different scenario on for size...

Oswald was a willing participant of the hit TEAM - he took the high ground (book depository) while one man was stationed in the grassy knoll and one at another position (most likely the sewer drain under the overpass although others suggest the buildings on the other side of Dealey Plaza).

The original "patsy" takes himself out of the equation with the bank escapade, however Oswald is not aware of this turn of events as he is in seclusion in the hotel room (with no tv) awaiting his orders.

The hit goes down exactly as planned.

Oswald EXPECTS to walk away scot free, but when Officer Tippett attempts to arrest him - Oswald knows he's been set up and shoots him in a panic to escape.

The rest happens as history says (Ruby being another piece to the conspiracy puzzle obviously).

Forget the "magic bullet" thing - that explanation is accurate. What is always left out of that one is the height of the seats. Connally was sitting in a jump seat - a seat that folds down when it's not being used. It's at a lower level than a standard seat. Tracing the trajectory of the bullet from the window - it's actually a straight shot. There is no "zig-zagging" up and down as they explain in the JFK film because Connally is sitting at a lower position than JFK. Connally heard the first shot, turned to see what was happening and then got hit by the "magic bullet". That explains the "zig-zag" to the right - his body was not looking straight forward - it was turned to the right. So "down and to the right" is actually a straight trajectory - no "magic" involved. What never gets reported is Connally allegedly cried out "They're trying to kill all of us!" Which sure sounds like he knew a hit was going down and there were multiple people involved. I've always found it interesting that he wouldn't let anyone take the bullet fragment out of his leg to examine it. This is evidence in the greatest crime of the 20th century - a court should have ORDERED it removed.
It is called "Full Metal Jacket" for a reason. Do a little more research. Your hero Oliver Stone knows a little about the power of a full metal jacket round.
August 31, 2009 11:24PM
I do know about the condition a bullet would be in after it goes through a human body. It is not perfect. I have covered more killings than I can count and I have never heard of a perfect bullet.
Hey GPP, here is a quick history lesson for you.

When the U.S. entered World War I, our President at the time was Woodrow Wilson, a Democrat. He had won reelection in 1916 with a pledge to keep America out of the war.

When the U.S. entered World War II, our President at the time was Franklin D. Roosevelt, a Democrat. He too had made a pledge that he would never send American boys to fight and die in a foreign war.

When the U.S. entered the Korean War, our President at the time was Harry Truman, a Democrat.

When the U.S. became heavily involved in Vietnam, our President at the time was Lyndon B. Johnson, a Democrat.

Your statement that the Republicans are the ones who always lead us into war is about as simplistic as your grammar.

By the way, have you or any of your enlightened brothers ever located Oswald's curtain rods? Marguerite Oswald believed that her son was a true American hero, and she wanted him buried in Arlington National Cemetery. Why don't you focus your considerable energies on that worthy project? Good luck with all that.
WWI and WWII were worthy causes - so that argument falls flat. Korea was the first "domino" war... a theory that - at the time - carried some legitimacy with a lot of people, especially when you consider the rising "Red scare" of the time. Vietnam was Eisenhower - not LBJ. If you want to talk escalation, LBJ is responsible - yes - but at least he had ignorance on his side (no one was aware the war was a mistake at that time). Nixon - on the other hand - escalated beyond all belief after everyone knew the war was a losing proposition. Speaking of JFK, many believe the reason he was assassinated is because he would NOT escalate Vietnam (and there are documents that support this notion). LBJ realized Vietnam was a losing proposition and SHOULD have pulled us out. Perhaps he knew his fate would be the same as JFK's and resigned instead? Hmmm... Every other war since then has been all GOP and not a single one of them were wars of necessity. We might also add in the Lebanon disaster on Reagan's watch and the Panama Noriega extraction on Bush 41's watch that aren't considered "wars" but still resulted in many innocent folks ending up in their graves.

So - as usual - the wingnuts argument is an empty one. Sorry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum