SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Maybe it won't be that difficult to detrumpify Trump supporters.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Maybe it won't be that difficult to detrumpify Trump supporters.
January 22, 2021 09:28PM
The legal representative of Jacob Chansley—better known as the “QAnon Shaman,” who burst into the U.S. Capitol wearing furs and Viking horns—has said his client feels cheated by Trump. Referring to his client as “the guy with the horns and the fur,” attorney Al Watkins told the St. Louis NBC News affiliate KSDK: “[Chansley] regrets very, very much having not just been duped by the president, but by being in a position where he allowed that duping to put him in a position to make decisions he should not have made.”

Re: Maybe it won't be that difficult to detrumpify Trump supporters.
January 22, 2021 09:59PM
Don't know if you guys heard about it here in the information black hole that is Selectsmart - but at that Michigan rally at the capital, apparently some group called the "Boogaloo Boys" - which appear to be some sort of R militia/activist thing like the Proud Boys without the racism and KKK influences - called for unity between BLM, Antifa and themselves. The guy was reading off his phone, but he was rather eloquent and said everything the Red/Blue party and Selectsmart folks don't want to hear - that our real enemy is not each other - it's rich vs. poor and the Red/Blues are on the wrong side. This is a great step in the right direction - but you keep pushing that "Trump Bad" and "Russia, Rachel, Russia" nonsense for your masters, Curt. You're doing good although if I were you - I would least try to get paid for it like MSNBC, CNN and Fox. eye rolling smiley
January 22, 2021 10:50PM
They want unity for the destruction of the country, indy, not for any beneficial purpose.

"The boogaloo movement, whose adherents are often referred to as boogaloo boys or boogaloo bois, is a loosely organized far-right, anti-government, and extremist political movement in the United States. The movement has also been described as a militia. Boogaloo adherents say they are preparing for, or seek to incite, a second American Civil War which they call the boogaloo."

Your enemy is each other when part of the underprivileged is White Supremacist and anti government - filled with the 2nd. Amendment fetish and the other demands more government intervention in society and progressive policies.

You are far from unity and unity in destructiveness is not a very desirable goal.
January 22, 2021 11:12PM
And, me, the swiping of the election did not help anything.
January 23, 2021 12:01AM
Rube
And, me, the swiping of the election did not help anything.

Given how easy it is to swipe an election or in the case of Joe Biden, swipe the elections in and electoral votes of several states, I wouldn't blame you if refused to vote ever again! That would teach The Swamp that you're not one to be trifled with.

January 23, 2021 12:47AM
OF COURSE it's rich v poor, Indy. That's been the struggle throughout history. You and I want the same things, we just differ on how to get there. The Dems are far from perfect, but they're the only party of the big two that's doing anything at all to help regular people. I'm guessing that 2/3 of the D's in Congress want M4A and maybe 3 R's, so it's never going to become law as long as half of our representatives are R's. For that reason, it's logical to vote for D's in every election. They're our only path. Voting for 3rd party candidates and rioting has no chance whatsoever of getting us there.
January 23, 2021 01:49AM
Guy is a veteran too. Around 20% of the insurrectionists were veterans. Lots of police too. Attacking other police no less.

January 23, 2021 02:03AM
Revolution is coming whether you want it or not and it's not Indy's fault or Fox News or the Boogaloos. It's the fault of neoliberalism and the failure of capitalism. This country is over.
January 23, 2021 02:04AM
Okay.

January 23, 2021 02:09AM
See? Pondy knows.
January 23, 2021 12:30PM
Ponderer
Guy is a veteran too. Around 20% of the insurrectionists were veterans. Lots of police too. Attacking other police no less.

Not that I'm doubting you like I guffaw at every one of me's keystrokes. But, I'd be edified with a link.
January 23, 2021 01:04PM
"Revolution is coming whether you want it or not..." - Indy!

LOL!

"Volunteers", by Jefferson Airplane (1969)

Look what's happening out in the streets
Got a revolution (got to revolution)
Hey, I'm dancing down the streets
Oh, ain't it amazing all the people I meet?
One generation got old
One generation got soul
This generation got no destination to hold
Pick up the cry
Hey, now it's time for you and me
Hey, come on now we're marching to the sea
Who will take it from you, we will and who are we?
Well, we are volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
Volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
I've got a revolution
Got a revolution
Look what's happening out in the streets
Hey, I'm dancing down the streets
Oh, ain't it amazing all the people I meet?
Got a revolution, oh-oh
We are volunteers of America
Yeah, we are volunteers of America
We are volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
Volunteers of America (volunteers of America)
January 23, 2021 03:35PM
Geez, pb. You're not just an asshole. You're a lazy asshole. Nonetheless, be edified:

'Q Shaman' seen storming the Capitol shirtless in face paint and a furry headdress with horns is a Navy veteran

[...]

As Military.com first reported, Chansley briefly served in the US Navy. He enlisted in 2005 and left in 2007 only as a supply clerk seaman apprentice.

For the majority of his two years in the armed forces, Chansley was assigned to the now-decommissioned aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk, according to service data provided to Insider by the Navy.

A Navy official told Task & Purpose that he was kicked out of the service after refusing to take an anthrax vaccine. Since leaving the service, Chansley has become a rising figure in the far-right QAnon movement, which appeared to fuel last week's riots at the Capitol.

January 23, 2021 05:30PM
Ponderer
Geez, pb. You're not just an asshole. You're a lazy asshole. Nonetheless, be edified:

'Q Shaman' seen storming the Capitol shirtless in face paint and a furry headdress with horns is a Navy veteran

[...]

As Military.com first reported, Chansley briefly served in the US Navy. He enlisted in 2005 and left in 2007 only as a supply clerk seaman apprentice.

For the majority of his two years in the armed forces, Chansley was assigned to the now-decommissioned aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk, according to service data provided to Insider by the Navy.

A Navy official told Task & Purpose that he was kicked out of the service after refusing to take an anthrax vaccine. Since leaving the service, Chansley has become a rising figure in the far-right QAnon movement, which appeared to fuel last week's riots at the Capitol.

No. A link for your stats.
January 23, 2021 05:59PM
Sorry...

Nearly 1 In 5 Defendants In Capitol Riot Cases Served In The Military

As a violent mob descended on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, lawmakers and aides hid wherever they could, waiting for the military and police to arrive. But many of those who stormed the Capitol were military veterans themselves, who had once sworn to protect the Constitution. In fact, an NPR analysis has found that nearly 1 in 5 people charged over their alleged involvement in the attack on the U.S. Capitol appear to have a military history.

NPR compiled a list of individuals facing federal or District of Columbia charges in connection with the events of Jan. 6. Of more than 140 charged so far, a review of military records, social media accounts, court documents and news reports indicate at least 27 of those charged, or nearly 20%, have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. To put that number in perspective, only about 7% of all American adults are military veterans, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.

Several veterans are charged with violent entry and disorderly conduct on Capitol grounds. One of them is Larry Rendall Brock Jr. The Air Force veteran was photographed in a military-style helmet and tactical vest carrying flex cuffs inside the Capitol. He posted on Facebook that he was preparing for a "Second Civil War," according to documents filed in federal court. In the weeks after Biden's victory, Brock posted that "we are now under occupation by a hostile governing force."

Unless my math is off, "around 20%" is something close to "nearly one in five".

Why do you ever doubt me, pb? It's an incredibly rare instance when you catch me making a mistake. And I spend a lot of my time correcting yours. A thankless task indeed.

January 23, 2021 06:13PM
That's close, but it's not what you said. One in five CHARGED.
January 23, 2021 06:32PM
And why do you think the difference is significant? If the most violent ones among the insurrectionists who were caught and charged had a military history, what do you wager the percentage of military background was among the violent insurrectionists not charged? There is little to no reason to assume that the proportions were much different in that group. In any event, it is not good that an inordinate amount of the worst of the criminal activities during the coup attempt were committed by people with a military background.

January 23, 2021 06:49PM
Ponderer
And why do you think the difference is significant? If the most violent ones among the insurrectionists who were caught and charged had a military history, what do you wager the percentage of military background was among the violent insurrectionists not charged? There is little to no reason to assume that the proportions were much different in that group. In any event, it is not good that an inordinate amount of the worst of the criminal activities during the coup attempt were committed by people with a military background.

Significant? Because you didn't support your claim. I wanted to know how you could possibly know what you claimed to know. You don't, really. You may be right. You're probably close, at least.
January 23, 2021 07:40PM
As I pointed out, it's an insignificant distinction. But you gotta find something to obfuscate and ignore the point with. I get it.

January 23, 2021 07:53PM
Indy!
Don't know if you guys heard about it here in the information black hole that is Selectsmart - but at that Michigan rally at the capital, apparently some group called the "Boogaloo Boys" - which appear to be some sort of R militia/activist thing like the Proud Boys without the racism and KKK influences - called for unity between BLM, Antifa and themselves. The guy was reading off his phone, but he was rather eloquent and said everything the Red/Blue party and Selectsmart folks don't want to hear - that our real enemy is not each other - it's rich vs. poor and the Red/Blues are on the wrong side. This is a great step in the right direction - but you keep pushing that "Trump Bad" and "Russia, Rachel, Russia" nonsense for your masters, Curt. You're doing good although if I were you - I would least try to get paid for it like MSNBC, CNN and Fox. eye rolling smiley

great post indy

that's exactly what they are doing -- and it has intensified exponentially over last decade or so

the least informed, lowest IQ are the most susceptible to the dogmatic hate propaganda/policies that are being pushed by the pols and big media

==========================================================================
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!