SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Troops Guarding Capitol Being Abused...I can't Laugh at This

Posted by Rube 
Troops Guarding Capitol Being Abused...I can't Laugh at This
January 22, 2021 04:07PM
First. You can't blame me. I didn't vote for this! But, po and Donna and Curt, you did.

There's a lot that will come out of the election of that perverted, demented, doddering old fart that I'll bust a gut laughing about...

...but, in my heart, I know this is serious stuff.

[www.google.com]
Re: Troops Guarding Capitol Being Abused...I can't Laugh at This
January 23, 2021 03:01AM
all non biden bros, report to parking garage for quarantine

==========================================================================
January 23, 2021 03:32AM
Rube,
I don't know if you have an automatic kneejerk response to blame Biden for anything and everything or if you have the childish idea that a US president is like a medieval king who calls the shots on everything no matter how minor.
As your article said:

On Friday, Yogananda Pittman, acting chief of the U.S. Capitol Police, said in a statement that "with the exception of specific times on Inauguration Day itself while the swearing-in ceremonies were underway, the United States Capitol police did not instruct the National Guard to vacate the Capitol Building facilities."

"And on Inauguration Day, the Guard was notified and encouraged to reoccupy the spaces in the Capitol and CVC at 2 p.m.," Pittman added. "As of this morning, all Guardsmen and women have been relocated to space within the Capitol Complex."

So Biden had nothing to do with the sleeping arrangements. and there seems to be a misunderstanding of the Capitol Police request.

Joe Biden Calls National Guard Chief After Troops Briefly Ordered to Take Breaks in Garage. (Jill Biden handed out chocolate chip cookies.)
[www.military.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/23/2021 03:34AM by Curt Anderson.
January 23, 2021 04:31AM
There was likely a very good logistical reason to have them take their break there. But oh my god. I certainly get the horror we are forcing on our national guard troops that you are getting at, pb. Oh my god. Jesus Christ.

You know, when you think about how we sent troops overseas to spend weeks surrounded by burning oil fields in baking heat and toxic miasma to protect our sacred American dominance in the global oil game, that couldn't possibly hold a candle to the living, tormenting hell we are putting these horrifically abused troops in txcup's picture through for a few days, while they take their breaks in those damnable, hellish, chamber of horrors parking garages.

Troops, who are only there protecting the @#$%& nation's capitol from a second wave of violent insurrection is all. The first of which brought about a couple weeks ago by the organization and incitement of the orange psychopathic megalomaniac you voted for is all.

But I could be wrong. Maybe they would rather be camped downwind of a plume of a burning oil well in the middle of the @#$%& Middle Eastern desert. Maybe that would be a less horrific environment for our tender military to eat a @#$%& sandwich and take a nap in.

Oh my god.

January 23, 2021 12:59PM
Curt Anderson
Rube,
I don't know if you have an automatic kneejerk response to blame Biden for anything and everything or if you have the childish idea that a US president is like a medieval king who calls the shots on everything no matter how minor.
As your article said:

On Friday, Yogananda Pittman, acting chief of the U.S. Capitol Police, said in a statement that "with the exception of specific times on Inauguration Day itself while the swearing-in ceremonies were underway, the United States Capitol police did not instruct the National Guard to vacate the Capitol Building facilities."

"And on Inauguration Day, the Guard was notified and encouraged to reoccupy the spaces in the Capitol and CVC at 2 p.m.," Pittman added. "As of this morning, all Guardsmen and women have been relocated to space within the Capitol Complex."

So Biden had nothing to do with the sleeping arrangements. and there seems to be a misunderstanding of the Capitol Police request.

Joe Biden Calls National Guard Chief After Troops Briefly Ordered to Take Breaks in Garage. (Jill Biden handed out chocolate chip cookies.)
[www.military.com]

I should have been more clear. I don't blame Joe for this other than that it was for his Immaculation that this fiasco was arranged...and he could have, probably should have...demanded, "Let's take care of the troops!"

No.

This was the responsibility of the Capitol Gang.

And, while on the point, that so-called insurrection at the Capitol a few weeks back would have amounted to nothing more disturbing than an episode of loud flatulence, had Capitol security been competent.

There's a real problem there. It became apparent at the mostly peaceful gathering...and became apparent, again, with the Immaculation.

Were I a Proud Boy, or Antifa or BLM, or some such, I'd have taken notice and be considering an attack where my opponent would be the Capitol police.

There's apparently an on going concern with Capitol security.
January 23, 2021 03:21PM
"There's apparently an on going concern with Capitol security." -pb

I'll say. The amount of complicit Capitol police who actively assisted the Trump insurrection is a great cause for concern. As was the number of active duty police from out of state and veterans of the military who took part in that homicidal coup attempt.

January 23, 2021 05:08PM
Ponderer
"There's apparently an on going concern with Capitol security." -pb

I'll say. The amount of complicit Capitol police who actively assisted the Trump insurrection is a great cause for concern. As was the number of active duty police from out of state and veterans of the military who took part in that homicidal coup attempt.

You never cease to amaze me, po. This is the sort of paranoia that Goebbels stoked. You're on a roll today!
January 24, 2021 05:21PM
Curt, et al (meaning the rest of the sheep) "So Biden had nothing to do with the sleeping arrangements. and there seems to be a misunderstanding of the Capitol Police request."
Actually, it's up to the new (sic) "president's" transition team to set up the ceremony and do all the logistical work for the inaugurations. And the sheep are missing the biggest things on this. They weren't "taking breaks" there. This was their sleeping quarters. TWO @#$%& BATHROOMS. ONE @#$%& OUTLET. FIVE HUNDRED @#$%& PEOPLE. It's a good thing they weren't given hot meals and had to eat cold MREs (Meals Rejected by Ethiopian's), they make you so plugged up you can't crap for days. The "mayor" refuses to allow the National Guard to be quartered in hotels, BY HER EDICT. It reminds me of the Nazis taking people to the gas chambers. Even the FOBs in the middle of bumfuck nowhere have better infrastructure.

Curt-"I don't know if you have an automatic kneejerk response to blame Biden for anything and everything or if you have the childish idea that a US president is like a medieval king who calls the shots on everything no matter how minor."
Like you (et al) haven't had "an automatic kneejerk response to blame Trump for anything and everything or if you have the childish idea that a US president is like a medieval king who calls the shots on everything no matter how minor.
January 24, 2021 06:01PM
"Like you (et al) haven't had "an automatic kneejerk response to blame Trump for anything and everything" -Olde Dude

Just anything and everything horrible or illegal that he's done that he is in fact responsible for is all. Like his vast corruption and most recently, his inciting a violent insurrection against the government of this country.

January 24, 2021 07:11PM
I don't know why they need any troops there now. Not with that pistol packing mama, Boebert there to fend off any intruders. They might need a few inside in case she decides to yawning smileyff" a few Democrats.

The pride of Colorado. Did you vote for her, od?
January 24, 2021 09:10PM
"Just anything and everything horrible or illegal that he's done that he is in fact responsible for is all. Like his vast corruption and most recently, his inciting a violent insurrection against the government of this country."

You just proved my point without me trying. Thanks!
January 24, 2021 09:21PM
So I ran the numbers because whomever the moron was that asked for the troops, did not bring any infrastructure. Big mistake!

1,440 minutes in a day
:05 minutes to take a dump =
288 people can use the facility each day IF they have their own toilet paper. Ergo, don't eat or drink water.

I am "assuming" the folks (Whomever that is, because no one will claim the screwup) that put them there did not understand these units did not bring their own infrastructure. It's not up to the cops to know what the military brought or didn't. They're not allowed to go to hotels, so... It is directly the fault of the folks that told sr to call them up. These folks should have gotten hold of Gen Walker, the DC NG Commander. He actually could have had his folks do the footwork correctly, and worked with the other states. Apparently, they don't trust the military to do their job.
January 24, 2021 09:55PM
OldeDude
It's not up to the cops to know what the military brought or didn't.

Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), the top Republican on the Armed Services Committee, said Friday morning that a Capitol Police officer “issued an order without authority or without going through the chain of command,” adding: “We are going to be able to identify who that person was.”

It is flabbergasting that a Capitol cop "issued an order" and National Guard troops troops apparently meekly obeyed. The National Guard troops were deployed prior to Biden's inauguration. So the troops' sleeping and other arrangements were (or should have been) worked out beforehand. It should not be a great mystery as to who bears ultimate responsibility for the shabby treatment of the troops. No, I am blaming Trump for that detail.

Trump can be faulted for not calling up the National Guard. While Trump diddled (or possibly worse, cheered the rioters on from afar), Mike Pence took charge and mobilized the NG. [www.news18.com] Trump, as is typical with him, falsely claimed credit. [apnews.com]

January 24, 2021 10:09PM
Trump had NOTHING to do with any of the inauguration. At all. None. Not his job. It's been that way since Adams.
January 24, 2021 11:39PM
Od,
Calling up the NG to protect the Capitol was not something Biden's transition team could or should do. It was the responsibility of the ongoing administration until noon January 6th.

Pence, to his credit, was responsible. Trump not much.

January 25, 2021 01:16AM
reference? Because this is extremely odd and completely out of the norm. Since Adams.... The oncoming is empowered and responsible for their own transition. They get explained what Secret Service is going to do (since the president has little choice in the matter, and they should give him a list of things they want. Capital Police generally work closely with Secret Service on this. My thought is that this was the brain child of someone in the oncoming transition team. If you notice, when Trump put NG in cities, they had everything. I actually doubt if the DC "mayor" would allow troops in to the city again unless it was sr that spoke with her. She is as bad as pondy when it comes to visceral hatred.

The thing is that this is a bipartisan issue. Both sides of the aisle have called for an investigation. The only thing I was pissed about was the lack of facilities and infrastructure. The fact they were in a garage is not a deal to me, although it should have been set up prior so there was more infrastructure in the building. Duckworth is much more pissed than I am. I just don't see why you choose to point fingers when we know absolutely nothing about what happened. I'm not even thinking that sr was fully briefed on it. The whole thing happened very quickly and literally, someone forgot the toilet paper.
January 25, 2021 05:38PM
"Just anything and everything horrible or illegal that he's done that he is in fact responsible for is all. Like his vast corruption and most recently, his inciting a violent insurrection against the government of this country."

"You just proved my point without me trying." -Old Dude

How do you mean? You don't think he should be held responsible for the horrible and illegal things he did, like his inciting a violent insurrection against the government of this country? Any president who does such a thing should just be allowed to escape justice?

This isn't just me thinking he should face justice for that crime. He's been impeached for it. Several Republicans are on board with making him face justice for it in the Senate. Do you think he should get special treatment or something just because you think he's mentally retarded and had no idea what he was doing? Is that your defense for him?

January 25, 2021 07:24PM
Ponderer
...Do you think he should get special treatment or something just because you think he's mentally retarded and had no idea what he was doing? Is that your defense for him?

Republicans had been using a similar ignorance defense for Trump. Whatever Trump said or tried to do something that was unconstitutional or illegal they'd apologize for him saying that he's a Washington outsider who doesn't know the ways of government. They would say that as if it's not normal for educated adult Americans to be aware of at least the spirit of our Constitution and our laws.

January 25, 2021 08:37PM
Ignorance of law is no excuse in law. Only in Mens Rea offences can it be raised and nothing of Trump's behaviour meets that standard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!