SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trump Frees Former Aides From Ethics Pledge, Lobbying Ban

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Trump Frees Former Aides From Ethics Pledge, Lobbying Ban
January 21, 2021 10:27PM
If you disagree with Trump's 11th hour decree you're part of The Swamp
Donald Trump released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump, in one of his final acts as president, released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge, a move that once again laid bare his failure to fulfil his 2016 campaign promise to “drain the swamp.”

Trump won the presidency, in part, on a pledge to take on entrenched special interests in Washington, and his ethics policy was one of his first acts after assuming office. [www.usnews.com]

Re: Trump Frees Former Aides From Ethics Pledge, Lobbying Ban
January 21, 2021 10:29PM
The more you get to know Trump - the more obvious it becomes him and Obama were basically two peas in a pod. smiling smiley
January 21, 2021 10:35PM
Careful Indy! If you continue to liken Trump to Obama you'll alienate the one person on this board who doesn't think that you've gone off the deep end.

January 21, 2021 10:54PM
What pb thinks about Indy is that he is principled and admirable, something that can be said about few who voted for the perverted, demented, doddering old fart from Delaware.
January 22, 2021 12:45AM
Curt, as previously noted - you (and everyone else) are free to think about me however you wish. Unlike you and the rest of the... ahem... "centrists" - I'm not concerned with falling in line.
January 22, 2021 01:23AM
I'm in agreement with Indy when it comes to the realpolitik of Trump and Obama as opposed to the political theater.

Albeit Trump was much less Hawkish than Obama and also incidentally weaker on immigration policy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2021 01:26AM by Kairos.
January 22, 2021 01:54AM
Curt: I know progressives who condone rioting. Cascade is one on them.
January 22, 2021 04:40AM
I don't condone rioting (although I believe there are times when it is inevitable) and I also don't see progressives doing much rioting either. I see cops rioting. I see Proud Boys and (to a much lesser degree) antifa-types rioting. Progressives? Nope. In fact I'm very surprised at their ability to stay cool, calm and collected in the face of instigation by cops and their Proud Boy (former) friends.
January 22, 2021 04:43AM
I'd love to see how you'd fare on Cascade's Facebook page, Indy!. You'd probably fit right in.

January 22, 2021 04:47AM
I've never been on Facebook - don't have an account.
January 22, 2021 05:45AM
How about Cascade stop selling his soul to Marc Zuckerberg and post on here sometime instead.

You heard that Cascade???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
January 22, 2021 02:30PM
Curt Anderson
If you disagree with Trump's 11th hour decree you're part of The Swamp
Donald Trump released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump, in one of his final acts as president, released current and former members of his administration from the terms of their ethics pledge, a move that once again laid bare his failure to fulfil his 2016 campaign promise to “drain the swamp.”

Trump won the presidency, in part, on a pledge to take on entrenched special interests in Washington, and his ethics policy was one of his first acts after assuming office. [www.usnews.com]

It will always be about Trump for you TDSers, eh, there, Curt!!!!!?

Do you know that Big Bro Joe is Prez now? Bahahahaha.

I can see it. On your deathbed, you'll curl your face a contortion of pain, weakly growl, "Trump," then pass on to the other world.

Bahahahaha, ahhhhhh!
January 22, 2021 06:40PM
Rube
It will always be about Trump for you TDSers, eh, there, Curt!!!!!?

Do you know that Big Bro Joe is Prez now? Bahahahaha.

Trump rescinded his own ethics "rule" while he was president. That is what the report I quoted is about. It's not my fault that you're a little slow on the uptake.

January 22, 2021 07:11PM
"On your deathbed, you'll curl your face a contortion of pain, weakly growl, "Trump," then pass on to the other world."

A world free of Trump who will be warming himself in a different other world.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!