SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Loony Lefties have a tantrum in Portland

Posted by Donna 
Loony Lefties have a tantrum in Portland
January 21, 2021 07:58PM
Portland police arrest 8 after rioters damage Democratic Party office, ICE facility following Biden's inauguration [abcnews.go.com]

At least eight people were arrested in Portland on Wednesday after rioters damaged both federal and private property, police said.

Dozens of protesters took to the streets of Oregon's largest city following the inauguration of President Joe Biden. Some people were seen carrying Black Lives Matter signs, while others held banners with anti-Biden or anti-police slogans.

Although the demonstrations were largely peaceful, two protest events resulted in property damage and arrests, according to the Portland Police Bureau.

A crowd of about 150 people gathered at Revolution Hall, a music venue in southeast Portland, and marched to the headquarters of the Democratic Party of Oregon on Wednesday afternoon. Some individuals vandalized the building with graffiti and smashed windows, while others moved dumpsters into the middle of the street and lit the contents on fire, police said. (more at link)

Lock 'em up!
Re: Loony Lefties have a tantrum in Portland
January 21, 2021 08:03PM
These years are going to be soooooooo much fun!

And, poor Joe probably doesn't even know where Portland is.

It's in Maine, ain't. Jessica Fletcher goes there sometimes, right?
January 21, 2021 08:35PM
"Lock them up"??????
Like they have been doing all year? Then released the next day/hour, without even a slap on the wrist.

Well when the $$ is gone they wont be out every night.
January 21, 2021 08:40PM
Welcome back, LD.
January 21, 2021 08:55PM
Those vandals and arsonists are not really the loony left or anyplace on the left-right spectrum. They are anarchists. They don't want any government. They are loony though.

Btw, yesterday was a little late to be protesting Biden becoming president.

January 21, 2021 09:01PM
Curt Anderson
Those vandals and arsonists are not really the loony left or anyplace on the left-right spectrum. They are anarchists. They don't want any government. They are loony though.

Btw, yesterday was a little late to be protesting Biden becoming president.

That's exactly what I was thinking about the mostly peaceful gathering at the Capitol two weeks ago about the gatherers being people on the right.

Good'ne, Curt!

I think that the protests were about the impotence of Clouseau's beginning.

Bahahahaha!
January 21, 2021 09:20PM
They hold progressive viewpoints. That's why I correctly place them on the left. Like their counterparts on the Ridiculous Right, they're all emotion.
January 21, 2021 10:03PM
...Or they're smart enough to understand their gov't is now a criminal operation and are unwilling to put up with it. In 1776 they would be called "patriots" and 250 years later Donna and Curt would be using the same description. smiling smiley

Hey people. Every time I stop in this board has taken another right turn.
January 21, 2021 10:07PM
Indy!
...Or they're smart enough to understand their gov't is now a criminal operation and are unwilling to put up with it. In 1776 they would be called "patriots" and 250 years later Donna and Curt would be using the same description. smiling smiley

But, you are dyslexic so read it backwards.
January 21, 2021 10:12PM
Indy!

We need you, Indy.

The Swampcult progressives, here and elsewhere, sold their souls in a fit of Trumpaphobic delusion.
January 21, 2021 10:16PM
Donna
They hold progressive viewpoints. That's why I correctly place them on the left. Like their counterparts on the Ridiculous Right, they're all emotion.

Maybe. Maybe it was political bag of mixed nuts. The Oregonian reported 14 arrests. One man was charged with illegally carrying a concealed weapon. That's more ridiculous right than loony left.

January 21, 2021 10:20PM
Rube
Indy!

We need you, Indy.

The Swampcult progressives, here and elsewhere, sold their souls in a fit of Trumpaphobic delusion.

And your heroes the Proud Boys, the Oath Keepers, the Trumpeters are sinking into the foul swamps they dwell in as their excuse fades into a deserved swamp of contempt.
January 21, 2021 10:23PM
And the other side is just as comical - the overcompensation in their assessment of Team Fifth Place / Charity Case. The funniest thing I saw last night in the 10 minutes I could put up with their favorite propaganda channel was Kamala's first day in the Senate. Don't know if you folks saw it, but she was reading off names of new senators and when she got to the person replacing her seat she read "and so-and-so replacing Senator Kamala Hawwis" and let out an uncomfortably looooooooooooooong version of her famous fake cackle like it was the funniest thing she'd ever done in her life. MSNBC's Kasey Ditzy basically had an on-screen orgasm and tried to convince the other obviously not amused talking heads with her it was "so funny! Gosh - wasn't that SOOOOOO funny, people?" eye rolling smiley

January 21, 2021 10:24PM
Rube

We need you, Indy.

Appreciate the sentiment. Just been really busy lately trying to clean out the house and do some renovations and whatnot.
January 21, 2021 11:54PM
I'm all for protests, but that nor rioting is going to change anything. All rioting ever does is hurt the owners of small businesses and the people who work at those busonesses.

We live in a representative democracy, which means that enacting change is always going to involve compromising with people you disagree with. The loony left will not get that through their thick skulls.

Curt: The riot in Portland happened during a peaceful BLM and anti-ICE march. The right wing doesn't support those things. The rioters could have been agents provocateur, but I know some people on the loony left who support rioting, so it isn't unimaginable that they're responsible.
January 22, 2021 12:39AM
I'm fine with compromise - but you, Curt, Pondy and the rest of Blue MAGA are OBVIOUSLY confusing compromise with capitulation. smoking smiley
January 22, 2021 12:44AM
Indy!
I'm fine with compromise - but you, Curt, Pondy and the rest of Blue MAGA are OBVIOUSLY confusing compromise with capitulation. smoking smiley

Well said.
January 22, 2021 12:48AM
Donna,
Your right that the BLM and ant-ICE goals were what the left would want. Certainly the leftists would show up to protest. That's not to say that agents provocateurs and non-leftists didn't join in. It would not take much to get an anarchist or a rightwinger to throw a brick through the Demcorats' Headquarters window.

My daughter took part in the protest in Portland (a peaceful one recently). She was repelled when she a saw a "We don't want Biden, We want revenge" banner appear. She was employed by the Oregon Democrats at the time.

January 22, 2021 12:50AM
Have any of these folks said a single word about Biden already(!!!) dropping his promise of the $2000 $1400 checks if the Ds took over the Senate? I'm guessing no, even though at least a couple of them could surely use it. That's the kind of "compromise" you get from the Democrats - sometimes referred to as a "bald-faced lie" amongst people who still think for themselves. eye rolling smiley
January 22, 2021 01:13AM
If a person is in such dire and desperate need for a check from the government, they will be broke and hurting with a $2000 check almost as quickly as they'd be with a $1400 check, which is in addition to the $600 sent out this month. Either one is stopgap solution.

“We will finish the job of getting a total of $2,000 in cash relief to people who need it the most,” Biden said during his speech Thursday. “The $600 already appropriated is simply not enough.”

But speaking of promises, Bernie is dead to me:
Bernie Sanders @BernieSanders
This week on the Senate floor Mitch McConnell wants to vote to override Trump's veto of the $740 billion defense funding bill and then head home for the New Year.

I'm going to object until we get a vote on legislation to provide a $2,000 direct payment to the working class.
3:03 PM · Dec 28, 2020·Twitter for iPhone
[twitter.com]

January 22, 2021 01:52AM
Where's the evidence that the Dems capitulated rather than compromised?
January 22, 2021 04:56AM
Curt Anderson
If a person is in such dire and desperate need for a check from the government, they will be broke and hurting with a $2000 check almost as quickly as they'd be with a $1400 check, which is in addition to the $600 sent out this month. Either one is stopgap solution.

“We will finish the job of getting a total of $2,000 in cash relief to people who need it the most,” Biden said during his speech Thursday. “The $600 already appropriated is simply not enough.”

That's true. What we SHOULD be getting is $2000 a month MINIMUM like the rest of the civilized world. Meagain up there in Canada is getting a regular paycheck. However, simply because something is not good enough doesn't mean it shouldn't happen. If you had no road to downtown and your city offered a two lane road instead of a more useful 4 lane road - do you say "No - forget the road altogether"? Of course not. But here you are - like the rest of Blue MAGA capitulating because it protects your faux hero Fifth Place from being exposed as the obvious liar he is.

Biden promised "$2000 checks" AFTER the $600 check Trump sent out. There are MANY video clips available - including one where he says "vote for the Ds in the Georgia run-off and you LITERALLY get a $2000 check". Don't run cover for that dirtbag.

Curt
This week on the Senate floor Mitch McConnell wants to vote to override Trump's veto of the $740 billion defense funding bill and then head home for the New Year.

I'm going to object until we get a vote on legislation to provide a $2,000 direct payment to the working class.
[twitter.com]

No idea why that would make him dead to you. Because he was fighting for Americans who are hurting? This is - yet again - more proof you are not liberal or progressive in any way. You are clearly a conservative Republican. You'd get along fine with Ted Cruz if he had a better grasp of decorum. eye rolling smiley

January 22, 2021 04:59AM
Chuck Schumer took over as... ahem... "leader" (LOL!) of the Senate and what was his first course of action? He agreed to split power with Mitch McConnell. All committees will be evenly split between Ds and Rs ensuring that we will be getting absolutely nothing but Republican policy while the Ds have FULL CONTROL OF GOVERNMENT.

And yet here you folks are - acting like you just won the lottery. grinning smiley
January 22, 2021 05:20AM
You obviously don't know how committees work. That was the responsible thing to do so long as the Dems retained the Chairmanship.
January 22, 2021 05:39AM
Indy!

Curt

[twitter.com]

No idea why that would make him dead to you...

Bernie PROMISED! But I didn't get my $2000, waaaah!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!