SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long form essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

How's Everybody Feelin?

Posted by Rube 
How's Everybody Feelin?
January 21, 2021 05:11PM
I enjoyed the whole kerfuffle that took place in the wake of the election...the Trump gang squawking about the stolen election and, especially, the squirming of the Swampcult progressives beginning with Donna's claim that there is NO evidence of fraud to the point that...there was not enough irregularity and corruption and fraud to change the result of the election.

To my surprise, I was profoundly entertained. Amused from, what?, about two days after the election.

You probably thought I was putting it on. I myself thought that it was probably a passing form of hysteria...but, no. With each day, my amusement at the pols on both sides, the MSM and, especially, our own SS Swampcultists increased. My joy approached mania. But, it wasn't.

It's odd. I was increasingly lighthearted.

On the other hand, po, for one, clearly, became, increasingly, pi$$ed. She has dropped more effbombs, per dozen posts, than ever, since her candidate won.

Fascinating.

But, I wasn't sure how I'd be once Joe placed his hand on the Bible.

In truth, I was thoroughly, delightfully, entertained.

That historic blending of church and state in the Inauguration ceremony delighted me to no end!

And, I was wondering if you self-proclaimed freethinking secularists were cringing with the quote of St. Augustine, the citing and direct quotation of the biblical wisdom of Psalm 30:5, the quote from American Anthem and the singing of AMAZING GRACE by country star Garth Brooks, no less, were vomiting...

...or if your TDS quelled your abhorrence of what was absolutely a blending of church and state to an unconstitutional degree.

My guess is that your hate of Trump overrode your hate of religion, Christianity specifically.

Me?

I was engrossed..."excessively diverted," as Elizabeth Bennet says in PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!

I have no hope that the perverted, demented, doddering old fart will accomplish anything of significance. And, if, as a result his election, America, ultimately, crumbles, I'll probably be gone when it happens.

So, me? The best way I can describe it is that I'm feeling something like a runner's high. I'm nearly preternaturally happy.

And, it's all about the silliness of the MSM, Swampcult pols in, as Indy notes, the one party. But, mostly you, my SS colleagues.

I'm having an absolute blast.

You!!!!!?
Re: How's Everybody Feelin?
January 21, 2021 05:23PM
Oh your derangement about Biden is shaping up to be monumental.

And for your information, Donna and I were weeping tears of joy throughout the entire inauguration ceremony. You conservatives apparently aren't much for ceremony and tradition. You wouldn't understand.

"I have no hope that the perverted, demented, doddering old fart will accomplish anything of significance." -pb

And I have no doubt whatsoever that you will totally ignore, discount, or deny every instance of when he does. I'd bet the farm on it.

January 21, 2021 05:29PM
And for your information, Donna and I were weeping tears of joy throughout the entire inauguration ceremony. You conservatives apparently aren't much for ceremony and tradition. You wouldn't understand. -po

So I was right. The TDS won out.

I thought that it was conservatives who lived in the past and focused on their existence on ceremony and tradition.

Hmmm.

Maybe Indy is right. You actually are the true conservatives.

Fits. You certainly are NOT progressives.

Bahahahaha, ahhhhhh!
January 21, 2021 05:32PM
I'm sorry....... hello...? pb.......? Can you hear me...........? I'm losing you... Your subjective reality is traveling too far away from the real one to get decent reception............

January 21, 2021 05:48PM
Ponderer
I'm sorry....... hello...? pb.......? Can you hear me...........? I'm losing you... Your subjective reality is traveling too far away from the real one to get decent reception............

Oh?

Hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha hoohoohoohoohoohoo. Kehehehehehe hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha, ahhhhhh!

Kehehehehehe hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehe hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hoohoohoohoohoohoo hehehehehehehe hoohoohoohoohoohoo hahahahahaha hahahahahaha, ahhhhhh!
January 21, 2021 05:55PM
Yeah. We lost the connection. All I'm receiving is ear-piercing static.

January 21, 2021 06:06PM
Ponderer
Yeah. We lost the connection. All I'm receiving is ear-piercing static.

I'm sure it's post-presidency TDS. They say that it's going to be nasty.
January 21, 2021 06:36PM
I have no problem with a polician expressing their own religious faith. That's perfectly Constitutional. It's only a problem when it becomes a law that affects everyone.
January 21, 2021 06:59PM
Donna
I have no problem with a polician expressing their own religious faith. That's perfectly Constitutional. It's only a problem when it becomes a law that affects everyone.

During that whole ceremony, Joe foisted every ounce of his heavily Christianized brand of liberal civil religion on a hapless nation.

I could be wrong, but I suspect that you'll be less tolerant if, say, Ted Cruz is elected in 024 and heaps an equally large dose of Hispanic Pentecostalism on the nation.

Maybe we'll see.
January 21, 2021 07:01PM
Cruz will never be elected president, but I'm perfectly fine with him expressing his mythology.
January 21, 2021 07:02PM
Wow. I had no idea that you held Catholicism in such a high level of contempt and disregard!

Did a Catholic priest run over your puppy as a child?

January 21, 2021 07:03PM
Ponderer
Wow. I had no idea that you held Catholicism in such a high level of contempt and disregard!

Did a Catholic priest run over your puppy as a child?

huh
January 22, 2021 12:52AM
i'm feelin' like a good laugh

==========================================================================
January 22, 2021 01:55AM
An image of the action to taken to ensure that your country has a future. And, though you are too dense to understand, a true indicator of freedom. The defense of freedom from authoritarian takeover.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!