Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Mail in voting is now safe!

Posted by islander 
Mail in voting is now safe!
August 05, 2020 12:04AM
But only in states where Trump thinks it might help him.

How much will it take for his supporters to see that he is just a con man, a grifter, and they have been grifted by this huckster? It's almost as if he has been pushing those 'marks' to the limits all along, just to see how far he can go! LoL !!!

[www.foxnews.com]
pb
Re: Mail in voting is now safe!
August 05, 2020 12:13AM
islander
But only in states where Trump thinks it might help him.

How much will it take for his supporters to see that he is just a con man, a grifter, and they have been grifted by this huckster? It's almost as if he has been pushing those 'marks' to the limits all along, just to see how far he can go! LoL !!!

[www.foxnews.com]

A con man, a grifter. Bahahahaha. You could have just said, "politician," or, maybe you need to know when you've been grifted.

Tell us. You voted for Hillary, right?

The crooks in City Hall in Philadelphia will steal the election in Pennsylvania if they have something as easy to diddle as mail in ballots.
August 05, 2020 12:17AM
I am embarrassed as an American to know that there are millions of gullible Americans who don't have the critical thinking skills to realize that they've been repeatedly conned. And overtly conned at that. I have received emails from strangers claiming to be a Nigerian princes who are more subtle in their con man antics.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

August 05, 2020 12:45AM
I know a few people that are still being conned. eye rolling smiley
pb
August 05, 2020 01:22AM
Indy!
I know a few people that are still being conned. eye rolling smiley

Yes, I guess we do...willingly.
August 05, 2020 01:29AM
Like the old saying... If it feels good, do it. smoking smiley
August 05, 2020 02:15AM
Indy!
Like the old saying... If it feels good, do it. smoking smiley

You and pb must be feeling good!

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

August 05, 2020 02:44AM
Just out of curiosity, Curt - how many phone calls have you made for Joe Biden? smiling smiley
August 05, 2020 02:52AM
Indy!
Just out of curiosity, Curt - how many phone calls have you made for Joe Biden? smiling smiley

Seriously? None. There isn't much point here in Oregon, Biden will win the this state easily. Ashland will be bluer than the state as a whole.

August 05, 2020 06:08AM
Every swing state except N. Carolina rejects mail-in ballots that arrive late. Considering the large volume of mail that will be arriving at post offices before election day and DeJoy's order that the USPS will no longer allow its workers to work overtime, those swing states are going to be rejecting a shitload of ballots.

This election is shaping up to be a disaster.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 06:26AM by Donna.
pb
August 05, 2020 01:09PM
I think Trump is being reasonable to warn of the dangers of a mail in election. As strongly as I support Trump because he's the anti-Swamp Sultan of Swat, I don't think I've ever accused him of being reasonable. In fact, his strength for me is that he ain't.

But, think about it. The election is three months away. To attempt to revolutionize the manner in which ballots are collected and counted FOR A PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION? Insane.

Trump is being reasonable. True to form, he's not going about it reasonably.

As a hater of the Swamp, as I am, that whole enterprise, being an invitation to chaos, has its appeal. But, in the end, the Dems will find a way to steal the election and, in the end, the Swamp will win...and be strengthened.

So, again. I'm with Trump.
August 05, 2020 03:05PM
Donna said:
This election is shaping up to be a disaster

Trump and his supporters are certainly going to do everything they can to ensure that it is. His supporters know that he can’t win in a fair election. What I’ve come to see, and this has been a difficult thing for me to accept, especially when it comes to family members and people I once respected, is that his supporters don’t care what he does to win because they identify with him. And since they share so many of his personality traits, in their own mind they understand him, and they themselves would, if they felt it necessary, do those same kinds of things. Whether what he does is right or wrong, honest or dishonest, they are somehow able to rationalize why it’s ok. The ends always justify the means and their defenses are obfuscation, deflection, and of course, projection.

As far as mail in voting goes, an example of Trump's strategy is to "flood the zone with @#$%&" (in Steve Bannon's immortal words). He doesn't care whether he has an actual case or not—the goal is simply to create confusion and doubt so the whole idea of "truth" becomes suspect.

Mail in balloting is not a newfangled idea; it was already deeply embedded in the American electoral system long before the coronavirus hit, and it makes perfect sense to use it if we can during this health crisis. Trump is using it in his own twisted way by turning it into a weapon in his attempt to sabotage this election.
pb
August 05, 2020 03:27PM
Trump and his supporters are certainly going to do everything they can to ensure that it is. His supporters know that he can’t win in a fair election. What I’ve come to see, and this has been a difficult thing for me to accept, especially when it comes to family members and people I once respected, is that his supporters don’t care what he does to win because they identify with him. And since they share so many of his personality traits, in their own mind they understand him, and they themselves would, if they felt it necessary, do those same kinds of things. -isle

So, do you see what I mean when I talk about progressive sanctimony?!!!!

"We progressives are, heck, just plain superior to those morally defective Trump supporters."

Dang! I just wish I could be as much better than the rest of humanity in the way progressives are.

Clearly, the reason people hate the Swamp is because they're not sufficiently evolved,...enlightened,...unable to reach that higher, progressive plain.

Sadly, isle and po and Curt, there are too many neanderthals out there. Trump's gonna win.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2020 03:30PM by pb.
August 05, 2020 04:50PM
Pb, as a hater of the Swamp, tell us what precisely it is that Orange Anus Face has done to so effectively drain it by your estimation? What huge swamp creatures has he run-out of town? What is it that he has changed besides pissing everyone off while enriching himself to millions?

August 05, 2020 05:08PM
Bingo, islander - everything you said.

Gosh, how long has it been since we first asked pb to give us an example of how Trump has supposedly drained the swamp? Obviously he doesn't have an answer, else he would have provided that by now. Also noteworthy is that he never has any comment when others here post example after example of how Trump has filled the swamp.

You have to remember that pb is here strictly for entertainment, which is a particularly important thing for him now because he's been holed up for a long time because of the quarantine. He's got to be bored to tears by now.

pb keeps posting that Trump is draining the swamp because he thinks it annoys us. He uses it the same way he used "Obama is a thug". I'm sure he gets a big chuckle when people take his bait and respond to it. He enjoys f'ucking with us like that.
pb
August 05, 2020 05:36PM
Ponderer
Pb, as a hater of the Swamp, tell us what precisely it is that Orange Anus Face has done to so effectively drain it by your estimation? What huge swamp creatures has he run-out of town? What is it that he has changed besides pissing everyone off while enriching himself to millions?

How many times do you suppose you have asked this question?!

Why should I answer...AGAIN!? Only to have you raise the question once a week, probably more as the day approaches!

The truth of the matter is that George Will and you are saying the same things about this election and Donna is praising The Lincoln Project.

And, tuk and Indy and OD and I are laughing...at y'all.
August 05, 2020 06:36PM
It might have to do with the fact that you have never given anything resembling a serious, realistic answer.

And I don't get it. So what if George Will and I are saying the same things?

August 05, 2020 06:41PM
Curt Anderson
Indy!

Seriously? None. There isn't much point here in Oregon, Biden will win the this state easily. Ashland will be bluer than the state as a whole.

You know there's 50 states, right? And you do have long distance calling, right? Thought you supported this guy.
August 05, 2020 07:20PM
Indy!
Curt Anderson
Indy!

You know there's 50 states, right? And you do have long distance calling, right? Thought you supported this guy.

I am not into cold calling. If I thought making local calls to people I know could make a difference I would do that.

August 05, 2020 07:44PM
When a swamp is drained, the water is lost. What remains is dry land. What benefit is that? Many swamps are vital to the agriculture and food supply of their territories. Trump is not draining a swamp. He is wallowing in mud.
August 05, 2020 09:08PM
Curt
I am not into cold calling. If I thought making local calls to people I know could make a difference I would do that.

I'm not into cold calling nor am I a fan of receiving them.
August 05, 2020 09:18PM
I have done it, though I don't like to. It does provide interesting perspectives, though. I was more into writing up brochures and position statements.
August 05, 2020 09:27PM
Trump himself didn't exactly drain the swamp. He filled it with polluted water, and our criminal justice system had to remove the pollution.

Michael Cohen
Paul Manafort
George Papadopoulos
Richard Pinedo
Alex van der Zwaan
Roger Stone
Rick Gates Michael Flynn

And there's still more remove.
August 06, 2020 02:00PM
I think Trump is beginning to fully understand that he can't legally stop states from choosing to use mail in voting. It now appears that approximately 40% of the voters in the three biggest swing states will be choosing to vote by mail.

Following Trump's stance 'against' mail in voting, it appears that less Republicans are choosing to to vote by mail. FL is a state Trump absolutely needs to win if he has any hope at all of being reelected. From the article I read, in the state of Florida, "Democrats have doubled the number of their voters who have requested mail ballots compared to 2016, Republicans have increased their numbers by about 20% since then."

Trump now has to get more Republicans in FL to vote by mail. His ridiculous anti-mail-in voting fiasco to try to sell people on the idea that mail in voting will result in massive voting fraud is backfiring on him. He now has to reassure Republicans that mail in voting is safe and secure---in the battleground states he needs to win.

Even Republicans are beginning to see the blunder in Trump's phoney anti-mail in tactic. “Why give Democrats 10 or 11 days to vote and expect Republicans to vote on one day?” asked Rohn Bishop, Republican Party chair in Fond du Lac County, Wisconsin. “It puts us at a disadvantage.” ....
pb
August 06, 2020 02:50PM
I think that Trump fired a shot across the Dems' bough.

He's going to send an army into the field of battle on election day...and beyond, if necessary.

Anyone with a brain knows that the Dems are the cheating party, going back to the days of Tammany Hall, Mayor Daley and Philly's City Hall and other large northern cities and all through the south in the days that the Dems dominated.

Don't think that he's going to roll over and play dead while the Dems take advantage of the COVID-19 crisis to steal the election.

Ain't gonna happen.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!