Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Some predict that the outcome of the election will be slow in coming. I think we will know quickly.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
There are some states that will portend the presidential election outcome. Winning one or two of certain states is almost a sure-fire guarantee of victory for either candidate.

If Biden is declared the winner in any of the toss up states of Arizona, Wisconsin or North Carolina he is probably the next president. Trump's almost certainly needs to win all those states to be re-elected. If Biden wins Florida he has been elected.

If Biden is declared the winner in any of the electorally-rich Republican leaning states of Ohio, Georgia or Texas he is certainly the winner. Biden winning Iowa with its six electoral votes helps his cause greatly but might not secure a Biden win.

If Trump is declared the winner in any of the Democratic leaning states of Michigan or Pennsylvania that would be major upset and he is very likely re-elected. Trump could win Minnesota, New Hampshire or Nevada and still lose the election, but it's no certainty.

In all but two of the above-mentioned states, any voter can vote absentee. In New Hampshire an excuse is required to vote absentee. However concerns about coronavirus is considered a legitimate excuse in the Granite State. In Texas an excuse to vote absentee is required.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

Way to early to be losing it, Curt. I don't know what the polls say right now, but I would be surprised if Joe won Florida considering what I'm seeing on the ground here. I know a couple party insiders who are voting for him, but even they are cracking sardonic jokes about what a long shot it would be.
Indy!
Way to early to be losing it, Curt. I don't know what the polls say right now, but I would be surprised if Joe won Florida considering what I'm seeing on the ground here. I know a couple party insiders who are voting for him, but even they are cracking sardonic jokes about what a long shot it would be.

Apart from what the party bosses in Philadelphia may come up with, it doesn't look good for the doddering old fart in Pennsylvania, either.
Shades of 2016 everywhere, but maybe Joe will invigorate his voters with another 6-day-old podcast from his basement. smiling smiley
Indy!
Shades of 2016 everywhere, but maybe Joe will invigorate his voters with another 6-day-old podcast from his basement. smiling smiley

We can only hope.
Any mail-in votes in those swing stats that arrive late, ( and many will becsuse of the ordered USPS slow-down, ) they won't be counted.
Donna
Any mail-in votes in those swing stats that arrive late, ( and many will becsuse of the ordered USPS slow-down, ) they won't be counted.

The Republicans' voter suppression antics are despicable. But ultimately those heavy-handed tactics are counterproductive. Nothing angers people like the threat of having a right taken away. It motivates people to register to vote and to cast their votes early. Not to mention that sort of crap makes Trump and the GOP look bad in the eyes of voters. It's certainly a good talking point for the Democrats.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

Curt Anderson
Donna

The Republicans' voter suppression antics are despicable. But ultimately those heavy-handed tactics are counterproductive. Nothing angers people like the threat of having a right taken away. It motivates people to register to vote and to cast their votes early. Not to mention that sort of crap makes Trump and the GOP look bad in the eyes of voters. It's certainly a good talking point for the Democrats.

The GOPs have generally struggled to support the integrity of elections.

Voter suppression is a Dem thing which thrived in the south in the decades when a southern GOP couldn't get elected.

Fiddling with elections is very much a Dem thing, from suppression in the south to machine-corrupted voting in large northern cities.

Those dirty, filthy Dems!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!