Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trump to Issue Executive Order on Mail In Voting

Posted by pb 
pb
Trump to Issue Executive Order on Mail In Voting
August 04, 2020 02:41PM
Hopefully, probably, he'll do it soon. Don't fret TDSers. This is why our slave-owning Founding, uh, Fathers created three branches of government.

Don't panic, po, Donna, Curt. It'll work out.

[apnews.com]
Re: Trump to Issue Executive Order on Mail In Voting
August 04, 2020 04:59PM
That's a reason to oppose Trump right there. Not because he opposes vote-by-mail, but because he is an ignoramus who thinks the federal government has any say in voting procedures. Each state has their own "style" rules. That's why states are inconsistent in how America votes. The only commonalities are covered by constitutional amendments saying who can vote.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

August 04, 2020 05:12PM
“I have the right to do it,” Trump told reporters at a White House press conference. “We haven’t gotten there yet, we’ll see what happens.” -Orange Julius Caesar

I'm not panicked. I'm not even worried. He's always threatening to do all sorts of third world banana republic fascist dictator @#$%& that he has no legal power to do. Not that he never succeeds with some of what he wants to inflict on the American people. In literal spite of legal or constitutional constraints.

I almost wish I was young enough to see the utter trouncing that history is going to unleash on this megalomaniacal bastard. In the middle of a raging pandemic that his incompetent inaction, self-centered nihilism, and blithering pig-ignorance has needlessly and homicidally intensified beyond belief, he is going to try to eliminate voting by mail in order to keep the voting to a minimum, which he thinks will benefit him, thereby forcing people to vote in person regardless of the danger of contracting and spreading the disease that doing that causes. And this is just the very latest in a four year string of moral atrocities that he has habitually committed on a weekly basis on average. History is going to be as cruel to him as he deserves. He is going to make Nero and his fiddle look like FDR.

And before you fire up the old TDS Response Generator, please take a moment to contemplate on how someone plainly and honestly (though colorfully) describing the reality of our situation and the enemy we face is met with your accusations of derangement when you never have a single factual or rational thing to support that accusation with. Because that is what derangement actually looks like.

pb, you actually have the saddest case of conservative projection I have ever witnessed.

August 04, 2020 05:14PM
Curt, how do you think your governor will respond when the orange asshole "orders" her to cancel voting by mail and come up with all the infrastructure and manpower to hold in-person voting in a matter of a few weeks?

How long do you think she will laugh?

pb
August 04, 2020 05:22PM
pb, you actually have the saddest case of conservative projection I have ever witnessed. -po

What in the name of God's Green Apples is conservative projection?
August 04, 2020 05:53PM
conservative [ kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv ]
noun
8. a person who is conservative in principles, actions, habits, etc.
9. a supporter of conservative political policies.

"According to Karen R. Koenig, M.Ed, LCSW, projection refers to unconsciously taking unwanted emotions or traits you don’t like about yourself and attributing them to someone else.

A common example is a cheating spouse who suspects their partner is being unfaithful. Instead of acknowledging their own infidelity, they transfer, or project, this behavior onto their partner."
-link

August 04, 2020 05:54PM
It's a trick they learned from Goebbels.

pb
August 04, 2020 06:03PM
pb is a moderate. It's impossible for him to project conservativism.

Of course, as has been noted in the past, Marx was a conservative compared to you.

pb suspects that you are OCD about conservatives. It's a more general form of derangement than the more specific TDS.
August 04, 2020 06:04PM

"9. a supporter of conservative political policies."

August 04, 2020 06:05PM
By the way, obfuscation was another Goebbels trick conservatives have learned all too well.

August 04, 2020 07:23PM
Well I agree you probably won't live to see Trump's undoing at the hands of historians. Because for one thing - we're going to have a long period of D rehabilitation for his legacy like Bush is getting now. All the TDSers will be saying "Gee, why is President 2028 so horrible? Why can't he follow the Constitution like Trump did?" smiling smiley
August 04, 2020 07:34PM
I suspect that you will not have to wait too long for the verdict to be rendered on Trump, Ponderer. History will merely debate the correctness and reliability. Trump is for the High Jump. In democracies, the wheels of Justice turn slowly but they are turning and the case is growing relentlessly. In most of the States tha he admires, he would have been forcibly removed before this.
August 04, 2020 08:51PM
Ponderer
...I almost wish I was young enough to see the utter trouncing that history is going to unleash on this megalomaniacal bastard...

He's been rated by some historians already. The American Political Science Association rates Trump at 44 of 44. The Sienna College Research Institute rates Trump at 42 out of 44, beating out James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson. See [en.wikipedia.org]

The SCRI surveyed of 157 presidential scholars. See [en.wikipedia.org] Presidents are rated on about 20 characteristics. The only "traits" where Trump isn't at the bottom of the barrel are luck and risk-taking.

I have no doubt that Trump will go down in history as the consensus worst president of all time.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

pb
August 04, 2020 08:54PM
Prophets are only appreciated after their life's work is finished.

Political scientists are not historians. They make their living off of the Swamp.

Of course, they'd hate Trump.
August 04, 2020 09:53PM
Political scientists are historians. History is the essential element in their theories and thinking.
August 04, 2020 11:06PM
Ponderer
Curt, how do you think your governor will respond when the orange asshole "orders" her to cancel voting by mail and come up with all the infrastructure and manpower to hold in-person voting in a matter of a few weeks?

I suspect EVERY governor had a good laugh at Trump's empty threat, although the Republican governors who hitched their wagon to Trump probably laughed ruefully. Governors are quite aware of powers that the states hold and know the limitations of the federal government.

pb
August 05, 2020 12:15AM
Curt Anderson
Ponderer

I suspect EVERY governor had a good laugh at Trump's empty threat, although the Republican governors who hitched their wagon to Trump probably laughed ruefully. Governors are quite aware of powers that the states hold and know the limitations of the federal government.

Yeah, the ol States Right trick, eh! Dems have been using that since shortly after the Civil War.
August 05, 2020 12:47AM
They said all those bad things about Bush 43 too. Now you Ds are missing his... ahem... steady command of the country. smileys with beer
August 05, 2020 01:03AM
I'm a bit worried though, Curt, that the flaming orange asshole is going to get his new postmaster general to @#$%& with the post offices in blue states. You, I, and the governors know that he can't directly stop mail-in voting, but he can get his millionaire donor he gave the job of postmaster to to @#$%& things up six ways from Sunday.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!