Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trump Plans Emergency to Stay in Office

Posted by pb 
pb
Trump Plans Emergency to Stay in Office
August 03, 2020 01:28PM
Here's a way to do a reality self-check: If you believe this, you have TDS...

...Donna?

[www.msn.com]
Re: Trump Plans Emergency to Stay in Office
August 03, 2020 01:43PM
and several others.
August 03, 2020 06:36PM
I'm just curious, pb. Why would you think that his trying such a thing is so out of the question or even unlikely?

August 03, 2020 06:37PM
Hallucinations of the TDS crowd. smoking smiley
pb
August 03, 2020 06:40PM
Ponderer
I'm just curious, pb. Why would you think that his trying such a thing is so out of the question or even unlikely?

I'm sane...and not infected.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/03/2020 06:44PM by pb.
August 03, 2020 06:43PM
Senators and Congressmen are giving the same warning. Is that TDS?
August 03, 2020 06:48PM
I'm totally serious, pb. Given this man's single-minded behavior over the last four or five years, how can you honestly think that pulling some stunt as described in the article is beyond something that he would do? His very survival is at stake. The rest of his life after he leaves office is going to be a continuous cavalcade of legal charges and revelations. Why do you think he will happily and willingly accept that happening if there is literally anything he could try to postpone the inevitable for another four years?

pb
August 03, 2020 06:54PM
Ponderer
I'm totally serious, pb. Given this man's single-minded behavior over the last four or five years, how can you honestly think that pulling some stunt as described in the article is beyond something that he would do? His very survival is at stake. The rest of his life after he leaves office is going to be a continuous cavalcade of legal charges and revelations. Why do you think he will happily and willingly accept that happening if there is literally anything he could try to postpone the inevitable for another four years?

Again. First of all, I'm sane.

Secondly, I'm not infected. My sense is that the viewing of Rachel makes one highly susceptible to TDS, sort of like the way smoking is linked to cancer.

This stuff is laughable to me. Knee slappingly hilarious.

Of course, in the unlikely event that Trump loses to the DOF from Delaware, we'll find out which of us is disconnected from reality.
August 03, 2020 07:10PM
"Of course, in the unlikely event that Trump loses to the DOF from Delaware, we'll find out which of us is disconnected from reality." -pb

We certainly will. Because if he actually does pull something like this, I hereby predict that far from admitting your error in judgement about his willingness to do such a thing, you and Olde Dude here will incredulously defend his actions.

I can already hear it: "Well he was forced to do it! Any president would have to have done what he did. Given how the Democrats _______ and the election was so ______, he was left with no choice!" This is when we will see true TDS in action.

It is certainly not deluded to expect that he could try this. I'm not saying he definitely will. However I do believe it is highly likely. But it is totally insane to believe that he absolutely would never do it. It is totally sane to recognize the likelihood. The smartest people in the country recognize it.

pb
August 03, 2020 07:28PM
It is certainly not deluded to expect that he could try this. I'm not saying he definitely will. However I do believe it is highly likely. But it is totally insane to believe that he absolutely would never do it. It is totally sane to recognize the likelihood. The smartest people in the country recognize it. -po

The deluded, by definition, are incapable of recognizing their condition.

This whole idea is, in my opinion, silliness to the extreme. It is, I believe, precisely the sort of irrationality that hepped up hate produces.

And, it's not the sort of irrationality your fellow TDSer, Curt, exhibits.

Curt, is of the opinion that Trump will resign and, by previous arrangement, be pardoned by Pence.

This is also insane.

But, of the two scenarios, the one that is far more likely.
August 03, 2020 07:44PM
You aren't explaining how it is deluded to think he could do any of those things. You are just declaring it deluded with no rational, explainable justification at all. You also have no reasons to give of why he wouldn't or couldn't do it. You are just saying it's deluded to think he would.

We explain all of our rationalizations for what we excuse him of. Our opinions and expectations are based on actual, real things he does and has done in the past.

And you never have anything to present in your slavish devotion to supporting and defending him that would stand as a rational argument to contradict us. Never.

August 03, 2020 07:48PM
meagain
Senators and Congressmen are giving the same warning. Is that TDS?

Yes.

PB
Secondly, I'm not infected. My sense is that the viewing of Rachel makes one highly susceptible to TDS, sort of like the way smoking is linked to cancer.

Exactly.
pb
August 03, 2020 08:14PM
Ponderer
You aren't explaining how it is deluded to think he could do any of those things. You are just declaring it deluded with no rational, explainable justification at all. You also have no reasons to give of why he wouldn't or couldn't do it. You are just saying it's deluded to think he would.

We explain all of our rationalizations for what we excuse him of. Our opinions and expectations are based on actual, real things he does and has done in the past.

And you never have anything to present in your slavish devotion to supporting and defending him that would stand as a rational argument to contradict us. Never.

Your reasons are entirely devoid of a connection to reality. This strikes me of trying to converse with my dad when he was waaaaay into dementia.

I'll happily acknowledge I was wrong if you're right but you seem completely wacked out to me on this one, po.

I don't support Trump. I merely vote for him for reasons I've explained many times.
August 03, 2020 08:39PM
"
The deluded, by definition, are incapable of recognizing their condition."

You prove this with your every post on Biden. The question is whether you are deluded about the criminal behaviour and the danger of Trump to your country or whether you are suffering from more generalised delusions.
August 03, 2020 09:58PM
pb

...Donna?

[www.msn.com]

We already know he's contemplating it. He suggested postponing the election. What possible reason could there be for doing that if not an "emergency"?

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

pb
August 03, 2020 10:18PM
Curt Anderson
pb

...Donna?

[www.msn.com]

We already know he's contemplating it. He suggested postponing the election. What possible reason could there be for doing that if not an "emergency"?

Yikes, Curt!

He's afraid that the Dems will use these unusual circumstances to try to steal the election. They will certainly try to steal it here in Pennsylvania. And, they'll probably succeed, being that Pennsylvania is only bluish purple. The shenanigans that they can pull in Philadelphia will easily cover any legitimate margin Trump can build up here.
August 03, 2020 10:32PM
pb
Curt Anderson
pb

...Donna?

[www.msn.com]

Yikes, Curt!

He's afraid that the Dems will use these unusual circumstances to try to steal the election. They will certainly try to steal it here in Pennsylvania. And, they'll probably succeed, being that Pennsylvania is only bluish purple. The shenanigans that they can pull in Philadelphia will easily cover any legitimate margin Trump can build up here.

That makes no sense. Even if he believed the Dems would "steal" the election, why delay it? It's three months away. If he has evidence of rigging he should prevent it.

Trump is unintentionally sabotaging his own and Republican candidates' campaigns.

pb
August 03, 2020 10:44PM
The hope, I assume, is for the COVID crisis to abate so extraordinary measures are not taken to hold the election. Give the Dems an inch and they'll take a mile.

Imo, this is much ado about nothing. The only state that I'm aware of that is predisposed to the sort of corruption that would make a difference is Pennsylvania. All the other states dominated by Dem corruption will vote Dem anyway...Illinois, New York, New Jersey.

Of course, if Pennsylvania provides the Dems their margin...
August 03, 2020 10:57PM
Pb,
If Trump thinks that there is voter fraud, he should form a committee to investigate it. Oh nevermind, he's already tried that.

Trump Commision on Election Integrity Found No Evidence of Voter Fraud
Trump Panel Finds No Voter Fraud. Court filings show that in spite of the president’s claim that millions of people voted illegally, his recently disbanded commission found no evidence of voter fraud.
[www.usnews.com]

pb
August 03, 2020 11:42PM
Curt Anderson
pb
Curt Anderson
pb

...Donna?

[www.msn.com]

Yikes, Curt!

That makes no sense. Even if he believed the Dems would "steal" the election, why delay it? It's three months away. If he has evidence of rigging he should prevent it.

Please don't expect me to splain or defend Trump's TWEETS.

That's my take. He been going on and on about the Dems stealing the election and using alternate ways of voting to steal the election. And, with some reason.
August 04, 2020 12:40AM
pb

Curt, is of the opinion that Trump will resign and, by previous arrangement, be pardoned by Pence..

No, that is not my opinion. See [www.selectsmart.com] My understanding of pardons is that they have be pardons for specific crimes, not simply a carte blanche absolving and excusing all criminal activity known and unknown. Is it politically feasible that Pence would pardon Trump for income tax evasion, all the cases of fraud, all the cases of money laundering, individual counts of sexual assault, etc.?

What about civil lawsuits? I am guessing that they can't be pardoned away.

also, I am not so sure that a president can pardon a corporation:
Manhattan DA Seeking President Trump’s Tax Returns Cites Probe Into Reports Of ‘Protracted Criminal Conduct’ At Trump Organization [newyork.cbslocal.com]

August 04, 2020 12:47AM
Pence also can't pardon anyone for anything but federal crimes. That's why Barr is going hog-wild trying to get rid of any state prosecutors who might advance the state cases against him already.

August 04, 2020 12:52AM
It is almost amusing to read pb's "corruption allegations. The Republicans are probably the mist corrupt bunch of thieves in the democratic world and they have gerrymandered every state where they are dominant. That is on the record.
pb
August 04, 2020 12:44PM
What this thread has done is to demonstrate that TDS is alive and well on SS.
August 04, 2020 05:20PM
"What this thread has done is to demonstrate that TDS is alive and well on SS." -pb

You say that. But were I to ask you to give examples of any derangement any of us have spoken in here, you couldn't cite and support a single thing.

What this and many other threads have done here is demonstrate the absolute idiocy and emptiness of the OAF cult members' accusations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!