Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

America Is Officially in ‘F'uck It’ Mode

Posted by Donna 
America Is Officially in ‘F'uck It’ Mode
May 24, 2020 08:51PM
When doing the right thing is too hard, we give up and let fate run wild

To outsiders, the way Americans have resisted all measures for controlling the spread of COVID-19 — and successfully pushed for “reopening” in a good many states, despite testing failures and the absence of a vaccine — must seem ludicrous. Has any culture lived in such denial, or appeared so bent on self-destruction?

I can’t say for sure. But I also know that this attitude is far from unprecedented. We are a people who face danger with reckless abandon, just drunk enough to think we’re invincible. When the going gets tough, we say, “@#$%& it.”

[melmagazine.com]

Great piece. Got it from SelectSmart alumnus Sean R. Shealy, AKA Paleoliberal.
Re: America Is Officially in ‘F'uck It’ Mode
May 25, 2020 08:40AM
Just like Canada when it didn't bother to even attempt to stop the virus from entering the country.

The truth is most of humanity has been in F^ck it mode for aeons.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!
May 25, 2020 12:04PM
I think it’s a small percentage. My sister said she went to church today (eye rolling smiley) and there were only 20 ppl.
June 07, 2020 06:44PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!