Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Trump's legal team's very Trumpian response to the charges of impeachment
It is collection of Trump's tweets presented in legalese.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

John Bel Edwards (D) re-elected in Louisiana. Bad news for Trump.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
John Bel Edwards (D) re-elected in Louisiana. Bad news for Trump.
November 17, 2019 06:25AM
Like the just-held election in Kentucky, Louisiana is a ruby red state and polls indicated a toss-up election. Trump visited both states and begged voters to vote for the Republican gubernatorial candidates. The majority of voters in both states ignored Trump's pleas and elected Democratic governors. In Louisiana, "Eddie" Rispone (R) ran with the promise that he'd help Trump and Trump's agenda. Apparently Louisianans weren't all sold on Trump or the Trump agenda.

One of Trump's supposed powers was his ability to use his influence to win elections for down-ballot Republicans. In a what-have-you-done-for-me lately world, Trump looks less than formidable if he cannot help GOP candidates win in the conservative states. I have a feeling that the spell is breaking and elected Republicans will be slightly less obedient and obsequious.

Liz throws Bernie a lifeline; he forms a noose with it to hang himself.

Re: John Bel Edwards (D) re-elected in Louisiana. Bad news for Trump.
November 17, 2019 08:01AM
And now the Trumpkins will start minimizing these losses and find a way to blame anyone but their Dear Leader.
pb
November 17, 2019 02:00PM
I think it's bad for the GOPs, but not necessarily for Trump.

It seems to me that Trump may be Obama 2.0. The Dems lost big after O was elected, from 010 on. But, Obama won his two terms.

Don't be surprised to see the GOP devastated in 020 and Trump win a squeaker, losing, of course, the popular vote but winning a close one in the Electoral College.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2019 03:01PM by pb.
November 17, 2019 10:44PM
The GOP gave Obama big help the second time around by nominating a horrible candidate. And even then, if Romney wasn't dumb enough to make the "47%" comment he still might have won. Support for Obama was very soft by '12. The one thing that MIGHT be accomplished by this impeachment farce is the 5-10% of the GOP that still cares about the country and the presidency could have their minds changed and not show up at the polls. But knowing the ineptitude of Nancy Pelosi and the Democrats? I don't expect that to happen. Bernie needs to overwhelm the polls like Obama did in '08 - otherwise it's going to be another 4 years with the racist game show host.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!