Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger

Posted by pb 
pb
Re: Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger
November 11, 2019 08:40PM
Curt Anderson
The Hamilton Burgers in this saga are clearly Devin Nunes, Jim Jordan and other Republicans attempting to defend Trump. Like Burger they constantly whine about the "process", the opposing side's theatrics, and are consistently two steps behind.

Trump WILL be impeached. After a preliminary trial in the lower court of the US Senate, Trump's fate will be decided in a higher court: the US electorate next November. The televised proceedings will provide the voters plenty of evidence on which we can base our judgement.

Incidentally one of the arguments that Republicans have been using is that the Democrats are trying to undo the 2016 election. It is a safe conclusion that Trump will not be convicted in the Senate, but if he is will be thanks to the Republicans. The most likely outcome is that voters will realize their error of 2016.

I think you're wrong about Hamilton Burger. He was a good guy, just nearly always wrong.

The good guy part is where my link to Adam Schiff breaks down.

I'm inclined to agree with your view of the 2020 election. However, when the GOP Senate controls the process, a more positive image of Trump will certainly appear than
from the moment's dastardly Dem- driven process.

But, will it be enough?
Re: Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger
November 11, 2019 08:44PM
If memory serves Burger won a case or two. But I agree with pb's assessment to date - Schiff was the guy who said he had seen damning evidence in the Russia, Russia, Russia portion of this TV show (which is all it is, btw) - and what did we get? A doddering old Robert Mueller who didn't even know what was in his own report.
pb
November 11, 2019 08:48PM
But I agree with pb's assessment to date... Indy!

I'll mark this date in my diary.
November 11, 2019 08:53PM
The asterisk being Burger won a case or two - so even an incompetent blowhard like Schiff might pull one off too.

Indy's 2 cents? I can tell you in the end the Ds will lose. I don't even need to follow this impeachment thing to know what's what - history is on my side. The Ds ALWAYS find a way to lose. They are the masters at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... just ask Hillary. eye rolling smiley
November 11, 2019 09:00PM
pb
But I agree with pb's assessment to date... Indy!

I'll mark this date in my diary.

Indy has been drifting toward the Dark Side for some time now.

"White power! White power!" --Demented Racist Donald Trump

pb
November 11, 2019 09:07PM
Indy!
The asterisk being Burger won a case or two - so even an incompetent blowhard like Schiff might pull one off too.

Indy's 2 cents? I can tell you in the end the Ds will lose. I don't even need to follow this impeachment thing to know what's what - history is on my side. The Ds ALWAYS find a way to lose. They are the masters at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory... just ask Hillary. eye rolling smiley

The Hillary part rubs salt in Curt's still raw wound.

I think that Perry lost 3 cases...out of 270+. That probably corresponds with Schiff's chances.
November 11, 2019 09:47PM
Exactly. I think we've seen Curt finally come out of his shell. In the past he at least TRIED to pretend he was a little left. Now he refers to progressives as "the Dark Side". smiling smiley
pb
November 11, 2019 09:50PM
Indy!
Exactly. I think we've seen Curt finally come out of his shell. In the past he at least TRIED to pretend he was a little left. Now he refers to progressives as "the Dark Side". smiling smiley

Maybe. But, I think, in this case, he's driven by hate of the guy who defeated his beloved, Hillary.
November 11, 2019 10:08PM
He’s a pencil neck loser who claimed he had “more than circumstantial evidence” of Trump/Russia collusion. This is the clown you’re placing your faith in...
pb
November 11, 2019 10:21PM
tuk22
He’s a pencil neck loser who claimed he had “more than circumstantial evidence” of Trump/Russia collusion. This is the clown you’re placing your faith in...

The fact po, D and Curt trust so deeply in Schiff suggests that this is much more wish than realism-based expectation. As Indy! notes, Schiff seriously dropped the ball on Russia.

Putting so many eggs in a basket being handled by this guy seems foolish to me.

I still suspect that he'll be eaten alive when the process goes public, even though he has as much control as he has over the House process.

Then, of course, there's the fact that, after he's done his best, the GOPs control the process in the Senate.

In the end, we may be confusing Lindsey Graham with Perry Mason.

Trump may very well deserve to be impeached for all I know but with Schiff in charge,...?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2019 10:26PM by pb.
November 11, 2019 10:43PM
PB,
You've already agreed with most people and predicted that the House will impeach Trump. In other words, you are predicting that Schiff will win the first round.

When the Senate trial happens, and Trump's conviction is at stake, there will be outside lawyers making the case for and against Trump. Think Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski.

All senators must be present and, in a break from norms and nature, they must remain silent. McConnell said after the meeting this “should be good therapy for a number of them.”

House lawyers would serve the role of prosecutors, while White House lawyers would be defense counsel. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts would act as judge. Senators would serve as the jury. [www.buzzfeednews.com]

Have you not noticed that Trump's lawyers haven't covered themselves with glory recently. Rudy Giuliani alternates between embarrassing himself and implicating Trump. Trump's lawyers lost a string of cases to hide his tax returns.

"White power! White power!" --Demented Racist Donald Trump

pb
November 11, 2019 11:14PM
Curt,

To use a reference recently employed by po, the jury voted guilty in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Trump's case on the tax returns was weak. The case for impeachment, from what I can tell, will also be weak.

But, we will see.
November 11, 2019 11:18PM
"The fact po, D and Curt trust so deeply in Schiff suggests that this is much more wish than realism-based expectation." -pb

I simply have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he's doing anything other than a competent and thorough job. In fact, his competence seems to be met by the level of right wing attacks against him. Republicans only attack that which they fear.

"I still suspect that he'll be eaten alive when the process goes public," -pb

Over what...?

November 11, 2019 11:22PM
He's a pathological liar. I'd start with that.
November 11, 2019 11:25PM
"To use a reference recently employed by po, the jury voted guilty in To Kill a Mockingbird." -pb

Much as the Republicans will regardless of how the evidence utterly condemns Individual-1. The jury in To Kill a Mockingbird was already determined to see Tom found guilty and hanged. Evidence, schevidence... facts, schmacts. And in your book, that was justice being served. It was certainly justice being acted out, but real justice had little to do with the outcome of that case. As it will when the GOP lets Orange Anus Face totally skate for his obvious crimes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!