Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Write and post your long from essays and articles on The SelectSmart.com Post.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger

Posted by pb 
Re: Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger
November 11, 2019 10:43PM
PB,
You've already agreed with most people and predicted that the House will impeach Trump. In other words, you are predicting that Schiff will win the first round.

When the Senate trial happens, and Trump's conviction is at stake, there will be outside lawyers making the case for and against Trump. Think Archibald Cox and Leon Jaworski.

All senators must be present and, in a break from norms and nature, they must remain silent. McConnell said after the meeting this “should be good therapy for a number of them.”

House lawyers would serve the role of prosecutors, while White House lawyers would be defense counsel. Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts would act as judge. Senators would serve as the jury. [www.buzzfeednews.com]

Have you not noticed that Trump's lawyers haven't covered themselves with glory recently. Rudy Giuliani alternates between embarrassing himself and implicating Trump. Trump's lawyers lost a string of cases to hide his tax returns.

pb
Re: Po, Donna, even Curt don't Realize that Adam Schiff in Merely Hamilton Burger
November 11, 2019 11:14PM
Curt,

To use a reference recently employed by po, the jury voted guilty in To Kill a Mockingbird.

Trump's case on the tax returns was weak. The case for impeachment, from what I can tell, will also be weak.

But, we will see.
November 11, 2019 11:18PM
"The fact po, D and Curt trust so deeply in Schiff suggests that this is much more wish than realism-based expectation." -pb

I simply have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he's doing anything other than a competent and thorough job. In fact, his competence seems to be met by the level of right wing attacks against him. Republicans only attack that which they fear.

"I still suspect that he'll be eaten alive when the process goes public," -pb

Over what...?

November 11, 2019 11:22PM
He's a pathological liar. I'd start with that.
November 11, 2019 11:25PM
"To use a reference recently employed by po, the jury voted guilty in To Kill a Mockingbird." -pb

Much as the Republicans will regardless of how the evidence utterly condemns Individual-1. The jury in To Kill a Mockingbird was already determined to see Tom found guilty and hanged. Evidence, schevidence... facts, schmacts. And in your book, that was justice being served. It was certainly justice being acted out, but real justice had little to do with the outcome of that case. As it will when the GOP lets Orange Anus Face totally skate for his obvious crimes.

pb
November 11, 2019 11:29PM
Ponderer

I simply have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he's doing anything other than a competent and thorough job. In fact, his competence seems to be met by the level of right wing attacks against him. Republicans only attack that which they fear.

As Indy! pointed out, he was incompetent in the Russia thing.

I doubt the GOPs fear him. My guess is that they resent him for his many lies and, and I know you'll love this word, prevarications.
November 11, 2019 11:32PM
"He's a pathological liar. I'd start with that." -OD

You have no case for that accusation. Has he ever told a lie or anything that wasn't true? Sure, perhaps. I'm open to looking at any of that. Pathological though...? No. Sorry. No case for that at all.

The only reason that conservatives ever accuse anyone of being a "pathological" liar when no one they ever call that actually is one is because their Orange Lord God and Master is indisputably and unmistakably one with a long, uninterrupted track record of non-stop daily lies going back over decades.

But hey, conservative projection and all you know.

November 11, 2019 11:38PM
"As Indy! pointed out, he was incompetent in the Russia thing." -pb

How was he incompetent? For not forcing Mueller somehow to criminally charge Individual-1 with all the crimes that his report laid out with all the evidence and testimonies that he did? There is a ten-count, plug-and-play Impeachment Kit in that report all ready and set that he handed to Congress to act on.

My guess is that people are going to be stunned when things from that report start dovetailing with things that are coming out now and will be soon.

Again, it's kind of silly to debate about a subject with you that you obviously never followed for even five minutes. I don't even know what Indy! expected Schiff to do that he didn't.

pb
November 11, 2019 11:50PM
Po,

Read Indy!'s post.

Schiff straight out lied about evidence he had in the Russia investigation. Yikes, man!
November 12, 2019 12:10AM
pb
Po,

Read Indy!'s post.

Schiff straight out lied about evidence he had in the Russia investigation. Yikes, man!

Indy has similar motivations as Trump to discount any evidence of Russian election meddling. Trump says "I believe Putin" because to admit otherwise casts doubt on the legitimacy of his election. Likewise, Indy cannot accept the notion of Russian election interference might have undermined Hillary Clinton's campaign with false accusations and innuendo. Also if Indy were to admit that Russians were complicit, that tends to negate the Wikileaks hacking that supposedly revealed that Hillary won the Democratic nomination by rigging the system.

It's naive to think that the Russians didn't meddle in our election, when there is plenty of evidence that they meddle in the elections of other nations. This is from today's New York Times...
How Russia Meddles Abroad for Profit: Cash, Trolls and a Cult Leader
Madagascar has little obvious strategic value for the Kremlin or the global balance of power. But Russians were there during an election, offering bribes, spreading disinformation and recruiting an apocalyptic cult leader.
[www.nytimes.com]

Also, I realize that you don't like to have your opinion swayed by evidence or information, pb, but keep an eye on the Roger Stone trial...
“THE TRUTH LOOKED BAD FOR DONALD TRUMP”: THE ROGER STONE TRIAL IS DELIVERING MUCH OF WHAT MUELLER DIDN’T
In their opening statement, federal prosecutors quickly made clear that Stone was in direct contact with then candidate Trump and his campaign officials about WikiLeaks and the timing and release of emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee and the Clinton campaign, speaking with him on numerous occasions about the email dumps during the summer of 2016. They argued that Stone’s decision to obfuscate his purported contacts with WikiLeaks and its founder,Julian Assange, to Congress was done to benefit Trump. “The evidence in this case will show that Roger Stone lied to the House Intelligence Committee because the truth looked bad for the Trump campaign and the truth looked bad for Donald Trump,” Aaron Zelinsky, an assistant U.S. attorney and veteran of the Mueller probe, declared in court Wednesday.

November 12, 2019 12:20AM
Curt- "Madagascar has little obvious strategic value for the Kremlin or the global balance of power. But Russians were there during an election, offering bribes, spreading disinformation and recruiting an apocalyptic cult leader." (fm the NYTIMES)

Just another thought. Toamasina is a deep water port capable of the Soviet's putting a sub base there. Along with their southern fleet, this might give them a distinct advantage from the Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean (including access to Diego Garcia, which houses a US Air Force/ Navy/ Marine military base).
pb
November 12, 2019 12:24AM
Curt,

We'll keep an eye on that trial.
November 12, 2019 01:36AM
Indy seeks and speaks the truth. That's all there is to it.

Tuk said exactly what I'm talking about - Schiff said he had seen "enough evidence" (or something to that effect) that Trump was colluding (or whatever you want to call it) with Russia. In the end, he came up empty. That obviously makes him a liar. The incompetence part is jumping with the lie. That would be the same as a lawyer saying my client is innocent before he's seen the police report, talked to all the potential witnesses and has all the pertinent facts.

Curt
Indy has similar motivations as Trump to discount any evidence of Russian election meddling. Trump says "I believe Putin" because to admit otherwise casts doubt on the legitimacy of his election. Likewise, Indy cannot accept the notion of Russian election interference might have undermined Hillary Clinton's campaign with false accusations and innuendo. Also if Indy were to admit that Russians were complicit, that tends to negate the Wikileaks hacking that supposedly revealed that Hillary won the Democratic nomination by rigging the system.

It's naive to think that the Russians didn't meddle in our election, when there is plenty of evidence that they meddle in the elections of other nations. This is from today's New York Times...

I could give a rat's ass about Hillary. I said she would lose and she lost. If you guys feel more comfortable blaming it on Russia and $46K worth of Facebook ads - that's up to you. Those of us with no horse in the game understand that going down that road makes Hillary's loss an even more devastating indictment of her campaign... ahem... "skills". She spent something like $1.2B in 2016 which should have easily brought more voters to her if anyone actually wanted her to be president. Plus rigging the DNC, picking her own opponent for the general, buying up super delegates, etc...
November 12, 2019 01:46AM
Indy!
Tuk said exactly what I'm talking about - Schiff said he had seen "enough evidence" (or something to that effect) that Trump was colluding (or whatever you want to call it) with Russia.

Part of a continuing series: Indy agrees with his fellow "progressives", pb and Tuk, about "Russia,Russia,Russia" and the "collusion hoax".

pb
November 12, 2019 01:53AM
Curt Anderson
Indy!
Tuk said exactly what I'm talking about - Schiff said he had seen "enough evidence" (or something to that effect) that Trump was colluding (or whatever you want to call it) with Russia.

Part of a continuing series: Indy agrees with his fellow "progressives", pb and Tuk, about "Russia,Russia,Russia" and the "collusion hoax".

Haha. Indy!, tuk and pb...fellow progressives.

You're the Henny Youngman of SS, "Take my progressives, please."
November 12, 2019 02:25AM
For the record: Independent/Libertarian

And I disagree with everyone who posts here on pretty much everything.
pb
November 12, 2019 02:30AM
tuk,

I know that they do, but how does a libertarian support Trump?
November 12, 2019 03:08AM
People need to stop watching the news PB and focus on the state of our country. It then becomes clear who to support. The metrics don’t lie.

And to ask why a libertarian supports Trump is to not understand the contrast. Why would a libertarian support regime change, economic restrictions, social engineering, and a much larger administrative state?

What I’m obviously not libertarian on is healthcare, but that’s only because the market is too large to not have some centralized control.
November 12, 2019 04:16PM
"As Indy! pointed out, he was incompetent in the Russia thing." -pb

"Schiff was the guy who said he had seen damning evidence in the Russia, Russia, Russia" -Indy!

He did. How was he lying? The Individual-1 Tower meeting was a cornucopia of damning evidence. Given the fact that because of that damned DOJ memo, Mueller simply wasn't ever going to criminally indict a sitting president, period, he did the next best thing. He did everything he could short of criminally charging him for the crimes the evidence shows he committed. He assembled all the facts and damning evidence together and gave it to Congress to impeach him if the were of a mind to.

So would you assert that just because OJ was not found guilty of murdering those two people, the prosecution's case against him and all the damning evidence was a lie?

pb
November 12, 2019 04:20PM
Po,

You are a true believer!
pb
November 12, 2019 04:30PM
Based on that leaked memo, po, it appears that the GOPs are going to be making the point that Schiff made that Russia claim and apparently, despite your true belief, he'll have no reply.
November 12, 2019 04:59PM
No matter how many times that's explained, hon, some people still don't get it.
pb
November 12, 2019 05:16PM
Donna
No matter how many times that's explained, hon, some people still don't get it.

No. Don't believe it.
November 12, 2019 05:18PM
Don't believe what?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!