Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

GLAAD: We Want ‘20% Of Series Regular Characters’ To Be ‘LGBTQ By 2025’

Posted by whats@work 
Re: GLAAD: We Want ‘20% Of Series Regular Characters’ To Be ‘LGBTQ By 2025’
November 10, 2019 05:48AM
Does this mean that a large portion of the Queer Eye for the Straight Guy cast will be replaced by heterosexuals?
November 10, 2019 06:46PM
"GLAAD is calling on the industry to ensure that 20 percent of series regular characters on primetime scripted broadcast series are LGBTQ by 2025. Further, we would challenge all platforms to make sure that within the next two years, half of LGBTQ characters on every platform are people of color. While broadcast has actually hit this mark two years in a row, cable and streaming have yet to reach this goal. These two steps are key moves towards ensuring that entertainment reflects the world in which it is created and the audience who consumes it."

I don't agree with it. I think those are demands worthy of being ignored. I'm disappointed they made them.

Bill Maher is gonna have a field day with this.

Are scripts and shows with LGBTQ characters being kept from the airwaves? If that's the case, then they got a case. But I bet they aren't. Maybe GLAAD's beef is with writers and not the networks or "platforms" that choose to air their work?

November 10, 2019 07:10PM
Also, there are plenty shows in which the characters', especially minor characters, sexuality is unknown, unclear or irrelevant.

I am suspicious of Matt Dillon, Joe Friday and Perry Mason and other TV bachelors. I suspect one or more of them are heterosexual.
November 10, 2019 07:14PM
"Also, there are plenty shows in which the characters', especially minor characters, sexuality is unknown, unclear or irrelevant." -Curt

Excellent point. thumbs up

November 10, 2019 11:25PM
Irrelevant nonsense to trigger the snowflakes like Whatsy. Nobody even watches broadcast television any more.
November 11, 2019 05:05PM
Curt- Raymond Burr (Perry Mason) was gay. Don't know about the rest.
November 11, 2019 08:50PM
John Wayne... gay.
November 11, 2019 09:35PM
it's a free market -- let globohomo make their gay centric shows

==========================================================================

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2019 09:38PM by txcup.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!