Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trump's "Liddle' Mutiny": I knew I'd seen that diatribe before.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Trump's "Liddle' Mutiny": I knew I'd seen that diatribe before.
September 28, 2019 09:32PM
Trump's twitter tirade about CNN omitting a "hyphen" when they reported on an earlier tweet seemed very familiar to me. Then I remembered where I'd seen that act seen before. It was Humphrey Bogart's portrayal of the neurotic Captain Queeg, who becomes obsessed with petty infractions in the 1954 film "The Caine Mutiny".
Trump's tweet as reported by Esquire magazine (brought to our attention by gonzo)
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
To show you how dishonest the LameStream Media is, I used the word Liddle’, not Liddle, in discribing Corrupt Congressman Liddle’ Adam Schiff. Low ratings @CNN purposely took the hyphen out and said I spelled the word little wrong. A small but never ending situation with CNN! 4:02 AM - Sep 27, 2019

Sweet Baby Jesus. Where do you even begin.

Here is Donald J. Trump, the President of These United States, demonstrating that he believes an apostrophe is called a hyphen. Not only that, it was part of a rant directed at a cable news network complaining that said cable news network did not include the "hyphen"—it's an apostrophe—in the low-energy nickname the president devised for a Democratic congressman leading an investigation into whether he should be impeached for betraying the country. He continues his rant at the cable news network by insisting he meant all along to spell the nickname as "Liddle," which is probably true, and yet one can't help but wonder, doesn't the f'ing president have something else to do this morning? I mean, forget the affairs of state over which we've given this man total control. Shouldn't he be organizing his legal defense? Also, he misspelled "describing."
[www.esquire.com]

In a pivotal scene of "The Caine Mutiny", when strawberries go missing from the officers' mess, Captain Queeg convenes an elaborate investigation to determine the culprit, recalling an incident earlier in his career when he received a commendation for uncovering the theft of food. Despite the relative unimportance of the theft and the claim that the kitchen staff ate the missing strawberries, Queeg pushes ahead with his investigation, insisting that a duplicate cabinet key must have been made and used, and demanding an onerous search of the vessel.

Later in the film, during the mutiny trial, Captain Queeg takes the stand and unravels:
"Ahh, but the strawberries that's... that's where I had them. They laughed at me and made jokes but I proved beyond the shadow of a doubt and with... geometric logic... that a duplicate key to the wardroom icebox DID exist, and I'd have produced that key if they hadn't of pulled the Caine out of action. I, I, I know now they were only trying to protect some fellow officers...
[breaks off in horror, becomes hesitant]
... naturally, I can only cover these things roughly, from - memory... but if I've left anything out... why, you just ask me - specific questions and I'll be - perfectly happy to answer them... one by one."
Re: Trump's "Liddle' Mutiny": I knew I'd seen that diatribe before.
September 28, 2019 11:07PM
If you are able to explain how CNN saying "Liddle" (without an apostrophe) instead of "Liddle'" (with an apostrophe) makes a difference in describing Trump's intended tweet insult, you passed the acid test. You are a true Trumper.
Re: Trump's "Liddle' Mutiny": I knew I'd seen that diatribe before.
September 29, 2019 12:01AM
Hehe. I think he was trying to say "Lil," like the word rappers use to compose their names. He must be implying that Adam Schiff is an ugly thug who produces noise pollution. But CNN ruined his insult.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!