Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Ad Astra review

Posted by Ponderer 
Ad Astra review
September 21, 2019 04:51AM
It blew chunks. Big, disappointing, lackluster, credulity insulting chunks.

Re: Ad Astra review
September 21, 2019 07:06AM
I only a saw a thirty commercial for the movie. It's something about his father being an astronaut too and having died in a failed mission. The commercial ends with "it will keep you guessing the very end".

I've already guessed that Brad Pitt is his own father.
September 21, 2019 04:52PM
Yeah, it keeps you guessing because it never makes any sense all the way through the end.

I haven't heard this comparison in any reviews I've read because it would give too much away, but the plot actually reminded me of Apocalypse Now. And there were a lot of scenes that were totally irrelevant to the plot. Pure filler, just to give the film some action I guess.

I just keep getting more and more pissed off the more I think about this bupkie. Visually it was beautiful. Gorgeous. But they ignored the physics and logistics of space travel as if the movie was made in 1960 and they just didn't know any better. There were parts that actually insulted one's intelligence. I can't think of one thing that seemed realistic.

September 21, 2019 04:54PM
I take that last part back. A commercial Moon port with a Subway in the food court. That seemed realistic.

September 21, 2019 05:57PM
Speaking of the Moon, did you know that the gravity there is just like it is on Earth? You walk around and move perfectly normally?

angry smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!