Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Hezbollah Scouting for Mass Casualty Targets

Posted by OldeDude 
Hezbollah Scouting for Mass Casualty Targets
September 20, 2019 01:32AM
Targets that would have killed hundreds, if not thousands of Americans.

New Jersey man charged with acting as Hezbollah scout, targeting locations in NY

"Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced charges against a New Jersey man who allegedly acted as a scout for Hezbollah for possible terror attack locations in Boston, New York and Washington.

The indictment alleges that Alexei Saab of Morristown, who was taken into custody in July, has been a member of the militant group for more than 20 years, including training in the use of M16 rifles and AK-47s as well as grenades.

He was also trained in bomb-making and circuit assembly, falsely claiming he had never been a member or associate of a terrorist organization in 2005 when he applied for citizenship, according to the indictment. He became a U.S. citizen in 2008.

Saab surveilled landmarks including the George Washington Bridge and the Statue of Liberty to Fenway Park and the Washington Monument as possible targets.

"In particular, (Saab) focused on the structural weaknesses of locations he surveilled in order to determine how a future attack could cause the most destruction," the U.S. Attorney’s office said."

If a politician tells you that you don't need a gun, go to a state with a gun show loophole, and buy 10. Then buy 1,000 rounds per gun- and pay cash.
Re: Hezbollah Scouting for Mass Casualty Targets
September 20, 2019 05:40AM
Your tagline. Somehow I've managed to make it to 63 without caving to this whole American paranoia thing about arming myself. And I've spent my entire life living in big "dangerous" cities like Baltimore and Los Angeles. At this point in my life, all I can do is laugh about it. This country is spiraling down the drain faster than a turbo-flushed turd.
September 20, 2019 02:24PM
Donna- " Somehow I've managed to make it to 63 without caving to this whole American paranoia thing about arming myself."

That was nothing about what the article was about. That was my fukking signature.... You wonder why I don't read your wife's articles? It's obviously a waste of time.

The article was about your buddies that you hold so dear, wanting to murder hundreds/ thousands of Americans on our soil.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2019 02:47PM by OldeDude.
September 20, 2019 04:35PM
Well it's good news that our security system is still working to catch such attempts in spite of the president's attempts to destroy our intelligence infrastructure.

September 20, 2019 04:38PM
I guess the "your buddies" comment was supposed to make me angry or something. Whatever.

What does this have to do with my wife?
September 20, 2019 05:06PM
She doesn't read my posts either. She cherry picks one line and does the puppet dance.
September 20, 2019 05:24PM
I read your post. I wasn't interesting in responding to it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2019 05:30PM by Donna.
September 20, 2019 05:56PM
Another one of your buddies. He disabled part of the radar system with 150 people on board flying out of Miami.

Possible terror ties in American Airlines sabotage case? Prosecutor says yes

"The saga of the American Airlines mechanic charged with sabotaging a plane took another disturbing turn Wednesday when a federal judge in Florida denied bail over concerns about the worker's potential terrorism ties.

Prosecutors cited two factors in pushing for the continued jailing of Abdul-Majeed Maroud Ahmed Alani, a 60-year-old mechanic who was with American since 1988 and previously worked for Alaska Airlines: he has a brother in Iraq who may be involved with the Islamic State extremist group and has made statements about wishing harm on non-Muslims, according to the Miami Herald and the Associated Press.
“I have evidence before me that suggests you could be sympathetic to terrorists,” U.S. Magistrate Judge Chris McAliley said during the bond hearing, the Herald reported.

McAliley called Alani's alleged tampering with the aircraft “highly reckless and unconscionable,'' the newspaper said.
Since Alani's arrest, the Herald said, investigators with the FBI-led Joint Terrorism Task Force found out Alani lied about taking a trip to Iraq in March to visit his brother and that he told a co-worker at American this summer that his brother was a member of the extremist group and was kidnapped."
September 20, 2019 06:46PM
As I have explained numerous times, when you start a post with a blatant, bald-faced lie about me, there is no logical point in reading any further.

Try not being a god damned mother f*cking flaming liar for a change. I promise it will make a world of difference..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2019 06:46PM by Ponderer.
September 20, 2019 06:48PM
You support the Palestinian cause, correct?
September 20, 2019 06:55PM
I support the hundreds of thousands of Palestinians' interred by the government of Israel in open air concentration camps human rights. I do not support Hezbollah or any militaristic attacks that they commit.

September 20, 2019 07:54PM
My point is THEY use your support for "the cause" to recruit fighters and wives, improve the morale of their fighters, finance themselves, launch missiles into Israel, etcetcetc. It's the same thing the IRA/ Sein Fein does. They are pretty much the two peas helping each other in the same pod.

The same as sheeple consider a Gadsden & Culpepper flag "racist" when all navy ships fly it on the aft bridge.
September 20, 2019 08:40PM
somebody was thinking about doing something

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

and so is everybody else
September 20, 2019 11:10PM
Ponderer and I are thinking about having another beer. Sitting at a table at BJ's On The Water in Ocean City, MD overlooking the Assawoman Bay. Beautiful afternoon, sunny, mid 70s. Taking a break in between our little Miniature Golf tournament. Tonight: crab cakes at Phillip's, then maybe we'll catch one of the bands playing in town. Expecting highs around 80 this weekend. We just may hit the beach. smoking smiley
September 20, 2019 11:12PM
But rest assured, we are keeping a watchful eye out for Hezbollah terrorists...

September 20, 2019 11:14PM
And we decided on having another beer. Happy hour and all ya know.

September 20, 2019 11:27PM
So OD, if I no longer give a flying rat's ass about Israel f*cking over the indigenous Palestinians, it will hurt Hezbollah...? Since caring about them helps Hezbollah....?

September 21, 2019 04:41AM
reminds one of the 'art students' of 9/11 fame

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

and so is everybody else
September 22, 2019 02:48AM
"So OD, if I no longer give a flying rat's ass about Israel f*cking over the indigenous Palestinians, it will hurt Hezbollah...? Since caring about them helps Hezbollah....?"

All I did, was to show you how they are using your support for one piece of their intifada to help them. Are they lying? Absolutely. But it makes it much easier for them to recruit if they can tell that lonely teenager that it's not a radical position.

Oh, BTW, they are also lackys to the Iranians, another country you argue for (remember the money you supported giving back to the Iranians to help them produce EFPs, nuclear weapons, support this guy that was checking out structural integrity of buildings, and is a bomb maker.
September 22, 2019 11:56PM
Don't confuse Palestinians with Hezbollah. Hezbollah is Shia and Palestinians are massively Sunni. Supporting Palestine my be a geopolitical strategy for Iran - for which Hezbollah is a proxy, but it is not concerned about Palestinians except as convert material.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/22/2019 11:56PM by meagain.
September 23, 2019 12:57AM
Ten years ago, the difference between Shi'a and Sunni was pretty marked. Other than when they squabble with themselves for power (Yemen, Iran/Saudi) the differences have faded a lot (but admittedly, not fully). And although they don't use joint financial means (in a large part), they still share intelligence, and common strategy. Hamas in the south, Hebzbolla to the north. Same goal.
September 23, 2019 01:23AM
If I were an Islsmic terrorist, I would use comments by people like olde dude to attract recruits.
September 23, 2019 03:03AM
What OD is suggesting actually makes no sense.

September 23, 2019 06:55PM
Ponderer
What OD is suggesting actually makes no sense.

Exactly. Iran and Saudi Arabia are sworn enemies fighting through proxies for regional hegemony.
September 23, 2019 09:39PM
I really tried to be as nice as possible. I guess I should have known neither of you are interested when the world changes. When was the last time you received a classified briefing on it? Oh, never? I see. So you are BOTH blowing smoke out your rectums.

You both "assume" (yes, it made an azz out of both of you) these are stagnant players on the stage. That simply isn't true. I keep harping on this. These groups are very dynamic. meagain… since you "claimed" you had been to the middle east, other than your "parties" on manlove Thursdays, did you ever hear the very common saying in the middle east?

"me against my brother. my brother against my cousins. my cousins against the world." It is very simple. I'll try and really dummy it down. "The world" here is anyone that isn't Muslim. Both sides of this believe the non-Muslim world is worse than each other (sometimes you don't like your cousin, but you hate someone else more). Their collective goal is to eliminate the entire non Muslim world. After that, they'll figure it out. Tell me how the Shii''e revolution is going in Lebanon? Are they murdering Sunn'is like they did in the 70's and 80's?

The Great Middle Eastern War of 2019

MULTIPLE ACTORS, FRONTS, AND DOMAINS
The potential for yet another war—one of unprecedented scope and complexity—is an outcome of the Syrian civil war, which has enabled Iran to build a military infrastructure in Syria and to deploy its Shi’a “foreign legion” to Israel’s borders. War is now possible on multiple fronts and in far-flung theaters, fought on land, in the air, at sea, and in information and cyber domains by fighters from Hezbollah, Iran, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and even Yemen. The widened scope of a possible war will create new military options for Iran and Hezbollah, and stretch Israeli capabilities to their limits.

Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah said as much, though perhaps with some exaggeration, when he warned in June 2017 that “if an Israeli war is launched against Syria or Lebanon it is not known that the fighting will remain Lebanese-Israeli, or Syrian-Israeli,” and “this could open the way for thousands, even hundreds of thousands of fighters from all over the Arab and Islamic world to participate.” Likewise, IRGC Commander Mohammad Ali Jafari stated in November 2017 that, “The fate of the resistance front is interwoven and they all stand united, and if Israel attacks a part of it, the other component of the front will help it.”

If a politician tells you that you don't need a gun, go to a state with a gun show loophole, and buy 10. Then buy 1,000 rounds per gun- and pay cash.
September 23, 2019 11:54PM
To keep it to a length that you may be able to follow, od. Ask the Yemenis how much "brotherly" love is being shown between Sunni and Shiite.
September 24, 2019 05:10AM
eye rolling smiley 1. You're deflecting as usual when you lose an argument. 2. As I said, there are exceptions to their hatred. They are fighting a civil war, they hate each other more because of that. US northerners still hate the South and it's been over 150 years ago. You can't do any better? What about IS using Iranian EFPs (well, they're buying them) in Iraq and Afghanistan? You also need to look at the rhetoric between the two groups.
September 24, 2019 05:45AM
Northerner's don't hate southerners. They just think they vote stupidly.
September 24, 2019 07:15AM
Then why are they DEMANDING they destroy their history?
September 24, 2019 02:40PM
You generalize too much. I've encountered liberals who are opposed to removing the statues. Plus, there are plenty of conservatives and Republicans in the north. Myself? I don't care either way.
September 24, 2019 03:05PM
"Destroy their history". What malarkey. As if the only things that document the South's treasons against the United States of America are a bunch of cheap ass statues of the facilitators of the treason.

Don't worry, Olde Dude. We'll never let the South forget their history.

September 24, 2019 07:05PM
OldeDude
eye rolling smiley 1. You're deflecting as usual when you lose an argument. 2. As I said, there are exceptions to their hatred. They are fighting a civil war, they hate each other more because of that. US northerners still hate the South and it's been over 150 years ago. You can't do any better? What about IS using Iranian EFPs (well, they're buying them) in Iraq and Afghanistan? You also need to look at the rhetoric between the two groups.

The Saudis are participating in a civil war when they invade Yemen? When you get the basic facts right, we can continue.
September 24, 2019 10:31PM
No….. Read the actual facts. Not your illusion of what is going on in the area. I guess it's tough to see out of your lily white porcelain princess castle.

You may want to read the whole thing. I know it's long, but it gives the history, then who's fighting who, etc.

Yemen's war explained in 4 key points

Yemen's recent history is one of division and bloodshed. Until the early 1960s, the country was ruled by a monarchy in the north and the British in the south. Coups in both regions plunged the country into decades of violence, ending with reunification in 1990.

The Middle Eastern nation has long been one of the region's poorest. In 2015, it was ranked 168 out of 188 countries on the Human Development Index, which measures life expectancy, education and standard of living.

Prior to the war, Yemen's population of more than 20 million was projected to double by 2035. Amid high unemployment and dissatisfaction with the ruling Saleh family, the country was ready for change when the Arab Spring swept across North Africa and the Middle East in 2011.

Yemen's recent history is one of division and bloodshed. Until the early 1960s, the country was ruled by a monarchy in the north and the British in the south. Coups in both regions plunged the country into decades of violence, ending with reunification in 1990.

The Middle Eastern nation has long been one of the region's poorest. In 2015, it was ranked 168 out of 188 countries on the Human Development Index, which measures life expectancy, education and standard of living.

Prior to the war, Yemen's population of more than 20 million was projected to double by 2035. Amid high unemployment and dissatisfaction with the ruling Saleh family, the country was ready for change when the Arab Spring swept across North Africa and the Middle East in 2011.
By September 2014, Houthi insurgents had taken the capital city, forcing Hadi to relocate his government to the southern port city of Aden.

Who is fighting whom?

Multiple factions are entangled in Yemen's war. However, the conflict divides into two main categories: pro-government forces led by President Hadi and anti-government forces led by the Houthis, who are backed by former President Saleh.

The Houthis hail from Yemen's north and belong to a small branch of Shiite Muslims known as Zaydis. Until summer 2015, the insurgents had infiltrated much of the country's south. They currently maintain control over key central provinces in the north. Hadi's government has accused Iran of smuggling them military arms, an accusation which Tehran has denied.

President Hadi's government is headquartered in Aden and is the internationally-recognized government of Yemen. In 2015, Saudi Arabia launched an international coalition in a bid to reinstate Hadi.

In recent months, fissures have appeared in Hadi's exiled government, with his former security adviser, Aidarous al-Zubaidi and former cabinet member Hani Bin Braik, spearheading a secessionist movement with Emirati backing.

Who is involved in the Saudi Arabia-led coalition?

Along with Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates has conducted airstrikes on Yemeni soil. Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Morocco, Sudan, Jordan and Egypt have also contributed to the operations.

The United States and the United Kingdom have both provided logistical support and intelligence to the Saudi-led coalition.
September 25, 2019 12:22AM
Houthi - Shia: Saudis - Sunni.
September 25, 2019 05:21AM
You don't read posts, do you? The reason the "Arab Coalition" is there is to return the rightful, internationally recognized government. They were not involved at all in the early years (29 years ago).

Your reasoning, even given the facts make no sense at all.
September 25, 2019 08:01PM
That bridge is still for sale.
September 26, 2019 09:33PM
Again, when was your last briefing?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!