Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

"Trudeau government ran $14B deficit in 2018-19, exceeding $10B for third year in a row"

Posted by Kairos 
Re: "Trudeau government ran $14B deficit in 2018-19, exceeding $10B for third year in a row"
September 18, 2019 05:37AM
if they can 'grow' the revenue through borrowing/currency debasement they can/do jack up taxes in unison

allows them to buy/sell who/what they favor/disfavor

is it time to buy the CAD? has brexit hurt canada's financial markets and currency? i notice it is weak vs the USD. i started pecking at a UK etf fund recently. i haven't done any research on canada (yet)

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

i saved you name-calling race dupes many keystrokes. you're welcome smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2019 05:40AM by txcup.
Re: "Trudeau government ran $14B deficit in 2018-19, exceeding $10B for third year in a row"
September 18, 2019 07:27PM
As you might know if you used your eyes for reading and your brain for thinking, that means the debt to GDP ratio is declining further. The deficits as a percentage of product are lower than every year under the previous Conservative government of Harper.

Also, as you would also know if you cared to inform yourself, the interst rates are such that the payments on debt are much lower now than a few years ago.
September 18, 2019 07:52PM
"that means the debt to GDP ratio is declining further."

As I pointed out before. Its a total red herring. You are depending on two main factors to enable this dependence on constantly increasing GDP, although they are both tied together. The first is inflation, which means the devaluation of the savings of Canadians. The second is endless economic growth driven by endless population increase.

None of this is sustainable. It is a one way ticket to complete environmental collapse. And even with that you still weren't able to balance a budget!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2019 09:39AM by Kairos.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!