Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Is it true that Sanders supporters will sit out the general election if Sanders is not the nominee?

Posted by Curt Anderson 
The evidence does not support that contention.

In the very blue state of California, Biden and Sanders both enjoy strong support and either would trounce Trump. But when Californians have their choices limited to one Democrat candidate versus Trump, Biden does a little better than Sanders. This indicates that Sanders supporters will not sit out the election if their man is not the nominee.

California Democratic Primary - Biden 26, Sanders 26, Warren 20, Harris 6, Buttigieg 4, Yang 7, O'Rourke 5, Gabbard 2, Booker 1, Castro 1, Steyer 1, Klobuchar 0, Williamson 0

California: Trump vs. Biden - Biden 64, Trump 36 - Biden +28

California: Trump vs. Sanders - Sanders 63, Trump 38 - Sanders +25

Source: [emersonpolling.reportablenews.com]
Yes, it's true that Sanders supporters will sit out the general if Bernie isn't nominated.

Of course, not all.
Donna
Yes, it's true that Sanders supporters will sit out the general if Bernie isn't nominated.

Of course, not all.

As you know, one of the arguments in favor of Sanders in the primaries was that if Sanders isn't the nominee, the Bernie Bros & co. wouldn't vote for the eventual nominee in the general election. The evidence doesn't support that argument. Biden, Warren and Sanders are roughly equal as second choice alternative to each other. Warren is an especially strong second option for Harris supporters. [morningconsult.com]

Against all expectations, Biden maintains a strong lead nationally: [www.realclearpolitics.com]
more worrisome -- might want to get a black on the ticket. that solid block is flaming racist

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

i saved you name-calling race dupes many keystrokes. you're welcome smiling smiley
Why? Blacks love Biden.

I know quite a few Bernie supporters who swear they won't vote for the Dem in the general if it isn't Bernie. It probably isn't enough to have an impact, but if the election is close again, maybe it could.
Donna
Why? Blacks love Biden.

I know quite a few Bernie supporters who swear they won't vote for the Dem in the general if it isn't Bernie. It probably isn't enough to have an impact, but if the election is close again, maybe it could.

what wins elections? the UNlikely (marginal) voter getting motivated. they came out in swarms for obomba. not for killary. saw the same thing for trump

as for bern -- he has a well-documented black problem (documented on this site)

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

i saved you name-calling race dupes many keystrokes. you're welcome smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!