Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

This guy liked his Tricare too, Olde Dude...

Posted by Ponderer 
This guy liked his Tricare too, Olde Dude...
September 15, 2019 05:29PM
He liked it quite a bit...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2019 06:50PM by Ponderer.
Re: This guy liked his Tricare too, Olde Dude...
September 15, 2019 06:31PM
If the US republic survives, there will come a day when all of us look back on this time in our nation's history and wonder how we could have been so backwards and barbaric to not recognize health care as a basic human right.

If our government wasn't so hopelessly corrupt, more Americans would have faith in Medicare For All. But as it stands right now, many Americans are justifiably skeptical that a quality comprehensive health care program like Bernie Sanders M4A would ever be allowed to happen in this country. How sad, though, that getting fleeced by the insurance, pharmaceutical, and hospital industries has become so normalized in America that it has become a sort of comfort zone.
September 15, 2019 06:41PM
When you think of the people who oppose M4A just on the grounds that they don't think our corporatocray will allow it to ever happen, the enemy of the people has already won.

September 16, 2019 07:28PM
Come on, Olde Dude! No words of encouragement for your fellow Tricare veteran in this video to buck up, be a man god damn it, and pull himself up by his own bootstraps?

September 16, 2019 07:41PM
Here's a picture of him confronting Bernie at a town hall meeting. See? He's even white like you are!

Tell us what a huge complaining baby he is.....

September 16, 2019 07:51PM
Ailing Navy veteran tells Bernie Sanders at Nevada town hall: "I'm gonna kill myself"

September 15, 2019 / 9:35 AM / CBS News

In a dramatic moment caught on video, an ailing Navy veteran struggling to pay off his medical bills said he was contemplating suicide while speaking at a Bernie Sanders town hall in Carson City, Nevada. The veteran, named John, said Friday his Tricare was taken away, leaving him with more than $130,000 worth of medical bills.

"How are you going to pay it off?" Sanders asked the veteran.

"I can't, I can't. I'm gonna kill myself!" John responded.

The 2020 presidential hopeful stopped John and told him, "You're not going to kill yourself" and told him they would talk about his situation after the town hall.

In a video clip captured by CBS News' Cara Korte that has now gone viral, John told Sanders that he served 20 years in the Navy, including tours in Kuwait and Somalia.

"I saved lives. I was a Navy corpsman," he said. "We take care of our own except now. My Tricare is not acceptable anymore, they took it away."

The veteran said he suffers from Huntington's disease, a genetic disorder that causes the breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. According to the National Institutes of Health, there is no treatment for the disease.

"I have Huntington's disease, I'm in Stage IV," he said. "I can barely take care of myself, and I do not have the energy to fight these people."

After hearing the vet's heart-wrenching story, Sanders said, "I wish that I could say that what John just described is unique and that he is the only person in America who undergoes that, but it's not. So John, we'll talk about it after the meeting, and we'll see what we can do about it." -link

September 16, 2019 09:50PM
Bernie Supporters Start GoFundMe For Navy Veteran Saddled with $139k Medical Debt

In the spirit of ‘we are in this together’ a Bernie supporter from Virginia started a GoFundMe for a Navy Veteran who had told Sanders he was prepared to end his life because he couldn’t get the care he needed and had no way to pay off his $139,000 medical bill.

“We cannot stand by and watch our brothers and sisters die at the hands of a system which turns people into number of a bank ledger,” says the fundraising organizer.

John Weigel joined the military in the late nineties and after two decades of service he was diagnosed with stage-4 Huntington’s disease and has been struggling to get the care he needs.

Last Friday during the Nevada town hall Bernie had been responding to audience questions when John approached, he had brought a copy of his medical bill to show the presidential candidate. Bernie looked at the bill and notices the high amount and asks “How are you going to pay for it?”

“I can’t. I can’t. I’m going to kill myself,” Weigel responds and goes on to explain the difficulty he’s having living a day to day life. Practically overnight John went from thinking his country would support him to feeling let down and exploited.

September 17, 2019 12:54AM
Pondy first post. "He liked it quite a bit..."

That's what I said, It's not a bad system. It's very much like mine now, except you can go to any base in the world and get care. I wouldn't use that, but for several of my friends it works well.
September 17, 2019 01:46AM
Yeah. Great plan. Yet now he's saddled with $139,000 in medical debt and wants to kill himself. Because it could be taken away. Like any health insurance policy can be.

But then, that's surely better than Bernie's Medicare For All, which covers far more, costs less, and can never be lost or taken away.

September 17, 2019 01:53AM
I hope that never happens to you, Olde Dude. Seriously.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!