Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.

Posted by gonzoland 
Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
September 13, 2019 10:12PM
Would your gummint lie about WMD ?
Gee . thousands died and NO WMD were ever found.
Invading Americans found the oil wells pronto.
Hmmmmm
After 9/11.
Follow the money !
[www.aljazeera.com]
Re: Operation Iraqi Liberation = O.I.L.
September 13, 2019 11:27PM
Why it’s good news for the U.S. that China is snapping up Iraq’s oil

"If you thought that the U.S.-led Iraq War would at least open up the country's vast oil reserves to American firms, perhaps defraying some of the war's enormous costs, then the New York Times has some bad news for you: Iraqi oil is increasingly flowing east, to China."

Remembering Halabja chemical attack

This coming from al Jazeera. "On the morning of March 16, 1988, Iraqi war planes and artillery pounded the Kurdish town of Halabja in northern Iraq with mustard gas and the deadly nerve agent sarin.

Some 5,000 people - mainly women and children - died on the day, and up to 12,000 have lost their lives since. The method was the same as the Ghouta gas attack in Damascus, on August 21, 2013, just over 25 years later.

In both instances a conventional pre-bombardment - to break windows and doors and to get people underground - was followed by the deadly chemical weapons, sarin and mustard agent."

(2015 Report)

"During and immediately after the first Gulf War, more than 200,000 of 700,000 U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Kuwait in January 1991 were exposed to nerve gas and other chemical agents. Though aware of this, the Department of Defense and CIA launched a campaign of lies and concocted a cover-up that continues today.

A quarter of a century later, the troops nearest the explosions are dying of brain cancer at two to three times the rate of those who were farther away. Others have lung cancer or debilitating chronic diseases, and pain."
September 14, 2019 12:01AM
If the US and EU hadn't sold Saddam the chemicals to make those chemical weapons he used against the Kurds and Iran, which btw is exactly why those chemical weapons were sold to him, and if the US didn't stupidly detonate those chemical weapons depots while our soldiers were there, those soldiers wouldn't be dying of those horrible diseases.

This is Agent Orange all over again. The US government doesn't give a rat's ass about our military personnel.
September 14, 2019 12:11AM
The official story suggested the WMD were nukes.
remember the scare tactics. Yellow cake,, a smoking gun being a nuclear cloud. centrifuges
And they could find nothing.
Suckers.
September 14, 2019 12:30AM
Yes, but a different aspect. Daily Mail
"The CIA had already warned that Iraq was using chemical weapons almost daily. But Mr Rumsfeld, at the time a successful executive in the pharmaceutical industry, still made it possible for Saddam to buy supplies from American firms.

They included viruses such as anthrax and bubonic plague, according to the Washington Post.

The extraordinary details have come to light because thousands of State Department documents dealing with the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war have just been declassified and released under the Freedom of Information Act."

His Chemical program was his. Thusly, the baby food factory.
Chemical Warfare Program
Iraq has the ability to produce chemical warfare (CW) agents within its chemical industry, although it probably depends on external sources for some precursors. Baghdad is expanding its infrastructure, under cover of civilian industries, that it could use to advance its CW agent production capability. During the 1980s Saddam had a formidable CW capability that he used against Iranians and against Iraq's Kurdish population. Iraqi forces killed or injured more than 20,000 people in multiple attacks, delivering chemical agents (including mustard agent[1] and the nerve agents sarin and tabun[2]) in aerial bombs, 122mm rockets, and artillery shells against both tactical military targets and segments of Iraq's Kurdish population. Before the 1991 Gulf war, Baghdad had a large stockpile of chemical munitions and a robust indigenous production capacity.
September 14, 2019 12:32AM
gonzo- "The official story suggested the WMD were nukes."

nope. Although he was close to that capability, The Israeli air strike on the nuclear plant put that years behind. Albeit, he murdered thousands of Iraqis and Kurds with Mustard, Sarin, VX.
September 14, 2019 12:43AM
the neocons played you with those threats of nukes. hint; threats of "Mushroom clouds"
not to mention Mobile Labs.
Suckers.
It still is a war for Oil.
and they did't get the Oil.
You were played. admit it.
September 14, 2019 02:43AM
You want mass destruction
Sanctions of Iraq killed over 1 million. Mostly women and children.
[www.jstor.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!