Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Trump finalizes repeal of Obama-era clean water rules

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Trump finalizes repeal of Obama-era clean water rules
September 12, 2019 11:00PM
Abnormal Trumpian behavior like this is why Biden is leading in the polls. People want a normal person as president who exhibits a normal amount of concern and care for the well-being of normal Americans.

The Trump administration on Thursday announced a legal repeal of a major Obama-era clean water regulation that limited the amount of pollution and chemicals in the nation’s rivers, lakes, streams and wetlands.
The EPA proposed replacing the 2015 water rule in December after an executive order from President Donald Trump, who has criticized the regulations for curbing the rights of farmers, real estate developers and landowners.
Environmental groups condemned the move, claiming that loosening restrictions will substantially harm the country’s sources of safe drinking water. [www.cnbc.com]
Re: Trump finalizes repeal of Obama-era clean water rules
September 13, 2019 12:42AM
September 13, 2019 04:03AM
We shouldn't expect the Antichrist to do anything that isn't evil.
September 13, 2019 09:14AM
corrected a MASSIVE overreach by gov

the clean water act remains the gold standard and is fully intact. same with the clean air act

the heavy lifting re pollution has been done. banker warming is distraction so that we dont move against what they are doing to plants, animals, vaccines, etc. t

hey control opposition this way -- have the dupes chasing shadows instead of real issues

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

and so is everybody else

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 09:17AM by txcup.
September 13, 2019 10:17AM
I asked Google, "do Texans drink from horse trough?" I found these results:

Report: Toxic herbicide found in many Texans' drinking water
Don't Mess With Texas Water — It's Poison
Almost 25,000 Texans Are Drinking Tap Water With High Levels of Radium
Why use drinking water when nonpotable water will do?
Texans Are Drinking Toilet Water

No information about drinking from a horse trough, but I found a number of creative ideas for turning a stock tank into a pool.
September 13, 2019 05:17PM
txcup: How is Obama's policy an overreach? Explain.
September 13, 2019 05:30PM
It was an overreach because American companies should be free to pollute whatever waterways they want to in their sacred quest for Profit. It's an overreach because companies should not be held back from making as much Profit as they can by doing whatever they want to to our environment. It's blatant tyranny I tell you.

September 13, 2019 07:32PM
It s part of Trump's fascist appeal to favourable sectors. Most people will not even be aware that this is happening.
September 14, 2019 06:02PM
Txcup said it's an "overreach" because he saw some dickhead on Fox News say it was an "overreach" without explaining how - which is why txcup therefore can't explain how it's an "overreach".
September 15, 2019 03:58PM
Donna- I'm not for the wholesale disposal of the EPA regs, but we need to look at them.

One of the rules was that the EPA has total control of ALL standing or running water, regardless if it is temporary or not. That sounds good, right?

During flooding in the rocky mountains/ Midwest, etc., ranch land gets flooded. The EPA "took control" of those areas and refused to allow the ranchers to get the carcasses of their cattle, to fix fence, or to ditch the water in to normal runoff areas. The ranchers were then fined because the carcasses ranchers were not allowed to get created a biohazard. So not only did the rancher lose several thousand on each head, they were fined by the EPA in a move the EPA created.
September 15, 2019 04:15PM
Olde Dude, I don't think you will get much argument against the removal of Catch-22 type problems with regulations from Donna or anyone else in here. Getting rid of regulations that don't work or are actually detrimental to the environment is perfectly fine as far as I and likely everyone else in here.

But I must say right here how encouraging it is to see at least one thing that The Chosen One is trying to do that you find fault with. Bravo, sir. Bravo...! smiling bouncing smiley

September 17, 2019 01:58PM
Donna
Txcup said it's an "overreach" because he saw some dickhead on Fox News say it was an "overreach" without explaining how - which is why txcup therefore can't explain how it's an "overreach".

you accuse me of not being able to explain? i have a degree in this crap

google "navigable waters" to cure your ignorance

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

and so is everybody else
September 17, 2019 07:34PM
Try explaining, txcup. We all await with eager - nah! Don't bother. Asking you to make sense is baying at the moon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!