Try These Selectors:
Best college values

Good jobs in gig economy

Right religion for you

Presidential candidates

Best US city for you

Know your philosophy

Landmark decisions
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Look, we are all racists.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Look, we are all racists.
September 12, 2019 04:39AM
Some of us are more racist than others. Our racism may well be unintentional, but we’re all a little bit racist. We all subconsciously perceive the world with a certain bias based on social indoctrination, stories our parents tell us, media depictions of certain types of people, etc. It's probably evolutionary that we are all to varying degrees xenophobic. If your tribe consists of short, dark-haired people, you might feel wary and even threatened by tall, red-haired strangers. That's why travel is an important part of personal development. Anybody who has done much traveling around the world knows that you can meet friendly people everywhere. Often times good people you meet abroad don't look like you.

Now what separates some people from other people, is a commitment to being anti-racist. Being anti-racist is more than simply tolerating other racial groups and ethnicities. It means treating them as you would members of your own "clan". Our 22 year-old, muscular black son probably is viewed with suspicion by a lot of people he meets. However, when he is in his police uniform confronting and arresting creeps who assault and threaten women (as happened at least twice last week), he is somebody you'd want on your side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:49AM by Curt Anderson.
Re: Look, we are all racists.
September 12, 2019 05:07AM
Exactly, Curt. I know that I have always consciously kept it back. It was not easy at times since I grew up in a very cosmopolitan City but one that contained few people of colour at the time. One of my three closest friends as a boy was Chinese but, somehow they were different. At the same time, I never needed to think about it because of the rarity of coloured people.
September 12, 2019 08:33AM
a very narrow definition of racism

long time basketball coach here

i split my team into two -- red shirts and white shirts. team is white, mex, negro...

30 minutes later they hate/want to kill the opposite shirt

and they were girls

people tribe up

and race is the strongest tribe there is

it is innate, God given, God's design

nothing wrong with it. it just is. denying that is fighting nature.

good luck with fighting human nature. those that try to deny it are forced into all kinds of lies and deception.....and worse, policy errors that reverberate throughout our society.

==========================================================================

I AM A RACIST

i saved you name-calling race dupes many keystrokes. you're welcome smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:39AM by txcup.
September 12, 2019 05:07PM
Some people discriminate irrationally against pit bulls, but become very upset if anyone suggests the differences between people are more than skin deep. (Unless white/male/Christian. Leftists embrace double standards.) Feminists ostensibly favor women's rights, and yet they support Sharia. For example, Bernie's campaign surrogate Linda Sarcer favors Sharia and female genital mutilation.
September 12, 2019 05:23PM
Sarsour. I seriously doubt that she favors female genital mutilation. Like even the most pious Jews and Christians don't favor stoning adulterers.

The deliberate distortion and misrepresentation of peoples' viewpoints is getting way out of hand on this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 05:25PM by Donna.
September 12, 2019 06:19PM
Race is just more horsesh!t the wealthy throw at the poor (that's all of us) to divide us. I have no problem with other races and they have no problem with me. I reject out of hand the idea that everyone is racist.
September 12, 2019 06:24PM
Me too, Indy. It comes across as guilt-appeasing projection.
September 12, 2019 06:27PM
Everyone is a racist like everyone is bisexual.

September 12, 2019 06:53PM
You are wrong, indy, Donna and Ponderer. Probably because racism is so ill defined. Racism is merely an extension of prejudice to which all human beings are subject. It is increased or heightened by the level of ignorance with respect to the object of the prejudice. We all, quite naturally, favour our own group over others. The degree of difference marks the degree of prejudice and, that, with respect to colour is enlarged. Fear of the other also comes into it. It is akin to a mild xenophobia.
September 12, 2019 07:05PM
I am not suggesting that we all are overt racists. As civilized beings we are capable, in varying degrees, of supressing our worst tendencies and inclinations.

If you are an infant (or infantile) it makes sense as a survival mechanism to have a preference for people who look you and your family.
[www.sciencedaily.com]
September 12, 2019 07:59PM
"I am not suggesting that we all are overt racists." -Curt

I am not suggesting that we all are overt bisexuals.

A preference for people similar to you is not an expression of racism. Actual racism needs to be taught and learned. It goes beyond a "natural favoring" that we all have.

September 12, 2019 08:04PM
The most racist these days are actually those who claim to be anti-racist, as they want to destroy all ethnos.

That is why the anti-racist campaigners are the ironic tools of globalist supremacism, which is none other than imperialism with better PR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:10PM by Kairos.
September 13, 2019 04:10AM
Bingo, hon.
September 13, 2019 06:50AM
Donna
Sarsour. I seriously doubt that she favors female genital mutilation. Like even the most pious Jews and Christians don't favor stoning adulterers.

The deliberate distortion and misrepresentation of peoples' viewpoints is getting way out of hand on this forum.

These words are attributed to Linda Sarcer: "Brigitte Gabriel=Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She's asking 4 an a$$ whippin'. I wish I could take their vaginas away- they don't deserve to be women."

When she was questioned about the tweet which seems inconsistent with her feminist values, she became very defensive, attacked the questioner and redirected the audience. But she admitted, "people say stupid @#$%&." It could be she was just being a troll since these women are very critical of Islam. But it's especially scathing because Ayaan Hirsi Ali lives under the threat of death since she wrote the film Submission, which tells women's stories of oppression. Her partner Theo Van Gogh was murdered for this work. Yet the alleged feminist attacked this woman's rights activist with these words. And she went crazy when someone asked her about it.

That shows who she really is, a religious extremist working a progressive front. I dislike modern Western-style feminists as I have expressed, but a fake feminist is something progressives ought to be concerned about. They don't agree with American/Western values. Some groups are thinking generations into the future. They can plant extremists within a progressive movement, and they use the values tolerance and non-discrimination to advance their own agenda.

That got off-topic but race and religion get mixed up. It is my understanding that race is a newer concept that became relevant with chattel slavery. People identified by nationality or ethnicity before race was invented as a concept.
September 13, 2019 05:26PM
You're serious? You think she's actually calling for genital mutilation?

I once made a similar remark to you.

Why do you keep misspelling her last name?
September 14, 2019 02:25AM
I must've accidentally programmed it misspelled in my fingers' autotype. You missed my point Donna. What if I said "Tramp favors increased health care costs and crime," in order to make a point? Would you say you doubt he favors these things? Has he ever said he favors these things? I don't think so, but they are a logical consequence of some of his policies. (Damaging water could lead to health problems. Damaging children's developing brains could lead to crime.)

Likewise, with an Islamic extremist infiltrator, brutal oppression is a logical consequence of the agenda she promotes. She has a problem with women who speak out against Islamic oppression, which suggests therefore that she favors it. She favors Saudi Arabia which is known for systemic discrimination against women. It is clear from her words that she is ideologically opposed to women's rights while she marches as a feminist. Furthermore, I think it is unlikely that a true feminist Muslim would associate with Women's March. Their values are very different and they would not find much common ground.

It is objective fact that racism can kill. I can tell you this from empathy studies I have read about. Anti-discrimination is a humane position. Nobody wants to be treated unfairly because of who they are. The police and healthcare providers should be trained on being aware of their biases so their impacts on people are reduced. But some people who are not nice will take advantage of our humanitarian ideals. Infiltrators are counting on progressives' anti-discrimination indoctrination so they cannot distinguish.
September 14, 2019 01:13PM
nitou- Until last year, only one Muslim country allowed to drive, or to shop alone. Oman. Oman and Israel are the only countries in the area (including Palestine) that also allow gays, don't demand the covering of women (hijaab, jijaab, or abaya/ burka). FYSA, Israel has always allowed women to drive, take public transportation, and to shop without a familial older male.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2019 01:14PM by OldeDude.
September 14, 2019 04:24PM
Remember the day 11/12/19 when Curt and Meagain confirmed that they are indeed racists and then irrationally went on to project their racism on the rest of the world. Probably to cope with their perceived privilege or white guilt.

Skin color is meaningless as a judge of character. You can’t just say this you need to believe it...
September 14, 2019 05:28PM
nitou: Referring to that tweet, Sarsour admitted that she said "stupid @#$%&" when confronted about it.

Many religious people (all faiths) like to have it both ways, and Linda Sarsour is no exception.Christians who promote the prosperity gospel are another example. Sarsour strikes me as a real feminist who's afraid to condemn her own religion.
September 14, 2019 06:44PM
tuk22
Remember the day 11/12/19 when Curt and Meagain confirmed that they are indeed racists and then irrationally went on to project their racism on the rest of the world. Probably to cope with their perceived privilege or white guilt.

Skin color is meaningless as a judge of character. You can’t just say this you need to believe it...

You irrational twit. Is your cognitive dissonance a problem in your underwriting .
September 14, 2019 11:31PM
OldeDude
nitou- Until last year, only one Muslim country allowed to drive, or to shop alone. Oman. Oman and Israel are the only countries in the area (including Palestine) that also allow gays, don't demand the covering of women (hijaab, jijaab, or abaya/ burka). FYSA, Israel has always allowed women to drive, take public transportation, and to shop without a familial older male.

The only Muslim country in the area? What about Qatar? UAE? I thought they were more moderate than that. Indonesia and Malaysia are moderate, or were. But they're getting more oppressive.

Donna
nitou: Referring to that tweet, Sarsour admitted that she said "stupid @#$%&" when confronted about it.

Many religious people (all faiths) like to have it both ways, and Linda Sarsour is no exception.Christians who promote the prosperity gospel are another example. Sarsour strikes me as a real feminist who's afraid to condemn her own religion.

I saw the video about the tweet. She didn't admit it explicitly that she said "stupid @#$%&." She said, "people say stupid @#$%&," among an arsenal of defenses to avoid the question. I agree with you it it is the same with "Christian" double-think. If you see her as a real feminist, that does not surprise me. I also agree she is quite fearful, loyal to Islam first because of fear. But if you think this cult organization is any less of a threat than Christian cultists, then maybe your own loyalties have impaired your perception.
September 15, 2019 04:01PM
"The only Muslim country in the area? What about Qatar? UAE? I thought they were more moderate than that. Indonesia and Malaysia are moderate, or were. But they're getting more oppressive."

Nope.
September 15, 2019 06:44PM
Dude, my ex was from Indonesia. The world's largest Muslim country had a female president. They have many issues in this country, but I don't think systemic oppression of women is one of them.
September 15, 2019 06:51PM
nitou: The context of Sarsour's comment about people sometimes saying "stupid s'hit" was clearly a mea cupla. Who else could she have been referring to in that context?
September 15, 2019 11:58PM
Donna
nitou: The context of Sarsour's comment about people sometimes saying "stupid s'hit" was clearly a mea cupla. Who else could she have been referring to in that context?

No mea culpa. Here is the context:

Q: Hi. So, um, this question is really important because I believe that women’s rights are also human rights. So I really want to know: under what circumstances it’s acceptable to say that “I wish I could take their vaginas away. They don’t deserve to be women.” Just to give that context, that’s one of the tweets off your Twitter.

A: So, let’s give some context here, because, y’know, we have — Uh, this is an event organized by an Asian American, right? Let’s just get — let’s get some context to what is going on here. Celebrating a community, right? Talking about communities of color who are being directly impacted by this moment and I have a young white man in the back who is not directly impacted by any of the issues I mentioned.

A copy and paste that he got from a right-wing blog. He doesn’t even know if it actually came from my Twitter account because he has a screenshot of it. He never actually went to my Twitter to see if it’s actually there. Right? That never happened.

But let me just say this to you: You’re college students, I was in my twenties, when was that, 2011? People say stupid @#$%& sometimes, right?

I will be judged by my impeccable track record for black lives and immigrants rights and women’s rights and LGBT rights, you judge me by that record and not by some tweet that you think I did or did not tweet ten years ago or seven years ago or whenever it was. So that’s my answer to your question. Next.
[/i]

[www.youtube.com]
September 16, 2019 12:50AM
Who do you think she was referring to if not herself?
September 16, 2019 01:17AM
Of course she was referring to herself. I said before that she admitted it, but that is not the same thing as "mea culpa." She didn't take responsibility for the stupidity turd she coughed up, she dodged it, attacked the questioner and dodged it again. Why can's she answer the question, "under what circumstances it’s acceptable to say that 'I wish I could take their vaginas away. They don’t deserve to be women.'” Why can't she say, "I'm sorry"?

Just look at her "impeccable track record...for immigrants rights" and don't discriminate.
September 16, 2019 01:25AM
Well she called what she said "stupid s'hit". That's pretty self-deprecating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!