Forum Index            

SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

This isn't complicated. 2020 is a referendum on Trump.

The job of the Biden campaign is simple, and Trump is helping.
Is your name welcomed below? Then you can post here. Otherwise, click "Log In" to post!
Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Look, we are all racists.

Posted by Curt Anderson 
Look, we are all racists.
September 12, 2019 04:39AM
Some of us are more racist than others. Our racism may well be unintentional, but we’re all a little bit racist. We all subconsciously perceive the world with a certain bias based on social indoctrination, stories our parents tell us, media depictions of certain types of people, etc. It's probably evolutionary that we are all to varying degrees xenophobic. If your tribe consists of short, dark-haired people, you might feel wary and even threatened by tall, red-haired strangers. That's why travel is an important part of personal development. Anybody who has done much traveling around the world knows that you can meet friendly people everywhere. Often times good people you meet abroad don't look like you.

Now what separates some people from other people, is a commitment to being anti-racist. Being anti-racist is more than simply tolerating other racial groups and ethnicities. It means treating them as you would members of your own "clan". Our 22 year-old, muscular black son probably is viewed with suspicion by a lot of people he meets. However, when he is in his police uniform confronting and arresting creeps who assault and threaten women (as happened at least twice last week), he is somebody you'd want on your side.

"White power! White power!" --Demented Racist Donald Trump

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:49AM by Curt Anderson.
Re: Look, we are all racists.
September 12, 2019 05:07AM
Exactly, Curt. I know that I have always consciously kept it back. It was not easy at times since I grew up in a very cosmopolitan City but one that contained few people of colour at the time. One of my three closest friends as a boy was Chinese but, somehow they were different. At the same time, I never needed to think about it because of the rarity of coloured people.
September 12, 2019 08:33AM
a very narrow definition of racism

long time basketball coach here

i split my team into two -- red shirts and white shirts. team is white, mex, negro...

30 minutes later they hate/want to kill the opposite shirt

and they were girls

people tribe up

and race is the strongest tribe there is

it is innate, God given, God's design

nothing wrong with it. it just is. denying that is fighting nature.

good luck with fighting human nature. those that try to deny it are forced into all kinds of lies and deception.....and worse, policy errors that reverberate throughout our society.

==========================================================================

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:39AM by txcup.
September 12, 2019 05:07PM
Some people discriminate irrationally against pit bulls, but become very upset if anyone suggests the differences between people are more than skin deep. (Unless white/male/Christian. Leftists embrace double standards.) Feminists ostensibly favor women's rights, and yet they support Sharia. For example, Bernie's campaign surrogate Linda Sarcer favors Sharia and female genital mutilation.
September 12, 2019 05:23PM
Sarsour. I seriously doubt that she favors female genital mutilation. Like even the most pious Jews and Christians don't favor stoning adulterers.

The deliberate distortion and misrepresentation of peoples' viewpoints is getting way out of hand on this forum.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 05:25PM by Donna.
September 12, 2019 06:19PM
Race is just more horsesh!t the wealthy throw at the poor (that's all of us) to divide us. I have no problem with other races and they have no problem with me. I reject out of hand the idea that everyone is racist.
September 12, 2019 06:24PM
Me too, Indy. It comes across as guilt-appeasing projection.
September 12, 2019 06:27PM
Everyone is a racist like everyone is bisexual.

September 12, 2019 06:53PM
You are wrong, indy, Donna and Ponderer. Probably because racism is so ill defined. Racism is merely an extension of prejudice to which all human beings are subject. It is increased or heightened by the level of ignorance with respect to the object of the prejudice. We all, quite naturally, favour our own group over others. The degree of difference marks the degree of prejudice and, that, with respect to colour is enlarged. Fear of the other also comes into it. It is akin to a mild xenophobia.
September 12, 2019 07:05PM
I am not suggesting that we all are overt racists. As civilized beings we are capable, in varying degrees, of supressing our worst tendencies and inclinations.

If you are an infant (or infantile) it makes sense as a survival mechanism to have a preference for people who look you and your family.
[www.sciencedaily.com]

"White power! White power!" --Demented Racist Donald Trump

September 12, 2019 07:59PM
"I am not suggesting that we all are overt racists." -Curt

I am not suggesting that we all are overt bisexuals.

A preference for people similar to you is not an expression of racism. Actual racism needs to be taught and learned. It goes beyond a "natural favoring" that we all have.

September 12, 2019 08:04PM
The most racist these days are actually those who claim to be anti-racist, as they want to destroy all ethnos.

That is why the anti-racist campaigners are the ironic tools of globalist supremacism, which is none other than imperialism with better PR.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Build yourselves a wall of ships!" said the Oracle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2019 08:10PM by Kairos.
September 13, 2019 04:10AM
Bingo, hon.
September 13, 2019 06:50AM
Donna
Sarsour. I seriously doubt that she favors female genital mutilation. Like even the most pious Jews and Christians don't favor stoning adulterers.

The deliberate distortion and misrepresentation of peoples' viewpoints is getting way out of hand on this forum.

These words are attributed to Linda Sarcer: "Brigitte Gabriel=Ayaan Hirsi Ali. She's asking 4 an a$$ whippin'. I wish I could take their vaginas away- they don't deserve to be women."

When she was questioned about the tweet which seems inconsistent with her feminist values, she became very defensive, attacked the questioner and redirected the audience. But she admitted, "people say stupid @#$%&." It could be she was just being a troll since these women are very critical of Islam. But it's especially scathing because Ayaan Hirsi Ali lives under the threat of death since she wrote the film Submission, which tells women's stories of oppression. Her partner Theo Van Gogh was murdered for this work. Yet the alleged feminist attacked this woman's rights activist with these words. And she went crazy when someone asked her about it.

That shows who she really is, a religious extremist working a progressive front. I dislike modern Western-style feminists as I have expressed, but a fake feminist is something progressives ought to be concerned about. They don't agree with American/Western values. Some groups are thinking generations into the future. They can plant extremists within a progressive movement, and they use the values tolerance and non-discrimination to advance their own agenda.

That got off-topic but race and religion get mixed up. It is my understanding that race is a newer concept that became relevant with chattel slavery. People identified by nationality or ethnicity before race was invented as a concept.
September 13, 2019 05:26PM
You're serious? You think she's actually calling for genital mutilation?

I once made a similar remark to you.

Why do you keep misspelling her last name?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!