Forum Index            

Cookies Consent Information
SelectSmart.com®
Before you decide
Over 20,000 selectors

Join to post comments.

Is your name welcomed below? Then you are invited to post here: Politics Philosophy Diversions

Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Why do right wing ammosexuals insist on ignoring the "well regulated militia" part of the Second Amendment?

Posted by Ponderer 
It's really flabbergasting. They'll go on and on about how clear the amendment is, yet this rather important part of it is completely glossed over and totally ignored by them like it isn't even there.

"It clearly intends that since we, at the time, needed to have a well regulated militia to protect each individual state and the country as a whole, people had to be allowed to have guns to be participants in such a militia." -me

Not one of them has been able to point out how this simple and fact-based reading of the amendment is in any way misguided or wrong in any way.

Now watch how the conservatives in here shy away from making any rational contribution to this thread..........

What f*cking cowards they are. All of them.

we are certainly regulated -- over-regulated. go ahead...any country want to try our militia? japan thought about it....enough to conclude...

====================================================================

lolita express -- pedo-jet adventures, owned and operated by convicted pedophile

epstein, dershowitz, clinton, trump, prince andrew, chris tucker, kevin spacey, more...
Oh gimme a freaking break, txcup. What militia? A bunch of tiny-dicked Cliven Bundys running around the desert in camouflage with their AKs is no replacement for the American military. Organized my eye. And such a motley crew could scarcely be said to be necessary to the security of a free State, let alone the whole country.

So tell us why you are happy to ignore mention of "well regulated militias" in the Second Amendment........

The very idea that we need a militia in case this country is invaded is massively insulting to our entire military force.

Why are you so insulting to our troops, txcup?

180,000 PAGES of regulations. and that's just of the federal variety. regulated to death

lolita express -- pedo-jet adventures, owned and operated by convicted pedophile

epstein, dershowitz, clinton, trump, prince andrew, chris tucker, kevin spacey, more...
People don't like to be meddled with.
it's not a gun problem. it's a negro problem

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 07:09AM by txcup.
"it's not a gun problem. it's a negro problem" -txcup

Thank you for saving me the waste of time reading anything beyond that sentence.

Wtf deja vu txcup. Why don't you address the question Ponderer asked?
nitou
Wtf deja vu txcup. Why don't you address the question Ponderer asked?

i destroyed it on its other threads about same. it starts new threads - so that people dont read my work and make it look like the corrupt idiot it is. still -- a few lines to put this one to bed too

paid mercenaries of nyc.dc are not the People mentioned in the second. exactly the opposite. they are part of an entity that we might have to deal with someday --- foreign and domestic -- ever heard the phrase? also might check into mention of 'standing armies' - those writers were smart

dept of defense is improperly named -- like patriot act, affordable health care. it is the opposite. the WAR dept is all about offense --- see the massive number of wars, bases and troops overseas. the great majority protecting the country ARE THE MILITIA -- we the people...the ones that the japanese admiral considered and decided he had no chance to broach US dirt -- because of us - and NOT because nyc.dc's mercenaries

we stand at the ready to protect the US while the war dept kills people overseas for israel. you dont get any more militia than that

if/when the time comes, the gun grabbing dupes will be hiding behind us armed americans protecting them. the dept of defense will be bombing OVERSEAS and responding with foreign attacks on the enemy country. WE will be responsible for protecting the US people - just like the never-ending stories of good guys with guns stopping mass murders......and the police show up long after, to clean up the mess and look like total cucks

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 05:37AM by txcup.
and these have gotten WORSE since trayvon/brown nyc.dc inflame the gun criminals operation

Ponderer

Thank you for saving me the waste of time reading anything beyond that sentence.

but of course, we do not need laser surgery on the tumor. we need to blow up the universe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 05:52AM by txcup.
if you can, in your mind, put this chart together with the previous chart. can you find the problem?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 06:01AM by txcup.
Yes I see the problem, it is racism. You are part of the problem txcup. You are a bigot. Nobody's gonna take you seriously as long as you carry on like a fool.
A thousand years from now, if homo sapiens survives (which I doubt), we'll probably all be one race. People then will learn about our current period of history, and they'll view racism as part of their primitive past.
So txcup wants lots of guns on the street so Africans Americans can kill each other.

Here is a stat for you Txcup

Non-Hispanic white men have been responsible for 54 percent of mass shootings since August 1982. And white males make up only 31% of the population of the USA. Look it up.

This statement is partially right. The 2nd Amendment still exist because of the Souths needed to use their militias to preserve slavery and control slaves. Look it up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2017 12:39PM by Fascinated_foreigner.
txcup has proven that there is absolutely no point in trying to engage him in a rational debate or conversation. He ignores what you say or totally misinterprets and misrepresents it. He speak in straw man arguments. He can't stay on topic. He obfuscates. He thinks he is responding to you when his responses are nothing but irrelevant. non sequitur distraction.

Why do right wing ammosexuals insist on ignoring the "well regulated militia" part of the Second Amendment?

It was a simple question that he refuses to directly address.

Fascinated_foreigner
This statement is partially right. The 2nd Amendment still exist because of the Souths needed to use their militias to preserve slavery and control slaves. Look it up.

This illuminates why the National Rifle Association is awkwardly silent when black men are killed by police for exercising their lawful right to bear arms.
Ponderer
It's really flabbergasting. They'll go on and on about how clear the amendment is, yet this rather important part of it is completely glossed over and totally ignored by them like it isn't even there.

"It clearly intends that since we, at the time, needed to have a well regulated militia to protect each individual state and the country as a whole, people had to be allowed to have guns to be participants in such a militia." -me

Not one of them has been able to point out how this simple and fact-based reading of the amendment is in any way misguided or wrong in any way.

Well said - except for the fact that you said "at the time."

The amendment never said at any specific time. It means always.

If we allow one amendment to be subject to time, than beware,
for others may follow.

As I say, the 2nd amendment protects the 1st! smoking smiley

If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain unchanged?
If I close my eyes forever...
Will it all remain the same?

angel
The amendment never said at any specific time. It means always.

A specious argument.

The 18th Amendment prohibiting alcohol, like all constitutional amendments, didn't specify a time it would be in effect. It's always understood that the amendment will be in place forever unless overturned, which the 18th Amendment was via the 21st Amendment.
"The amendment never said at any specific time. It means always." -angel

How about always, as long as the stated reason for its necessity is still relevant? It no longer is. A well regulated militia is no longer a relevant necessity in this era. Therefore, neither is the amendment. And therefore... the amendment is amendable. Quite appropriately so.

..there are 2 ways to amend the Constitution. Do it. The mental retardation on display because you can't read is pathetic.

It just takes the will to do it, whats. But don't worry. I doubt it will ever happen, regardless of how great the need to becomes. There are just too many people in this country who totally and irrationally love their Preciousss guns to ever support letting them go for the betterment of society. F*ck society. They need their Preciousssss.

(Ooops... I feel a meme coming on...)

American gun nuts be like...

Hornswoggle
A thousand years from now, if homo sapiens survives (which I doubt), we'll probably all be one race. People then will learn about our current period of history, and they'll view racism as part of their primitive past.

I already view it that way.

===============================================================

nitou
There's nothing wrong with being gay, except that it would indicate a history of abuse by the opposite sex...

Really? I'm wondering what the LGBT folks in the crowd are thinking about that statement right now. Honesty is calling - will anyone answer? Hmmm....

[www.selectsmart.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

This forum powered by Phorum

The best cities to meet opposite sex singles

Your 24 easiest weight loss diet options

Y'all should use this tool to identify any dialect.

Your best college value isn't where you'd guess

Secret to taking quality photos is this camera

Running shoes that won't cripple you or your wallet

16 dog breeds that won't kill your toddler

High earning jobs for low energy people

Which of over 100 cars & trucks is best for you?

Cookies Consent Policy & Privacy Statement. All Rights Reserved. SelectSmart® is a registered trademark. | Contact SelectSmart.com | Advertise on SelectSmart.com | This site is for sale!